Learn about Islam! - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Fangy
The Banker
den denz
Nick Peter
gamaliscool
Ameer
preid1220
Doc
Dark Flame99966
Steve
Hassan
Ahmed
16 posters

Learn about Islam!

Dark Flame99966
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 6018
    Username Change Points : 8588
    Registration date : 2007-10-15

Learn about Islam! - Page 5 Empty Re: Learn about Islam!

Post by Dark Flame99966 Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:29 am

It's ok, it always seems fake until you actually read the Qu'ran
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61090
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Learn about Islam! - Page 5 Tired

Post by Ahmed Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:12 am

WHats the fake part about Islam though? It doesn't have magic in it Razz
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10570
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : Learn about Islam! - Page 5 Busy

Post by Hassan Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:13 pm

Thank you Ahmed. And iCheese, I deeply disagree with your statement, with all due respect. State your argument(s) with proof, please.
    Ameer
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 280
    Username Change Points : 6129
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by Ameer Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Haha good one flame Razz , so far i've read over half the Quran and it practically has literally everything in it. Law, Medicine, Geology, Contracts, the Prophets' stories, God's nature, answers to all types of arguments, parables, wisdom, faith, doubts, morals, everything.

Oh, and, guys, what do you think about this prophecy in the Quran relating to the coexistance of extra-terrestrials and humanity in the future:

"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and what he hath spread out in both of them of the animate beings (beasts) and for their gathering together when He willeth, He is All-Powerful." ~Sura 42 Ash-Shu'ra verse 29

It's giving signs of a harmonious gathering not totally being possible to pertain to Judgement day, or is it? Discuss.
    Nick Peter
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 375
    Username Change Points : 6289
    Registration date : 2007-10-17

Post by Nick Peter Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:09 am

Dark Flame99966 wrote:It's ok, it always seems fake until you actually read the Qu'ran

I've read the bible and it still seemed fake.

Ahmed wrote:WHats the fake part about Islam though? It doesn't have magic in it Razz

Well, to me there is a big thing you forgot. God. That seems like a lot of magic to me.

Hassan I wrote:Thank you Ahmed. And iCheese, I deeply disagree with
    your statement, with all due respect. State your argument(s) with
    proof, please.

Well firstly, where is the full proof of a god? None. It's all from 'prophets', and how do we know they aren't big liars? God can't explain why hydrogen is flammable, or what formed the world. If I get solid evidence of God, then I'll become religious and will whip myself 50 times.

And another question, why would god contact you in Year 400 or whatever, when the world has existed for so long before? I believe science has said the earth is about 4 billion years old, and your religion is about 2000 I think.

God was only created by man (in my opinion) to give people something to believe in. Humans need something to depend on, to 'blame' for things. Like when man used to think that the earth was the head of a giant man called Atlas. They needed something to explain the earth, to explain our existence. Then some guy comes up with a god, and it spreads. It's the new explanation.
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 870
    Username Change Points : 6055
    Registration date : 2008-06-22
    Mood : Learn about Islam! - Page 5 Cool

Post by den denz Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:44 am

Well I couldn't be bothered to read all the replys so sorry if this overlaps but, yeah I have complete respect for other relgions and I think it's great you posted this its helped heaps!!!

LOL, but... (yes theres always a but with me)

What happens to the Christians in the context of:

We believe that to get into heaven you need to believe in Jesus and know him as your saviour and not announce any other God's befoe him, and those that don't are going to hell...

So what happens when the two clash, I mean I get along with you guys great no matter what your religion but i don't want to see you go to hell but at the same time I don't want to sit back and be respectful if the ultimate ending (in our belief no offense intended) of you guys that we have great friendships with is hell?

I mean no offense but think of it in that way in the concept of "What happens when they clash?" Cause I certainly wouldn't just ignore the reality (of our belief), in such a way and I'm sure you feeel the same but in the other role.
    Dark Flame99966
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 6018
    Username Change Points : 8588
    Registration date : 2007-10-15

Post by Dark Flame99966 Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:19 am

They don't clash. For us, we believe that people changed the Bible and that most of the stuff in the Bible is fake.
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:31 am

Yeah, but then how can I following what I believe be respectful to you and what you believe if what I believe says that unless stuff changes you ain't going to heaven...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:02 am

Well Denz to be honest, its a two way situation. We also believe that people that don't belive in the 1 true God or add partners (families) with him are also going to hell. Neverless, we get along with you and everyone here Very Happy

Even the Quran (The Islamic holy book) it never denied that the world was diverse and their would be different religions and believes:

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). (49:13)

So you see, Islam never told us, Muslims, to be closed minded people and pretend that their are no other people in the world, rather, it told us to discover the world around us (meeting new people).

Denz, just because we don't believe in what you believe that doesn't mean you need to disrespect us. Lets see, obviously Catholicism and the Coptics (in Egypt), they are both Christian sects but I remember that their pope said on television that we (Muslims and Coptic Christains) are one community adn that their should not be enemity towards the opposite religion, a Muslim Sheick (an Islamic leader) said the same thing.

We Muslims also believe in Jesus (peace be upon him) and we respect and love him. But in no way what so ever will we take him as God or God's son. To Muslims he is just a prophet, telling God's message to the people Wink

Therefore, Islam has no "clash"....
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10570
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : Learn about Islam! - Page 5 Busy

Post by Hassan Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:35 pm

iCheese wrote:

Well firstly, where is the full proof of a god? None. It's all from 'prophets', and how do we know they aren't big liars? God can't explain why hydrogen is flammable, or what formed the world. If I get solid evidence of God, then I'll become religious and will whip myself 50 times.

And another question, why would god contact you in Year 400 or whatever, when the world has existed for so long before? I believe science has said the earth is about 4 billion years old, and your religion is about 2000 I think.

God was only created by man (in my opinion) to give people something to believe in. Humans need something to depend on, to 'blame' for things. Like when man used to think that the earth was the head of a giant man called Atlas. They needed something to explain the earth, to explain our existence. Then some guy comes up with a god, and it spreads. It's the new explanation.

Attempt to answer:

If you read the Holy Quran, you will find out that there are many things maintained their which are all proven by scientists. Now if the Quran is the writtings of Muhammad (S.A.W) (Nauz-o-billah) then how does an illetrate Arab man of the sixth-seventh century talk about embryology and geology with such precise details? Do you see a link to Divine power? (Chect this site for evidence: http://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-a.htm)

Islam teaches that Allah Almighty created the whole universe (which is why He, the Creator, knows about every detail regarding the universe). Now, Islam's teachings do not start with Muhammad (S.A.W) but from Adam, since he was the first man created. Additionally, Muslims believe that Allah Almighty sent prophets from Adam to Muhammad (S.A.W), so He did not 'contacted' man, his creation, in 400 A.D.

Lastly, just ponder upon this: If man is the creator of god, then how does Allah Almighty explained the works of the universe before man explored and found out about them?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:52 pm

iCheese wrote:
    Dark Flame99966 wrote:It's ok, it always seems fake until you actually read the Qu'ran

I've read the bible and it still seemed fake.

Ahmed wrote:WHats the fake part about Islam though? It doesn't have magic in it Razz

Well, to me there is a big thing you forgot. God. That seems like a lot of magic to me.

Hassan I wrote:Thank you Ahmed. And iCheese, I deeply disagree with
    your statement, with all due respect. State your argument(s) with
    proof, please.

First of all the Quran isn't the Bible and Flame said "once you read the Quran..." ...he said Quran; not Bible Wink

Secondly, the answer to knowing that the Quran isn't "made up" is this:

If you read the Quran, you will find out that their are many things in it, that you would say to yourself "It's impossible for a man 1400 years ago, living in the desert with new technology ro anything, to figure these things out". So how could this man knwo these things other than by a divine power or source.

That is why many non-Muslims Scientists later on became Muslim Wink

That's how you know iCheese Smile
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:45 pm

Woah... Geze I didn't mean I was going to disrepect you guys no way!

I was saying that for us the Bible says to spread the good news to convert people and have there lives saved!!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Denz converting is only a good thing when you are converting the people to the right thing.

Denz what makes you so sure that Christianity is the right religion?
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Hey saven that for my debate, but my question to you is, lets just say that Christianity was right, or at least that I believe it whith my whole heart, now knowing that should I sit back and not try to tell you abou the "true" God or should I (acccording to my beliefs) sit back and watch you go to hell?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:52 pm

If you believe that Christianity is right, then obviously you should tell people. But I advise you to know more about the religion so you know how to answer people when they ask you questions Wink
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:54 pm

My religion??

Ask away pork chop!!!

Lol in the debate room though!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm

iCheese, Prophets have been given through out time..since Adam the first person. Islam isn't a new religion, it has just been the same religion though by Abraham,Moses, Jesus, Aron, John the Baptist etc. etc. they all conveyed the same message. To worship one God. These Prophets have been given as a guidance for people ever since man began.
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:10 pm

Hmm, yeah and we believe that we are following that one God!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:14 pm

den denz wrote:Hmm, yeah and we believe that we are following that one God!

Err...Christians (as Muslims believe) made Jesus(AS) God...or they made him the son of God. That's not worshiping the one God anymore Denz. Mellow
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:22 pm

Hmm, that where the trinity comes in, that there are the parts, father son and spirit but the function as the one true God!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:23 pm

Yes I know, but the trinity is the most confusing part. I had asked many Christians about it, and they say that it is to complicated for the human mind to understand Rolling Eyes . But then what would be the point of believing in something that you don't understand?
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Faith. Fantasmargorical question!

It is by faith that we live and believe.

It is by faith that people are healed in jesus' name.

A kids so I love goes:

Maybe it a little bit crazy that I beleiev in what I cannot see.

Maybe it's a little crazy that my best friend is my saviour.

Maybe its a little crazy that a king would give his life for me.

But I'm gonna shout it (hey)
    I'm gonna shout it (hey)
    I don't care what people say.

But I'm gonna shout it (hey)
    I'm gonna shout it,
    I, I believe in Jesus!!

And then we jump around with the kids and go crazy!!!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Well in Islam we have faith but at the same time everything makes sense and we understand everything.

Faith: We believe in Allah and his angels and the jinns whom are invisible
    Facts: Everything makes sense
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Ok so you understand everything, well in that case your on the same level of undersatnding as God??

No we don't claim to know everything because we don't, because we are not God!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Of course not!!! I said that we Muslism know everything about the religion and not about life or anything else! Allah (God) knows everything Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:33 pm