My story, My life - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Fifi
Doc
Ahmed
7 posters

My story, My life

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : My story, My life - Page 2 Tired

My story, My life - Page 2 Empty Re: My story, My life

Post by Ahmed Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Haha, its ok Marwa Wink ...and that's funny lol...the place in Cairo that my cousins
    live in is called "Dar El Salam"
    =====================================
    By the end of that school year the great Egyptian government came up with the idea of returning back 6th grade (It had been canceled since the 70s -___-)...so my parents feared that then I would be behind in school by 2 years instead of the one that happened because of changing my birthday. So once again my parents said that we will be return to the USA.
    I spent that summer after 4th grade with my cousins, we had lots of fun as always. But then it was time to finally go back to the USA. So my mother packed everything and took my 2 sisters, myself and left for the USA. I remember my mom crying that day that she was leaving because she had already started to miss Egypt...I was comforting her.
    When we reached the USA my dad meet us at the airport and took us home. I remembered the old house that I have lived most of my life in (the one in NY). I still had 2 weeks of summer left so I explored my neighborhood a bit. First of all the Kindergarten center had been demolished and instead a HUGE new elementary school was built in its place. It was going to open that year. And since that school is in the same block of my house so I got sent to that new school instead (They send you depending on the one you are closest to). I also went to the park a bit to remember the kids in my community. Then finally 5th grade had started!
    The Banker
    The Banker
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15240
    Username Change Points : 8501
    Registration date : 2009-10-27
    Mood : My story, My life - Page 2 Cool

Post by The Banker Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:17 pm

awwwww thats so sweet...
    i never had to do yr 6.. guess i got lucky man..
    i was doing the Egyptian syllabus here in England as well as the English one..
    my mum used to teach me the stuff and i used to have my exams in the Egyptian embassy in London... i was alwayz 1st out of everyone in my year. haha!! i used to feel clever next to dumb kids xD
    ==
    carry on man.. what happened in 5th grade??
    Very Happy
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:34 pm

It was finally 5th grade. I got a Greek teacher, who's name is Mrs. Papadapolous. She made us work hard. But thanks to what I learned in 4th grade, I knew most of the stuff already. But I won't hold won the fact that I was a very studious student. I did great on all my exams. I got 4 on pretty much all subjects in my report cards. The teacher was really proud of me. This all showed during graduation. Graduation took place in this very beautiful place called "Crystal Palace". My graduation gown color was like dark violet. We sang "I believe I can fly" and "We are the Champions my friends".I got like 5-6 "gold" medals (highest in my school) l7l, I got a nicely done wooden frame with granite on it that had my name carved on it with a "In Recognition of Great Work" or something like that (only me and this other kid got that). And I got $50 (only one in my school). On top of all that, my 5th grade teacher still remembers me to this day (my youngest sister, who now goes to my old elementary school, told us yesterday how the Ms.Papdopoluos was asking her if I knew which college I want to go to...and I was like "SubhanAllah" on how time passes by!) And of course at the time the school was talking about how my graduating class made "history" by becoming the first graduation class of the school...I didn't understand at the time but now I do.

Also there was this art work that I made for art class,a and I believe it's still hanging in the school auditorium to this day!

P.S.: How could I forget...my uncle also took me to the Egyptian museum when I was in Egypt and the security guard idiot was about to charge me more expensively since he thought I was a tourist from the USA Rolling Eyes
    The Banker
    The Banker
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by The Banker Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:47 pm

lolz man xD
    mashaAllah u were a cool kid...
    so ya... in 6th grade...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:23 pm

So that summer of 5th grade, I played along with my friends in the park. An old man was watching me play soccer for days (I played everyday in the park). Then one day while playing soccer, he called me over. I went to him and he told me "I have been watching you play and you play very well...so take this soccer ball". And he gave me an official replica of an European Champion League soccer ball. My friends were so jealous, and they wanted to play with the ball straight away. I refused do, fearing that the soccer ball could get messed up by playing on the concrete with it.

Soon, 6th grade started and I went. I got reunited with a couple of friends from elementary school there. I also got introduced to the game "Runescape" that I still sometimes play with today. I didn't pretty well that year, and excelling in my studies.
    The Banker
    The Banker
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by The Banker Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:27 pm

o.O at the old man..
    but carry on..
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 pm

He was a nice old man actually Smile
    ==============================
    There was nothing special that summer. I went to the park as usual and played soccer with my friends...I also went to the pool many times! Good times.

Nevertheless, my mother moved me to another junior high school, that she thought was better. I quickly meet a Pakistani kid called "Ziyad" and I soon found out that he was a very smart kid. We quickly became very close friends. Him and I encouraged each other all the way, and I tried to help him become a better Muslim, and I learned myself too!

At that time I had just joined a forum called "Sal's Realm of Runescape" ...I started out getting help for the game Runescape, but I soon switched over to their relatively small "Off-Topic section" I found out there that there was a lack of understanding of Islam. I made an account called "Le Caire" (It was how you say "Cairo" in French...I liked the way it looked in French)...and I started my campaign of ridding ignorance. I got into very fierce debates with the non-Muslims there...this was also the place where I met my buddies Sayfullah (Who's name was "Sultan" over there and Dark Flame (who's name was just Flame). While I debated and read info. to reply to the non-Muslims, and sometimes got support from Sayf, I learned lots and lots and lots of things about Islam. I became very knowledgeable. I had never known as close to that about Islam in my life.

SO...I tried to advise Ziyad to become a better Muslim. I encouraged him, like I did, to completely isolate myself from the girls.
    The Banker
    The Banker
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by The Banker Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 pm

woOoOoOoW
    ur life is getting interesting man...
    keep going Wink
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks.
    ===============
    So the more I discovered Islam, the more I became disgusted with the kids at my school. How the boys and girls were being dirty etc. I focused on my work and tried to ignore any distractions. I also advised Ziyad, the advise that a kid had given me at mosque class.... that we should focus on aiming to get into a specialized high school (The best High Schools in New York).
    Ziyad and I competed for the best of the best in class. He didn't like competing, but I was telling him there is nothing wrong with competing.
    Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that we had a very strong friendship and bond. This was shown during the summer of 8th grade. He had went to Pakistan and he called me from there and I called him.

This was all happening as I grew (prestige wise in the Sals forum community) I was crushing non-Muslim debates and basically I was getting legend status (I did gain it as I'll sow you later). I even went to as far as this guy (in his twenties) PMing me in that forum that he is giving me the chance to convert to Islam. I tried and tried and tried but the guy just didn't see the light unfortunately.

8th grade came and I had the same class (Ziyad was in my class). We were still great friends. He even went to this program for $800 that was supposed to prepare you for the exam that you take to go into the special high school, and they gave him a book and an extra one for some reason. He gave me the extra one, like a real bro. Smile

We took the test and we did good. Our friendship continued. during the year (around October) this kid in my class had jumped out of nowhere...one day when we had a substitute...and he screamed "AHMED, DALALIA LIKES YOU" ...Dalaila was this white Albanian "Muslim" girl in my class....and I could safely say that she was Muslim solely by name! SO I yelled, "But I don't like her!!"...ever since that day she called me a nerd and told me how she could beat me up and stuff Rolling Eyes lol
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7932
    Username Change Points : 13314
    Registration date : 2009-11-11
    Mood : My story, My life - Page 2 Bored

Post by Fifi Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Middo my mann you got ladies since then! lol
    Go on!!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:59 pm

I didn't want them though, read my story properly Razz
    ====================
    Anyways, later on in 8th grade, this different kid did the same thing and said "Hey Ahmed, Tahsin likes you"...I said "But I don't like her"...she was a behaved and smart Pakistani girl and all but no...and the worst part is she started crying. I actually thought I would get in trouble LOL.
    Also I visited Ziyad's house a couple of times and played video games with him.
    Anyhow, this Ziyad and I found out later that we both got accepted to a specialized high school l7l. But by the end of the year Ziyad had changed...for the bad. He started hanging out with the idiots of class, whom made fun of me and called me names, and he started dropping. Ever since then we haven't spoken with each other...
    AT the end of the year the Assistant Principal of my academy summoned me. I went to her and she informed me that I was valedictorian (1st place) of the school...I was a little surprised because competition was fierce. It turned out that this Moroccan girl was Salutatorian (2nd place)...(and Tahsin was 3rd place...but that's not a rank)

Ziyad whom I thought the competition was between him and I wasn't even close.
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:04 pm

valedictorian 1st place!! wow!!! bravo mann!!!

Think you lend me your brain sometimes!? Razz

Hayy you see the ladies are still after you! hahahaha
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Yeah haha. But I'm not like that fifi, I wrote my biography so you could understand me a bit more Razz
    =======================
    My graduation took place in a College in New York. I got 4 medals and $70.

That summer, I knew that my school will request of me to do community/volunteer service time. So I decided to finish them and do them at a library. I planned to volunteer 5 times a week for 5 hours each day (3 days for Friday though so I could pray Friday prayer). My job was to shelve books back in place. It was SOOO boring -___-, but soon I became familiar with the kids that go to the library. Then one day some kid brought his monopoly board and we played. It was soooo good as it killed time (and I was doing pretty good hehe). Later on this Pakistani kid came to the library. Somehow, we started debating over Palestine-israel. I was saying that israel shouldn't exists at all. But he was debating with me how he has debated this Jewish kid before and he told him that israel was created int eh same way that Pakistan was carved out of Pakistan...I debated with him and how the Muslims already ruled that land and all of India for ages etc etc and he agreed.

Ever since then we became great friends.

This kid was Hassan. But he isn't a kid, he's a true man.
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:23 pm

You got 4 medals and $70. i so proud of you im tearing up lol
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 pm

O...k...lol thanks Razz (I got $50 in elementary school and 7 medals if you read my previous posts Wink
    ====================
    9th grade came around the corner...and boy was it stressful (at the beginning)! In my 2nd week of school I had 5 exams in one day >.< ...I was definitely not used to this before. Also I got HW that I saw as overwhelming...I always finished my HW at around 11:30...something was definitely wrong, I thought. But I soon found out that I nothing was wrong, I just wasn't used to it. :S
    I saw Ziyad a couple of times at school...but we never spoke. I still isolated myself from girls for the most part. It was also the first time that I saw smexy (he was in my bio class), but I didn't really know him...he was just a classmate at the time. A funny incident regarding Smexy is that he put a slide of a huge cookie in his power point presentation tot he class about global warming xD

On another note lots of people were starting to dissent with me at Sals...so I decided to make a forum...THIS forum Smile I invited a couple of people like Sayf, Flame, Pried...steve and people came with them...somehow.

Anyways, soon I got banned from Sals Forum. I sort of sensed that the big people (admin etc) were tuning (they turned a long time ago) against me. So one one day they banned Sayf, and me 1 hour after him.

Topics soon started being made about how I was a legend at sals and how the sals administration was a dictatorship.

I focused on my forum and tried to invite random people so the forum can grow.

Back to school, I had this old Jewish women as a history teacher, and I DREADED HER (smexy also had her). She was the complete worst teacher ever, and made me hate math. She was biased towards Asian girls for some reason. But she told us in the last week of the semester that she is not going to be our teacher next semster becasue she has to replace another teacher. I BLASTED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. I couldn't believe it. My next semester teacher turned out to be an old German man who cursed us all the time and would through chalk and stuff at us (he called this kid in the class a "f*g". But IMO he was the best teacher ever because he was easy and he never cursed me lol, I was good Razz

Even though I didn't know what was the point of AP classes at the time, my history teacher told us about signing up for AP World history.I personally loved World history and so I signed up for it

That was pretty much it for 9th grade.
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 pm

LMAO that reminded me of my psychology teacher she threw like 10 pens at me because i said her husband was not hot! lol..really wasn't Razz

And math teachers...ugh... mines makes me frustrated..she cant even do math herself..
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15318
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : My story, My life - Page 2 Relaxed

Post by Doc Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 pm

my 9th grade years was terrible ... in fact all of HS was ...
    SmexyGenius
    SmexyGenius
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 981
    Username Change Points : 6874
    Registration date : 2008-09-17
    Mood : My story, My life - Page 2 Stressed

Post by SmexyGenius Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:01 am

BTW does that girl Tahsin go to our school? o.O Some paki girl with the same name was in my freshmen cluster...(was kinda emo..by emo i dont mean dressed emo btw)
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:02 am

Sayfullah wrote:my 9th grade years was terrible ... in fact all of HS was ...

thats because your a bore! lol
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 am

During 9th grade, my parents had changed my normal doctor to soemone else (an Egyptian doctor). I went to take a check-up appointment. When I took off my shirt so he can check my heart beat...he stopped, and called his assistant. I was thinking "What did I do? -__-" He was said, what is is as he pointed at my chest?" . The assistant said "It's a depression"...and the doctor said "Yes it is, and it is abnormal...it has to be corrected by surgery." I was thinking at this point "Yup, tell me of my bad luck Rolling Eyes " After talking for a while, I found out that I did have a depression (I myself never noticed it since I thought that's how I was because I'm skinny), and I found out that it is not harmful to my health (x-rays said so)...it is mainly cosmetic (for looks)...he said it had to be done in the summer.

So when summer came I did the surgery and stayed 5 days in the hospital. Once I woke up frommy anastia I was soooooo thirsty but the nurse said I can't drink but I can eat ice chips...I thought w/e just give me water in any form lol. Later thy had to move me to my room in the hospital and when the stupid nurses transferred me from the movable bed to my room bed omg the pain was so unbearable >.< and they made it worst by not being careful with me...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:14 am

No smexy, she went to Bronx Sci.
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 am

ouch! i hate hospitals there so depressing except the new born babies!lol
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:25 am

So I slept right away pretty much that day. The 1st day I woke up and my this Philippine nurse came and she was putting cream on me. I literally couldn't move at all. She told me that she had worked in Dubai before, for some time. She ordered me breakfast and gave me the remote to the TV. I could move my arms so woot! I opened the TV and got Cartoon Network (quite pleasant since my parents had canceled all the English channels and only kept the Arabic ones Razz ) I watched shows like Ben 10, Spongebob, these other cartoons that I forgot their names. My parents had come during half the day to visit me. Even though I had no appetite my mother forced me to eat O_O. Eventually my parents left and I was left alone again. I couldn't sleep that night AT ALL!! I tried but I couldn't. So I stayed up watching some "Family Guy"...omg the time was passing so slowly that night >.< , and at random times the nurse would come in and put this oxygen mask on my face and I had to take it all in. Also I got shots of glucose and others like every 3 hours...not very pleasant.
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:27 am

wow your life is so dramatic! sheshh mann!
    I've notice you have met people of all races in your life i find that amazing!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:35 am

What do you expect lol, I live in NY, the most diverse state Wink !
    ============================
    2nd day, watched cartoons, but this time besides my parents coming to visit me, Hassan came to visit me!! It was so thoughtful of him and he really grew greatly in my eyes! (Esp. since the hospital isn't even close by to where we live...you got to it by subway).
    3rd day this nurse came and tried to help me walk. I couldn't even stand up...I would just lose balance and fall.
    In the following days along with my shots, meals, parental visits and oxygen masks, they pulled this wire that they had attacked to my side to connect it with my lungs so it could such up all the internal bleeding. The doctor made a mistake I guess, and I kept on coughing non-stop. Doctors came after an hour and they cut me again in my chest (a small cut) and they connected another wire...I stopped coughing.
    Next day I tried to walk a bit. I walked VERY slowly, but I did accomplish walking a bit.
    Better the next day
    and ok on the last day...

My parents took me in a taxi and we went home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:52 pm