Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

2 posters

Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd

Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10569
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd Busy

Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd Empty Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd

Post by Hassan Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:25 pm

I was just wondering what you guys think about Barack O Bama's recent trip around the world. I personally think that it was little bit overconfidence.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd Tired

Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd Empty Re: Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd

Post by Ahmed Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:41 pm

*Snif Snif*

I smell arrogance...
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd Empty Re: Obama's trip across the world: Strategic or shrewd

Post by Hassan Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Arrogance...hmm...is that all?

What else could be behind this trip? He went to the Middle East (any oil deals there?) and to Europe. I think he wants to establish relations with all those countries before hand so if he is elected president, it would be easier for him to work withsuch people.

And does this bring the Palestinian issue closer to solution?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:08 pm

Funny you should mention it.

First of all with all due respect to Jordan the neighboring Arab country to Egypt.

Egypt is known by history that it is the heart of the Arab world and I am not saying this becasue I am Egyptian, history says so. Ever since Gamal Abd Al Naser.

So why Jordan, Jordan has just always been a acountry that's just there.

If he had went to Saudia Arabia then it would have been obvious thats its for oil. But he visted Jordan a country that doesnt have oil.

I couldnt care less, but I am just saying.

As for the Palestinain case:

He visted Israel for 24 hours before he left. He stayed in Ramallah in the Palestinain terittory for 45 minutes...I think you could see the case being solved closer than ever. Rolling Eyes
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:40 pm

Great time comparison...it might be a prediction of how much preference of how much time he will give to each nation, apparently a ratio of 24:.75!

By the way, not that I have anything against it, can you explain your statement:
    Egypt is known by history that it is the heart of the Arab world
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Hassan I wrote:Great time comparison...it might be a prediction of how much preference of how much time he will give to each nation, apparently a ratio of 24:.75!

By the way, not that I have anything against it, can you explain your statement:
    Egypt is known by history that it is the heart of the Arab world

It'll take forever.

To make things easy and simple:

Egypt was the first country in the region to gain its independence from the invading British as early as 1954. When Gamal Abd Al Naser became president of Egypt he nationalized the Suez Canal, the canal that allowed trades between Asia and Europe because instead of travelling around all of Africa they just went through the canal. This nationaliziation "provoked" France and England and "Israel" into fighting Egypt. Egypt encouraged and helped the other Arab nations get their independence. Anyhow Egypt fought and led 4 wars with Israel {1948, 1954 (I think, its either that or 1953), 1967, 1973}...during these wars Egypt led Jordan and Syria with the help of other countries like Iraq, Saudia Arabia and Lebanon. Egypt sacrificed the most in land and blood in these wars. It was Egypt that helped the people in Yemen in their civil war. Egypt also encouraged Arabism and an example of this was its political unitation with Syria which lasted for 5 years and ended from the Syrian side later on. Egypt was also always a main factor in the Palestinian case, besides the wars which were fought for Palestine, Egypt allows the sick Palestinans from Gaza to be cured in Egyptian hospitals. Besides this the "Arab League" which is basically an organization like the European Union, it is located in Cairo, Egypt.

^^^^That is the simplest way I could explain it to you.

This is what I mean, Hassan.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:38 pm

I see...well, nicely explained. Just one question: You mean that the headquarters of Arab league is in Cairo, right?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Yes, that is what I meant. Smile
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Ok, coming back to the race for 08. What do you think of the recent ad by the Mccain camp which portrays Obama as a celibrity like Paris Hilton, and her response to it?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:58 pm

I dont know who Paris Hilton is...I don't want to here anyones comments aware

But I do remember all the times my Global teacher called her an idiot.

I agree that someone who, said "I love the places that I visited such as South Africa, Zimbabwe,Ughanda and West Africa"-West Africa being a country Rofl

What do you think of the picture that portrays Obama as an Al Qaeida supporter and so does his wife...and they are hanging a piucture of Osama Bin Laden on the wall? (It was in last weeks "Muslim" newpapaer.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:42 pm

Propaganda. sheer propaganda. And I would say a bit pathetic to use such things to advertise your cause.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:20 am