The poem ever and it 4 line long! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

The poem ever and it 4 line long!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The poem ever and it 4 line long! Empty The poem ever and it 4 line long! Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:18 pm

den denz

den denz
NH Member
NH Member

LOL I was reading this the other day and loved it so I thought I'd post it and see your thoughts on it!

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone,
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.

Simple and to the point but if you've read John Marsdens "tommorow when the war began" you'll get it and love it, other wise it's still great!

http://www.myspace.com/dendenz

2The poem ever and it 4 line long! Empty Re: The poem ever and it 4 line long! Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Good Smile

Ok Razz....the truth is that I don't undersatnd it...

P.S.: I never liked poems :S:

3The poem ever and it 4 line long! Empty Re: The poem ever and it 4 line long! Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:09 pm

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Interesting consept

4The poem ever and it 4 line long! Empty Re: The poem ever and it 4 line long! Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:08 pm

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

Lovely really....very good.

I do agree that to be kind and courageous are two of the most important all-time-virtues. However, I have not read the book yet.

And I think that the title of this topic is "The best poem ever and it is only lines long", right?

P.S. Another good poem (slightly on a different topic) is "if" by Kipling. You might enjoy it. (it is not only lines long, though). If you want to read it, click here:
http://www.swarthmore.edu/~apreset1/docs/if.html

5The poem ever and it 4 line long! Empty Re: The poem ever and it 4 line long! Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:32 pm

den denz

den denz
NH Member
NH Member

Kool ill check it out, and yes im guessing i forgot to write the word best in the title.

http://www.myspace.com/dendenz

6The poem ever and it 4 line long! Empty Re: The poem ever and it 4 line long! Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:38 pm

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

OK, post what you (or anyone else) think about the poem, OK?

7The poem ever and it 4 line long! Empty Re: The poem ever and it 4 line long! Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Can someone explain it to me?

8The poem ever and it 4 line long! Empty Re: The poem ever and it 4 line long! Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:53 pm

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

What, 'if' or the four line poem?

Basically, the four line poem is saying that two virtues, kindness and courage, will always help you no matter what is going on.

The other one, 'if' says that if all those things mentioned in the poem are true for you (keeping your head, listening to others' doubts, not lying etc) you will be very successful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum