My story, My life Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Fifi
Doc
Ahmed
7 posters

My story, My life

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : My story, My life Tired

My story, My life Empty My story, My life

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Ok so this is an autobiography that I will write here just in case I become famous or anything one day someone could publish it aware
    ==========================================================
    I was born in Cairo, Egypt on a Sunday on November 29 1992. My parents thought that I would start school late since I'm born in November of that year so they thought if they make me "younger" than I might go to school earlier...this turned out to not be true unfortunately. So they reported that my birthday is on January 2nd...this discrepancy is nothing unusual in Egypt since many families change their childrens' DOB.

I was a playful child. I was very curious about anything I saw. I lived with my parents in a very huge house...sometimes my grandparents came to visit.

2 years later my sister Mona was born. She was born on a Wednesday. She was also born in Cairo.

My parents thought that it would be much better to move to America since they have a better education system there. So my parents said farewell to all our family members and we went to NY, USA!

Last edited by Sultan Ahmed IV on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15318
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : My story, My life Relaxed

My story, My life Empty Re: My story, My life

Post by Doc Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm

u stole my thread title man
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7932
    Username Change Points : 13314
    Registration date : 2009-11-11
    Mood : My story, My life Bored

Post by Fifi Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 pm

LOL Sayf!

Continue on Sultan!
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15318
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : My story, My life Relaxed

Post by Doc Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 pm

fifz gimme butta ... or protein lol
    The Banker
    The Banker
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15240
    Username Change Points : 8501
    Registration date : 2009-10-27
    Mood : My story, My life Cool

Post by The Banker Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:48 pm

ima gonna keep my butta Safiyah Razz
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Dude, don't spam my topic, get out. Spam yours! And no, yours is called "My life man"...mine is different
    =================================
    So we came to the USA and my parents decided to live in the basement of my father's brother (my uncle). He was married to a Christian American woman and they had 2 children Tarek and this girl which I forgot her name. Those were my cousins. We had lots of fun for all I could remember. My parents had bought me a Super Nintendo (retro ftw Razz ) and a Super Mario Bros. video game. Tarek and I kept on playing it, good times we have had.

Eventually, however, we moved to to an apartment in the building on the opposite street which was owned by my aunt's (the one married to my dad's brother) mother. I remember I used to watch the "Wheel of Fortune" while my dad would go to work.

When I was about to go to start my school life, my parents moved once again 20 blocks away to the apartment that I currently live in. It was a wide apartment when compared to other buildings in New York City. And it was right next to the bus station, train station and school (my elementary school is actually on the same block of my house).

My parents applied for me to go to day care at this day care center that was 5 blocks away from our house. And that's when I started my educational life.
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 pm

Good Good. And then...?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Well I went to day care and actually started meeting people! I remember my teachers giving us snacks and us playing all the time. The guys played on the computer and the girls usually played "house" in their area. I still remember it to this day the computer game that I liked thee most. It was about how you are a rider of this machine then you go and kill other machines and you could even hijack their machines and control theirs!! It was a very epic game IMO back then, and I think if I ever saw the game nowadays I would definitely buy it. So my day care life ended in playing and eating snacks along with my friends. It was also at that time that I had learned to tie my shoes from a friend of mines. The teacher wouldn't let me go to the park till I tie my shoes and so this kid in my day care class showed me. Apparently, the kid thought me to tie my shoes in a very weird way, as to this day my mother asks me "Why do you tie your shoes like that?"...it was the first way I learned to tie my shoes so I guess it's stuck with me.

That was it for all I remember about day care. Then my mother applied me to kindergarten.

P.S.: How could I forget to say that I came to he USA when I was two and a half years old (right after my sister was born).
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:46 pm

This is actually quite fascinating to read for me i always love hearing about other peoples lives because they can trigger so many memories from my life!
    Please go on!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:00 pm

So my mother registered my at the kindergarten that's right next our house (same block). This was the year that I started making real friends. I befriended this Hispanic kid in my class called Michael. I remember that we had to bring a mat (Mines was red on one side, and blue on the other side) so we could sleep on it during nap time. We also got snacks like during day care, but we also started learning things. We took a first ever look at the English letters and numbers. We did many creative projects such as cutting our snow flakes, learning about Johnny Apple Seed, making paper puppets for important people or things such as pumpkins, for Halloween, leprechauns, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. We also said weird things like "March comes in like a lion, and out like a lamb" (I still remember). I also remember that a teacher got this large tent-like thin with lots of orange and black butterflies in it, it was nice. My sister still didn't go to school at this time. It was a fun year for me overall especially since I got my very first watch. Razz

Without registering I automatically got sent to 1st grade that was 2 blocks away from my kindergarten school.
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:09 pm

automatically got sent to 1st grade, you were even a nerd then! Razz i would to known little Ahmed! I bet your baby pictures were sooo cute!! Laughing
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

No LOL Razz . By that I meant that my mother didn't need to register me for first grade since the kindergarten and the elementary school were connected Razz
    Actually I have a baby picture, a picture when I was 1 year old and a picture when I was in Kindergarten. The baby one I looked very happy in and cute (like a cute baby haha) and the 1 year old one I looked like a confused baby and cute (baby standard haha) Razz ...but both of them look much different from what I look like now. Smile
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:29 pm

OMG!!! scan them to your computer!!! i must see them!!!! lol PLEASE! hahahaa Razz
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Nah man Razz , sorry fifi (I didn't even show you my current picture LOL Razz )
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 pm

aww i just love baby pictures! there sooo cute and funny!!
    But feel free to continue your life!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Ok thanks Razz ...maybe in the future some time I will post them...
    ==================
    So I went to first grade and started getting used to the "real school life". My teacher was called Ms. Lipchitz (sp?). That lady was the one who probably made me a successful student (to this day). She thought me how to read words very easy way. I think she even thought us how to do simple adding and subtracting questions. As a first year in school, I got good grades (maybe average).
    This year also my mother took me to the park that's near our house and I started playing soccer with the children over there. I was sort of good.
    I also started becoming more social with everyone around me. I remember this girl called "Sarah" who was in my class, she used to play tag with me and the rest of my friends. It was fun Smile
    Then I moved onto 2nd grade.
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:54 pm

so in 2nd grade...??
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:05 pm

In 2nd grade my teacher was called "Mrs.Lettuce". It was the first year I had met another Egyptian. He was my classmate and his name was "Ramadan". I would have been his friend...but he was the fooling around type...I didn't really like to hang out with such people. The teacher continued off the good work from Ms. Lipchitz. She made us work hard and simply explained things that she made me love learning a bit. It was also during this year that I could say that I met my first true best friend. He was Pakistani/Bengali and his name was "Syed". I thought I could really relate to him and he was a nice kid. Smile
    That summer I went to Egypt...I don't remember much about that trip to be honest slanty
    But I came back and entered 3th grade, and my teacher was called Mrs. Misheledees. That women made us work hard, but she certainly boosted my knowledge! I also met another friend called "Rajeesh" (an Indian) and the member who is known here as "Element". We had good times Smile

That summer, however. my parents decided that I would go to Egypt...for good.
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:07 pm

Egypt for good as in you'll live there again?

But continue please!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Good...as in forever. It was intended that we would continue our lives there.
    ================
    So I went to Egypt, while my dad stayed in the USA due to him having to finish some business. I went to Egypt along with my mother, sister and how could I forget to say this but my other sister who was born while I was in 3rd grade in New York. So we all went to Egypt and we were meet at the airport by my extended family (from my mother's side): uncles, aunts, cousins (my grandparents had died).

They took us home and we had a big feast then I got introduced to my cousins: Seham (a girl who is older than me by 2 years) and Ahmed (who is about my age...but in school is one year older than me). One uncle left, but my other uncle (my mother's brother) and my 2 aunts (my mother's sisters) stayed to sleepover with us...we have a very large house as I said before.

My uncle rocks, he is the very fun type Razz . Before I went to sleep he kept on chasing me till I took a shower...I was too lazy to take a shower haha Razz . So my mother slept in her (along with my father's) room with my baby sister. My uncle slept on the couch. My other aunts slept on other couches. MY cousin and I shared a bed and my sister and my Seham shared a bed. That was my first day in Egypt Smile
    Fifi
    Fifi
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Fifi Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:26 pm

too lazy to take a shower ...LMAO!
    continue on!!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Hey I was only 9 and I was tired from my trip LOL, I just wanted to sleep haha Razz .

So the weeks that followed I really got to know my cousins and uncle and aunt (My uncle and one of the aunts were not married yet BTW). As for my cousin, the guy was a PRO at soccer (pro to the extent that his school gave him the opportunity to join a real team...but he blew his chance >.< ). He was the one that I must say, opened my eyes to soccer and thought me how to play soccer well. He even introduced me to the kids in my neighborhood whos names were stuff like zeeko and zeezo and whatnot xD. He also helped my mom throughout her Confusing trips to register me and my siblings for school. Besides this he showed me around my neighborhood, he knew it like the back of his hand, even though he isn't a native of my neighborhood. My cousin Ahmed is a real man, I testify that!

As for my cousin Seham, I can't say much about her besides that she looked big in my eyes at the time Razz

As for my growing baby sister, she could say my name at all, so we told her to call me by the name "Middo" and she was able to do that. I soon found out that my baby sister listened to my other sister much more than me though slanty ...oh well.

Throughout that summer Ahmed and Seham slept over with us (so did my uncle). We sometimes even slept on the floor in the living room...it was nice. In my neighborhood we also have a massive castle (it belonged to the King at the time of when it was a monarch) and it had a large park outside it. My uncle had bought me a soccer ball, so me and my cousin Ahmed, sometimes my whole family, used to picnic in the park and play soccer there...it was VERY fun!!
    The Banker
    The Banker
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by The Banker Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:06 am

haha... continue Middo Wink
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:14 pm

So that summer my uncle took me to Dream Land (It was an amusement park in Egypt). I had the time of my life, considering it was the first time I went to an amusement park. I LOVED the bumper cars the most. My uncle also took us to the zoo, I saw all kinds of animals...lions, hippos, monkeys, etc etc etc. It was also the first time I went to the zoo. I also went to my cousins house a couple of time and got to see their neighborhood. And this happened while I was there, Ahmed and Seham's small brother (7 years old) had disapperraed from the house all of a sudden. And so we worried and left to go look for him outside the house. After searching for hours, the idiot came out from hiding under a bed O_O...I had massive fun that summer!

My mother applied me to this Private School called St.Fatima. I took this blue school bus to school and always sat in the front of the bus with my sister. My calss was called "4D". ANyways, I foudn out that this kid in my calss also came from Texas, America that year (he was also an Egyptian called Kareem)...so I was thinking awesome, another Egyptian that juts came from the USA!!...eventually though we enver really became close freidns and instead I befreiended this short kid called Amr (His sister Shereen was also in his class...they didn't look like twins at all though lol).

I had problems with my ENglish teacehr at times becasue of course she was teaching us British Enlgish-aeroplane, rubbish instead of airplane and garabge-and so she annoyed me when she told me I';m speaking English incorrectly. I also took French class...and it wasn't so great Razz (The only thing I rmemebr learniong is the colors and how to say "Hello my name is Ahmed. What is your name?" in French Razz

I was excused from Arabic and Religion class that year since I just came from the USA.

I also rmember tha this Australian teacher came to teach us about Health...I heard that next week tha she left becasue the kids drove her crazy lol.

And it was a crazy year at school, someitmes, the teachers were absent and they tried to fit 40+ kids in the class -___-

But I DID learn lots of suff due to them packing stuff in my brain (That's how they teach in Egypt-hey pack suff into your head).

At one mont h (I think March) I became the 9th rank in my whole school, I was impressed since I didn't do great obviously in Arabic class Razz !!!!!!!!!

Finally at the end of the year, I passed all (Even French with a 74 Razz ) except Arabic (42)-but I was excused form it anyways.
    The Banker
    The Banker
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by The Banker Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:36 pm

haha!! i remember my first time i Dream land.. ahhh good times man xD
    i spent like 2 yrs in a private skl called "el salaam" some next Christian skl but i guess i learned bares...
    i'm taking some of the stuff now (A-levels) that i took over there (yr 9)o.O
    and my stupid English teacher was sucking up to all the Americans (i had an american lad in my class) and the teacher was speakin all American n stuff...
    it called ENGLISH not American .... that teacher used to get on my nerves so much xD
    ===
    i'll stop talking about myself in ur thread now... xD
    continue man. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:50 pm