New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

It's back!-M2TW

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60939
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : It's back!-M2TW Tired

It's back!-M2TW Empty It's back!-M2TW

Post by Ahmed Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:19 pm

I re-started playing Medieval 2 Total War Games.

I choose Egypt (surprise)

I choose Easy mode
    I choose the "short" game

To win: Eliminate the Moors and the Turks. Also I must capture 15 regions.

I started with Cairo, Alexandria and Gaza. I quicly conqered lands in the middle-east such as Jerusalem (Palestine), Antioch(?), Damascus(Syria), Jeddah (Saudia Arabia), Baghdad (Iraq) etc etc.

I also sent a diplomat to become declare an allaiance with the Turks.

The Pope called a crusade to capture Jeruslaem from me...no one joined the crusdae from the Catholic Factions and it failed.

I called a Jihad to capture Constantinople from the Byzantines, but no one joined including myself.

I also went west in North Africa, where the Moors are, after walking for years I coqnuered Tripoli (Libya) which the Sicilians had conquered. I also moved North-West and captured Tunisia from the Sicilians.

The Pope who has an alliance with Siciliy soon got mad at me and called a crusade to capture Tunisia. Not only that, but he aslo sent his own Papal Army to cqonuer it...I let him have it with no resistance.

Soon ater that, I wnt bankrupt...very bankrupt from all the money that I need to pay the mercenaries each turn. Due to my bankruptcy many regions of mine started revolting agaisnt me. In Tripoli the people reblled and kicked out my control over them.

So I thought, better start on what I came to do, I started attacking the Turks and I captured most of their regions fairly quickly.

Then the Mongols came.

I thanked God when I found out that tey has came via Russia, instead of coming via from I. Very Happy

So this made my game failry easy as the Mongold will be bothering the Russians, Hungrians, Denmarks and Polish isnated of me.

I contiued hacking my way into Turkey, and now they only have 2 locations left. The Byzantines of course love me for killing Turkey so they quickly offred an alliance with me which I accepted. I thought I would use them as a buffer zone between me and Europe.

More regions in the Mid East started rebelling so I sent armies to re-capture them.

Soon the Turks allaiced with the Russians, which were now ontop of me...

But soon they got eliminated lol ...I guess the Mongols finished them off...

Poland also got eliminated.

I am building Masjids currently to make the people happy so they stop rebelling...and I lowered my taxes on the people to "low".
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 11863
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : It's back!-M2TW Stressed

It's back!-M2TW Empty Re: It's back!-M2TW

Post by preid1220 Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:21 pm

i should look into getting that game, or the newest one. Rome total war is getting old
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10419
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : It's back!-M2TW Busy

Post by Hassan Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:37 am

hope the Mongols do not come your way...good luck
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:13 pm

preid1220 wrote:i should look into getting that game, or the newest one. Rome total war is getting old

I do not recommend the new one, Empires: Total War,...but that just my opinion.

I think Medieval 2 and it's expansion are the best ftw!
    ===========================================
    BTW Hassan unfortunately the Mongols have started coming and they invaded a former Turkish city that I conquered...I captured it again and executed all the Mongols in the city. They sent a bigger army later on and re-captured it...time for me to whip some Mongol noobs.
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by preid1220 Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Ahmed watch out they may toss dead bodies at you
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:51 pm

Hahaha Pried.
    ---------------------
    Today:

The Mongols after captureing one of my Egyptian cities, now want to take over my empire...they conquered 2 more Egyptian Cities (Former Turkish Cities). I got mad and sent a large army that has a large dread level with many troops. The Mongols were going South in my Empire to conquer Basra and Baghdad. My army wipphed the Mongols 3-4 times, and they retreated North. I sent my army North and captured ne of the 3 places of mines that they captured. Yay ...ever since then and they stopped bothering me...some people must lrean the hard way lol.

Anyhow, I attacked one of the 2 last Turksih cities and it turned out that in that city the Turkish Faction leader and Turkish faction heir were inside it. After I coqnuered it, obviuosly the whole enemy army dies. Therefore I coqnuered the city and the Turksih Empire fell due to not having a faction leader or heir.

At the same time the Sicilian Faction got destroyed by, I don't know how...

I sent an amry to capture the last "Turkish" city that is now run by Turkish Rebels...I crushed them easily. It turned out that Hungary conquered Constantinople from the Byzantines. (I know since the last Turkish city I coqnuered is next to constantinople).

The Pope called a crusade to capture Jerusalem (from me).

I quickly built defences there and gathered many armies to help fight off the crusaders.

Quickly almost all Catholic Factions joined the crusade.

The first crusading army I dealt with was neighboring Hungary.

They sieged Jerusalem so I attacked them and lost. Next turn I fought again but this time I won and the Hungarian crusading army got disollved.

Next I saw a Denmark crusading army come...it never reached eruslem though lol...

Finally the Holy Roman Empire joined...when it sieged Jeruslame aI fought and won the war...

So I guess by now their cursade failed. Yay

Baghdad rebelled agaisnt me and now I will send an amry to take it back.

The Timurids, a faction that conquered Persia and India came from the East...but I think they came from Russia's side...I didn't see them. They are currently in war with the Mongols Yay

Portugual got destroyed. (By Spain I think)
    France got destroyed (By England)

I am currently trying to capture Constantinople from the Hungarians...it woudl be my first European land to conquer Yay

I need to focus on defeating he Moors though to win....
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by preid1220 Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:16 pm

France got destroyed (By England)

guess we know who won that 100 year war
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:02 pm

LOL the funniest thing happened today. Denmark, the tiny faction that starts with one piece of territory won the game. Razz

It actually managed to destroy the Holy Roman Empire.

Anyhow 2 more crusade armies came today (Papal and Spain). I defeated the. Hence the crusade failed.

I got a settlement back from the Mongols....

They seiged my Alexandrian port.

Venice is actually trying to capture some of my land. \

It failed to capture the 1st. The second one (Antioch)it seiged it then left without conquering it.

I am dirt poor again Sad ...*sigh* ...I am actually in 6,000 florins of depth each turn.

About 4 of my cities are having civil revolts. Antioch managed to break away but I re-captured it.

I think Ill now play M2TW: Kingdoms: Crusades

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:32 pm