New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Game of the year 2012

jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 11067
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood : Game of the year 2012 Paranoid

Game of the year 2012 Empty Game of the year 2012

Post by jj16802 Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:26 pm

In your opinion, what was the best game that was released in 2012?

For me, it either Medal of Honor: Warfighter or Far Cry 3.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14067
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : Game of the year 2012 Cheerful

Game of the year 2012 Empty Re: Game of the year 2012

Post by Fangy Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Halo 4. If you disagree I hate you.
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15158
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : Game of the year 2012 Relaxed

Post by Doc Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 pm

far cry 3

jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Giga Puddi wrote:Halo 4. If you disagree I hate you.
    I only game on PC and PS3. Soooooooooooooo.......
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60929
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Game of the year 2012 Tired

Post by Ahmed Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Runescape
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Hotshot wrote:Runescape
    I said released in 2012. Hilarious
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11110
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : Game of the year 2012 Cool

Post by Ace Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:14 pm

So many people hated Warfighter when it came out. I was disappoint.

Mine's definitely Warfighter though. It was the first game I played wherein I could consistently go on massive killstreaks and annihilate all who opposed my wrath. But I don't really play it anymore because all my friends returned it and I hate being buddied up with a random person.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Ace wrote:So many people hated Warfighter when it came out. I was disappoint.

Mine's definitely Warfighter though. It was the first game I played wherein I could consistently go on massive killstreaks and annihilate all who opposed my wrath. But I don't really play it anymore because all my friends returned it and I hate being buddied up with a random person.
    Worst part was the reviews were inconsistent. The launch trailer for the game included positive quotes from multiple gaming news agencies, like from IGN: "MOHW blew me away". Then after the game came out, it all went negative. Also they claimed the game didn't "innovate". That perfectly describes the Call of Duty series after Modern Warfare 2 and yet those games still get positive scores like 9/10.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:26 pm

jj16802 wrote:

Worst part was the reviews were inconsistent. The launch trailer for the game included positive quotes from multiple gaming news agencies, like from IGN: "MOHW blew me away". Then after the game came out, it all went negative. Also they claimed the game didn't "innovate". That perfectly describes the Call of Duty series after Modern Warfare 2 and yet those games still get positive scores like 9/10.

CoD is rated higher because it's CoD. Most of Picasso's work looks like garbage and is only famous because it's by Picasso. All in all it's EA's fault because they forced DC to release Warfighter six months early. That's why there were so many glitches.

Although money under the table is also a possibility as to why CoD's views are always extremely positive.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

CoD is rated higher because it's CoD. Most of Picasso's work looks like garbage and is only famous because it's by Picasso. All in all it's EA's fault because they forced DC to release Warfighter six months early. That's why there were so many glitches.

Although money under the table is also a possibility as to why CoD's views are always extremely positive.
    As I recall, DC was able to fix most of the bugs by Day 2, which impressed me. Still, the occasional sound lag or the weapons reload animation not happening bugs me, but its not entirely game breaking. DICE has already fixed this in BF3 for consoles, hopefully DC will do it soon.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:37 pm

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

As I recall, DC was able to fix most of the bugs by Day 2, which impressed me. Still, the occasional sound lag or the weapons reload animation not happening bugs me, but its not entirely game breaking. DICE has already fixed this in BF3 for consoles, hopefully DC will do it soon.

I always got annoyed on this one desert map because there were so many invisible walls that you couldn't shoot through. The rocks were visually triangular in shape but their hit boxes were cubes, so you could clearly see over them but not shoot over them. It's kinda hard to explain.

They had a couple glitched servers too. Normally Home Run servers go for ten rounds, but there were a couple servers that went to 5000 rounds. -_-
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

I always got annoyed on this one desert map because there were so many invisible walls that you couldn't shoot through. The rocks were visually triangular in shape but their hit boxes were cubes, so you could clearly see over them but not shoot over them. It's kinda hard to explain.

They had a couple glitched servers too. Normally Home Run servers go for ten rounds, but there were a couple servers that went to 5000 rounds. -_-
    I also remember a Home Run server going for an infinite amount of rounds as well.

Also do you remember the map Tungawan Jungle? I recall some hit box issues as well, particularly with the fences. I tried shooting over them but the bullets couldn't go through.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 pm

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

I also remember a Home Run server going for an infinite amount of rounds as well.

Also do you remember the map Tungawan Jungle? I recall some hit box issues as well, particularly with the fences. I tried shooting over them but the bullets couldn't go through.

Yeah, the problem was on Tungawan too. But out of all the maps, I hated Novi Grad Warzone the most. That place was a hellhole, especially if you started below the hill.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

Yeah, the problem was on Tungawan too. But out of all the maps, I hated Novi Grad Warzone the most. That place was a hellhole, especially if you started below the hill.
    Yeah, the snipers would already have a vantage point, especially in the bathroom where there is an open window.

The only map that I really liked was Saravejo Stadium. The pathways were easy to remember and in Sector Control, both teams didn't get a forward spawn point so no one had an advantage.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

Yeah, the snipers would already have a vantage point, especially in the bathroom where there is an open window.

The only map that I really liked was Saravejo Stadium. The pathways were easy to remember and in Sector Control, both teams didn't get a forward spawn point so no one had an advantage.

Al Fara was probably my favorite, but it really sucked for one team on Sector Control. Basilan Aftermath was good too. The only maps I really disliked were Novi Grad and maybe Hara Dunes. Novi was unfair while Hara was half-finished.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

Al Fara was probably my favorite, but it really sucked for one team on Sector Control. Basilan Aftermath was good too. The only maps I really disliked were Novi Grad and maybe Hara Dunes. Novi was unfair while Hara was half-finished.
    Basilan was one of my favorites as well, though I noticed that the team coming from the ocean side had a odd advantage of getting to Center base quicker. Al Fara was good as well, and is Hara the one with the indoor market? I kept getting ambushed in that map a lot.

Also what's your opinion on the Zero Dark Thirty maps?
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:25 pm

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

Basilan was one of my favorites as well, though I noticed that the team coming from the ocean side had a odd advantage of getting to Center base quicker. Al Fara was good as well, and is Hara the one with the indoor market? I kept getting ambushed in that map a lot.

Haven't played them yet. Most of my friends returned the game before they were released, and I hated getting buddied up with random people that didn't have mics and were almost always beyond terrible, so I went back to BF3. I think I'll play them later tonight though. All this talk about the game has made me want to play it again.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 am

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

Haven't played them yet. Most of my friends returned the game before they were released, and I hated getting buddied up with random people that didn't have mics and were almost always beyond terrible, so I went back to BF3. I think I'll play them later tonight though. All this talk about the game has made me want to play it again.
    I'm used to being with random people. I only have one friend on PSN who still has the game, but he rarely goes on because he doesn't want his parents to know he bought his own PS3.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:55 am

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

I'm used to being with random people. I only have one friend on PSN who still has the game, but he rarely goes on because he doesn't want his parents to know he bought his own PS3.

Dat massive quote pyramid!

I just can't stand being with random people. Some do just the most idiotic things. It's because I play mostly Home Run, and if you do something dumb in that, then you're likely out for the rest of the game. If they have a mic I can help them improve, but they rarely do. Sigh
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60929
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Game of the year 2012 Tired

Post by Ahmed Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 am

I like where this pyramid is going.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 am

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

I just can't stand being with random people. Some do just the most idiotic things. It's because I play mostly Home Run, and if you do something dumb in that, then you're likely out for the rest of the game. If they have a mic I can help them improve, but they rarely do. Sigh
    I rarely play Home Run mode because I like to respawn... even though I also come from a Counter Strike background Razz. But in my first match of Home Run mode, I was actually the last survivor fighting against the last guy on the enemy team, and I won! After that, when I tried the mode again some days later, I just sucked...

Also let it be known that Ace and I created NH's first legit mass quote pyramid!
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 am

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

I rarely play Home Run mode because I like to respawn... even though I also come from a Counter Strike background Razz. But in my first match of Home Run mode, I was actually the last survivor fighting against the last guy on the enemy team, and I won! After that, when I tried the mode again some days later, I just sucked...

Also let it be known that Ace and I created NH's first legit mass quote pyramid!

I've always liked no-respawn game modes. When I was a CoD noob I always played Search and Destroy because tiny teams and the lack of respawns mixed things up. Sadly there's no option to turn respawning off in Squad Rush...

And FML I've downloaded the Zero Dark Thirty maps three times now but I still can't play them. DC, y u no do anything right?
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:25 am

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

I've always liked no-respawn game modes. When I was a CoD noob I always played Search and Destroy because tiny teams and the lack of respawns mixed things up. Sadly there's no option to turn respawning off in Squad Rush...

And FML I've downloaded the Zero Dark Thirty maps three times now but I still can't play them. DC, y u no do anything right?
    I didn't get any problems after I downloaded the DLC... try the server browser?
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:28 am

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

Won't work... Whenever I'm playing a normal game and it switches over to a DLC map, I'm kicked because nothing recognizes that I actually have the maps.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:29 am

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

Won't work... Whenever I'm playing a normal game and it switches over to a DLC map, I'm kicked because nothing recognizes that I actually have the maps.
    Did you check your game for updates?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:56 am