Is this bad mentally? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this bad mentally?

+2
Fangy
Ahmed
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this bad mentally? Empty Is this bad mentally? Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Well lately I have been looking back at the past. And as much as I am excited for what the future brings, I'm also somewhat longing for the past.

I looked up nostalgic, but that's not exactly what I have. Nostalgic is when you are scared of the future, so you long for the past.

I on the other hand, like both.

Last edited by Le Caire on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

Actually that's pretty awesome.

3Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

I got through this at least twice a year. It's not healthy for a 'happy body'. You may want to press forward and erase your mind, but keep towards your goals.

4Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Fang wrote:Actually that's pretty awesome.

You never fail to make me smile lol.

Craig wrote:I got through this at least twice a year. It's not healthy for a 'happy body'. You may want to press forward and erase your mind, but keep towards your goals.

Why would I erase my memory? There's not much bad memories in it.

5Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:30 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

Exactly, I'm not saying to just keep in your angsty memories. But the past is the past, if you stay in it you will lose yourself and have a loose reality.

6Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

But I'm also in my future. I plan my future all the time actually.

It's sort of like this...

There is an open door. One foot is in the future, while the other is in the past.

7Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

The past is something to look back at and be proud. It'll try to pull you into that door, but if you go back, then you'll be nonethediffrent, you'll be all the same, but for a different reason. But I'm not saying to leave all past behind, because then we'll be left behind, but do what you have to do.
I'm speaking for myself when I say this but, it's a very regretful thing when you goto your past, it's like drugs, it feels good in the moment, but it brings you back to the horrid world, which looks even scarier/harder after it's infection.

8Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 pm

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

Everyone gets it.

9Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

I dont think you have my point craig.

@flame: whats it called?

10Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 am

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

Well either way, now you guys know what I feel whenever I write songs with commitment.
The passion to overcome what pains I feel of the good past...
The pain of growing.

11Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:09 am

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

Nostalgia isn't scared of the future.

12Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:10 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Then what is it. I certainly didn't get what I described when I looked it up.

13Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:15 am

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

It's just longing for the past

14Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

So it's not nostalgia?

And is longing for the past "normal"?

15Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 am

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

It is nostalgia. Nostalgia doesn't have anything to do with the future, just longing for the past.

And yes, it is normal.

16Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:19 am

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

Nostalgia is epic because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside :3
Everyone gets it.

17Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:20 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

I could see you as a psychiatrist now, flame...but they say that from listening to everyone's problems the psychiatrist himself becomes crazy lol.

@Fang: Warm and fuzzy? Really? Im missing that O.O , but its good to know that its normal...

18Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:24 am

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

Oh well. It's normal regardless.

19Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:10 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

saw the threads where sam killed someone and where i was the king, good times

20Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:14 am

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

It's cool Ahmed, I'm already crazy.

21Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

@Steve: you just reminded me of that topic, that Sam claimed to kill someone in lol. I miss that guy. Good times indeed.

@flame: nice! So you're prepared lol! Razz

22Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:44 am

ViKtory

ViKtory
NH Member
NH Member

Oh, how I wish for the past. I've only lived for 13 years, but I think I've gone through everything so much everyday and I know too much I shouldn't know and that makes me suicide yet I don't have the courage to do it because I'm scared of what will happen if I die.

Nostalgia much?

But it still is true

23Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

No...that's suicidal/emo much.

24Is this bad mentally? Empty Re: Is this bad mentally? Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:55 pm

ViKtory

ViKtory
NH Member
NH Member

Oh well.. (*.))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum