Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

+10
benjamin
Doc
Ladien
Ameer
I Lyk Toast
preid1220
Steve
Hassan
Ahmed
den denz
14 posters

Christianity Debate!

Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 11443
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood : Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Relaxed

Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Empty Re: Christianity Debate!

Post by Steve Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:44 pm

that came later in life, to all who knew him when he was a child he was ordinary enough
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Tired

Post by Ahmed Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:12 pm

I don't get it? Didn't, when he spoke to the people as a baby, show them that he wasn't ordinary? (Or is that not Christianity)

Also show me where in the Bible where he said he is the "son of God".
    benjamin
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 1
    Username Change Points : 5737
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post by benjamin Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:13 pm

I am a Christian! I have been for many years!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:18 pm

So why do you think its the true religion Benjamin...?
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 631
    Username Change Points : 6302
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Fine

Post by Theory Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:07 pm

Well, I'm more or less an Agnostic Jew

Agnostic- questioning the existence of G-d (How Jews write it, because we believe that his name never ends, or something like that)

I'm 50/50 with religion, because I am a logical person. And logicaly, Big Bang Theory disproves G-d, along with evolution and what not

I do have some very good G-d related jokes though Wink
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10569
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Busy

Post by Hassan Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 am

logic and the spiritual...interesting combination. But you can logically prove that there must be a G-d, Allah Almighty: just dwelve upon how else life would have been possible?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Actually Theory the Big Bang doesn't disprove God...
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Theory Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Big Bang/everything else science has to disprove G-d

Why prove the existence of Allah, when, if Allah wanted you to know about him/her wouldn't Allah have the power to show himself/herself? Oh, and imo "You're just supposed to believe" is, to me, the same as an imaginary friend.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Believing is up to you Wink

And I don't know about Judiaism or Christinaity...but science actually proves that Islam is the truth...
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Theory Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 pm

How so sir Achmed?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Its Ahmed theory Wink

In many ways...tell me a scietinfic fact that disproves Islam.
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Theory Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:16 pm

I edited it right after I posted it....guess the forum failed :fish:

Don't know much bout Islam.....don't even think we cover that in confirmation class
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 12013
    Mood : Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Stressed

Post by preid1220 Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:38 pm

http://www.answering-islam.org/

Would you trust somebody who openly boasts to be a skilled deceiver? It should be disturbing to Muslims and non-Muslims alike that the Qur'an speaks of Allah as deceiving and misleading others in about a dozen passages. If this is indeed part of the character of Allah, how can the Qur'an be trusted?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:29 pm

The Classic, answering-Islam and answering-Christianity Razz

Nevertheless, I'll answer.

Allah guides who He pleases. This means, that if a person wants to get guided Allah will guide him. If a person insists on being astray, then Allah will leave him as he is. However, it is equally as possible, if Allah wishes, to guide someone who is astary and doesn't want to be guided...to be guided anyways.

I don't know about the "decieving" and "misleading" parts you speak of...

SO post those verses, or I guess I answered you.

Of course Theory...it was a mere coincidnece Rolling Eyes

Anyways, then if you don't know anything about Islam...would you like to know anything about it?
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 12013
    Mood : Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Stressed

Post by preid1220 Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:22 am

so your saying god can force people against there free will? now why would god who gave us free will ever do that? Mohammad was not even a person of the book so how can he say he is gods chosen one? what amazing feats has you Mohamed done for the people? he started a war to kill many of gods children and he dares to call himself holy? yes the crusades were out fault but the popes and church officials who supported them may very well be burning in hell. the crusades did lead to western Europe becoming more advance and stopped even more senseless wars.
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Theory Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:56 am

Well, can't say I really want to learn about Islam. No offense of course, just don't see the need to know it.

As for what Preid said.....

Many people have used religion as a gateway to get political power and fight their enemies. Kings, queens, etc....most are religious and often people who said they had "Divine Right" were believed and were given power.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:13 am

preid1220 wrote:so your saying god can force people against there free will? now why would god who gave us free will ever do that? Mohammad was not even a person of the book so how can he say he is gods chosen one? what amazing feats has you Mohamed done for the people? he started a war to kill many of gods children and he dares to call himself holy? yes the crusades were out fault but the popes and church officials who supported them may very well be burning in hell. the crusades did lead to western Europe becoming more advance and stopped even more senseless wars.

When did I ever speak of force? God gave us free will, but at the same time some evnts are pre-destined such as birth, death etc. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) never claimed he was "the choosen one", he just claimed that he was a Prophet of God like the many prophets before him. And of course he was a person of the book-the Qur'an.

The Qur'an is the amazing thing...read it once..I read parts of the Bible before...

Which war do you speak of. Maybe you are more knowledgabel than me, but I could humble tell you that during his life, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) gave various injunctions to his forces and adopted practices toward the conduct of war. The most important of these were summarized by Muhammad's companion, Abu Bakr (RA), in the form of ten rules for the Muslim army:

“ Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone. ”

These injunctions were honored by the second Caliph, Umar, during whose reign (634–644) important Muslim conquests took place. These principles were also honoured during the Crusades, as exemplified by sultans such as Saladin and al-Kamil.

So I don't know what you are talking about. And FYI the people that the Muslims fought were pagan idol worshippers, not "sons of God"-as you refer to them.

It surprises me you say that about the Pope, Pried...sin't it true that in Christrainity the Pope claims to be able to "speak" to God?...so bny that sense, God told the Pope to launch the crusades...or do you disagree?

Really? What do you call WWI and WWII?

That's ok Theory...its up to you Wink
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15318
    Registration date : 2007-10-25

Post by Doc Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:27 am

Alright, this is basically the only post I've read in this thread so don't expect me to rebut something that relates to another post .. like preid's first 3 questions ( Rolling Eyes ) but anyway:

preid1220 wrote:so your saying god can force people against there free will? now why would god who gave us free will ever do that? Mohammad was not even a person of the book so how can he say he is gods chosen one? what amazing feats has you Mohamed done for the people? he started a war to kill many of gods children and he dares to call himself holy? yes the crusades were out fault but the popes and church officials who supported them may very well be burning in hell. the crusades did lead to western Europe becoming more advance and stopped even more senseless wars.
    Conquering the entire Arabian penninsula and bringing most of it under the fold of Islam is not a spectacular feat? Eradicating the senseless and barbaric practices and customs of the Arabs and transforming them into nation that would eventually dominate the world for centuries is not an amazing feat? Honestly, this is a question comming from someone who knows practically nothing about Islam or its Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) .. and if you mean feats as in miracles, many of them were also manifested by him with the aid of Allah ( سبحانه وتعالى‎).

No wars or conflicts were initiated by the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ), nor did he ever praise himself, in fact the only Being he praised was God Almighty ( سبحانه وتعالى‎).

Also, this title of this thread indicatest that its a debate centered on Christianity, not Islam .. so if you want to discuss Islam, then create a new topic ...
    Ameer
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 280
    Username Change Points : 6128
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by Ameer Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Rolling Eyes Oh great, another brainwashed fool bringing us nonsensical garbage from answering islam which has tons and tons of misrepresentations that blind following of it will just make a fool out of yourself.

Religion telling us to deceive people? Are these guys idiots? Where do we begin? What manner of comprehension do they have of the Quran telling us to speak the truth and when hypocrites trying to deceive people that God is saying he deceives them? Can't they comprehend anything? The fools.

Preid you obviously don't seem to have any knowledge about what our faith tells us and blindly follow a group of viruses that want to kickstart the slander once more from the centuries of all the polemical texts. Please keep in grounds with both faiths before you begin the age-old polemical talk.
    Amen to Sultan...morons who have absolutely no knowledge about our faith and our book and they come here rambling senselessly from over-zealous websites that only end up making an a** out of yourself.

P.S. Please visit Islamicawareness.com which has excellent sources that demolish the minutest polemical argument this ridiculous website has. The missionary website keeps referring to this Islamic website as "replying back" to its article when this website has once more replied and gave conclusive, articulate, self-evident agruments totally defeating these numbheads. At times its also evident the missionaries have been defeated while trying to produce another article which brings the argument to point one again, hence the Islamic website not bothering to answer back.
    Oh and do yourself a favour reader (if you haven't already) by buying a copy of the Quran itself and reading its contents so that you don't make a fool out of yourself.
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Ameer wrote:Rolling Eyes Oh great, another brainwashed fool bringing us nonsensical garbage from answering islam which has tons and tons of misrepresentations that blind following of it will just make a fool out of yourself.

Religion telling us to deceive people? Are these guys idiots? Where do we begin? What manner of comprehension do they have of the Quran telling us to speak the truth and when hypocrites trying to deceive people that God is saying he deceives them? Can't they comprehend anything? The fools.

Preid you obviously don't seem to have any knowledge about what our faith tells us and blindly follow a group of viruses that want to kickstart the slander once more from the centuries of all the polemical texts. Please keep in grounds with both faiths before you begin the age-old polemical talk.
    Amen to Sultan...morons who have absolutely no knowledge about our faith and our book and they come here rambling senselessly from over-zealous websites that only end up making an a** out of yourself.

P.S. Please visit Islamicawareness.com which has excellent sources that demolish the minutest polemical argument this ridiculous website has. The missionary website keeps referring to this Islamic website as "replying back" to its article when this website has once more replied and gave conclusive, articulate, self-evident agruments totally defeating these numbheads. At times its also evident the missionaries have been defeated while trying to produce another article which brings the argument to point one again, hence the Islamic website not bothering to answer back.
    Oh and do yourself a favour reader (if you haven't already) by buying a copy of the Quran itself and reading its contents so that you don't make a fool out of yourself.

It's Sayfullah now Blush
    Ameer
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 280
    Username Change Points : 6128
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by Ameer Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Ooooohhh yeah, dang it I'm so embedded with your old title confused
    ...or should I call you Umar instead Razz

But it begs the question; why do they spread such nonsense and exploit the minds of so many? What kind of injustice is this? This is such a dreadful misrepresentation inflicted upon the Holy Quran and the Messenger. Killing gods children?! What manner of people are these? What are we to say about these grave slanders? "There is no compulsion in religion" (Holy Quran 2:256). There are hundreds of more verses I can bring up about the peculiar connection a muslim has with a Jew and a Christian (the fact that they're of those classified as grounded with knowledge from divine sources). How dare we call him holy? How dare you come rambling fictional nonsense that never occurrred and has no connection whatsoever to the facts. A man who used to rely on God even at the most depserate moments when he was isolated from everyone else and performed the night prayers and wept from his fear of God and forgave even his worst enemies at the pinnacle of power is not holy? Nay, he is a glorified statesman, saint, king, legislator, master, reformer; all embodied in one personality.
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:16 pm

How come you're all eloquent today :p
    Dark Flame99966
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 6018
    Username Change Points : 8587
    Registration date : 2007-10-15

Post by Dark Flame99966 Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:03 pm

so your saying god can force people against there free will? now why would god who gave us free will ever do that? Mohammad was not even a person of the book so how can he say he is gods chosen one? what amazing feats has you Mohamed done for the people? he started a war to kill many of gods children and he dares to call himself holy? yes the crusades were out fault but the popes and church officials who supported them may very well be burning in hell. the crusades did lead to western Europe becoming more advance and stopped even more senseless wars.

xD
    Just so you know, Answering Islam is a bunch of bull. I already got used to it and its comments are illogical and against Islam 100%. Hell, without Muhammad you would even be using a computer. Guess why? He saved just about every Arab in the world. He saved them from their old tribal ways where we could raid tribes, marry as many as we wanted (we could marry more than 100 women if we wanted), no rights were given to women, slaves, or kids. And we could kill each other cause of blood vendattas. Without Muhammad there would be no Islamic Empire, and without it, many more people would have died and the smart as hell Muslims who created everything that allows anything you do now, only live because Muhammad had the sense to conquer that damned peninsula which was on the verge on destroying itself.

And did you stop to think, that the Muslims were being prosecuted, and that's why they started fighting in the first place? No. I thought so
    Coolmeia
    Coolmeia
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 2583
    Username Change Points : 9487
    Registration date : 2009-03-26
    Mood : Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Lonely

Christianity Debate! - Page 8 Empty Christian

Post by Coolmeia Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm a Christian and I say that being a Christian for me is more of a life of dedication rather than just a religion. And in most religions I see them doing rituals, but in this one you don't really have to.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:43 pm

What is Baptism and drinking from the "holy water" on Sundays...etc etc Razz ? Aren't they rituals?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:40 pm