New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Ahmed
jj16802
Theory
7 posters

Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime....

Poll

War crime?

[ 4 ]
    Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Bar_left67%Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Bar_left33%Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 631
    Username Change Points : 6140
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Fine

Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Empty Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime....

Post by Theory Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:34 pm

In my opinion, if you're going to war with a country, you go to war. Civilians get killed either way, and besides, it's war, the objective is to harm the other country yes Suspect

Well, you harm them by eliminating the population along with the workforce. Now I am not saying that you should directly attack civilians, but if they are in the way, oh well.

Take for example the missles fired by the Jews unto the pallestinian civilians. People think it's so wrong, why? They're the enemy no? It makes perfect sense to me to not give a damn if civilians of the enemy get hurt.

It's the governments job to protect it's people, if the government cannot protect its citizens from war then the citizens deserve to die for picking that country.

America specifically is so concerned about civilians and I'm sure a good chunk of our military is simply helping Iraqi civilians. This is stupid, we're at war not a hospital. You see a guy with a gun pointed at you you don't sit there and debate with him, you shoot him first.

It's not inhuman, it's war, that's the price, that's the method.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 11065
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood : Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Paranoid

Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Empty Re: Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime....

Post by jj16802 Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:08 pm

I say it should not be a war crime since they will die anyway in bombing runs or artillery anyway. :agree:
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60927
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Tired

Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Empty Re: Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime....

Post by Ahmed Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:49 pm

I say it is a war crime, and that BTW is called genocide.

Even though fighting wars is a bad thing, as it just destruction, it still has a "Moral code" to it.

That moral code is known as the Geneva Convention.

http://www.icrc.org/Web/Eng/siteeng0.nsf/html/5ZMEEM

The people of any country, are ordinary people, they have the right to a good life.

Even the Muslims, whom ignorants of todays world, said "Islam was spread by the sword"... or whatever nonsense they say...they have rules of fighting:

-No killing Women,children, elders
    -No killing of plants or trees
    -No killing of animals
    -No destroying of houses, buildings

The only thing that you could fight is enemy soldiers.

That is called an honorable battle.

So I say no.
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 11851
    Mood : Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Stressed

Post by preid1220 Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:25 pm

yet in the rp you are ready to kill all people animals plants and buildings with nuclear weapons no? does that me that in games your faith is set aside? the cold fact is that today's wars are won by causing collateral damage.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:29 pm

You said it Pried:

does that me that in games your faith is set aside?

Yes. It's a game. I would never do such things IRL.

And its a sad cold fact, and you didn't really answer the debate question.
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Theory Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:36 am

I RP as a slave in a online game, not that I would like to be a slave in real life Mellow
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10407
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Busy

Post by Hassan Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:52 am

I disagree Theory,
    Firstly, wars are fought between armies, if the target is civilians, then it comes under genocide,
    Secondly, government forces must do all they can to protect their citizens, and not harm the other citizens,
    Thirdly, it is inhumane to fight for total destruction. Shame,
    Lastly or now, it is morally, socially, religiously, and legally wrong.
    Icehawk
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 76
    Username Change Points : 5576
    Registration date : 2009-02-01
    Mood : Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Sneaky

Post by Icehawk Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Your speaking of civilians as if they are not human, have no feeling. What if one civilian was your mother? or your entire family? and they were killed? how would you feel about what you just said... So imagine: your entire family gets killed, but if you stick to the statement you just sad, you dont care... hmm?
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Theory Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm not saying I wouldn't care about civilians being killed. I'm just saying, if you're going to war, you go to war. Civilians are a liability, not a concern.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 am

Theory wrote:I'm not saying I wouldn't care about civilians being killed. I'm just saying, if you're going to war, you go to war. Civilians are a liability, not a concern.

I disagree, you have to follow tough rules in war. The Geneva convention, for one, outlines that fighting should not occur in civilian areas...in short..civilians should not be killed in wars
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 11851
    Mood : Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Stressed

Post by preid1220 Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:46 am

all is fair in love and war
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:58 pm

nope..there are laws which must be followed
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 870
    Username Change Points : 5892
    Registration date : 2008-06-22
    Mood : Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Cool

Post by den denz Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:42 pm

I am truly revolted by this decussion.
    It is absolutly apauling that there are people in this world with opinions anything like that.
    I know in a lot of the debates I haven't given reasons, but that isn't from lack it's from utter discust.
    We have a death toll of 108 at the moment from the fires and the entre country is feeling it. Maybe its just the way I've been brought up, maybe it is just that in Australia we give a dam, but seriously I have never been so revolted by anything I have heard from anywhere.
    You talk of civillans as nothing more than animals, less even. I personally think you need to grow up and think about what you say before you say it.
    I just can't get over how vile you sound.

And pried seriously? All is fair in love and war? I know I hear it all the time, but there will never be a day where you can explan to me how the klling of my uncle, brother and cousin on a peace keeping mission is fair. They died for idiots with the same opinion.

(sorry about my spelling, but I seriously couldnt care, I'm to full of anger at this)
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Geneva Convention (All countries msut follow):

Attacks may be made solely against military objectives. People who do not or can no longer take part in the hostilities are entitled to respect for their lives and for their physical and mental integrity. Such people must in all circumstances be protected and treated with humanity, without any unfavorable distinction whatever.

It is forbidden to kill or wound an adversary who surrenders or who can no longer take part in the fighting.
    Neither the parties to the conflict nor members of their armed forces have an unlimited right to choose methods and means of warfare. It is forbidden to use weapons or methods of warfare that are likely to cause unnecessary losses or excessive suffering.

The wounded and sick must be collected and cared for by the party to the conflict which has them in its power. Medical personnel and medical establishments, transports and equipment must be spared.

The red cross or red crescent on a white background is the distinctive sign indicating that such persons and objects must be respected.

Captured combatants and civilians who find themselves under the authority of the adverse party are entitled to respect for their lives, their dignity, their personal rights and their political, religious and other convictions. They must be protected against all acts of violence or reprisal. They are entitled to exchange news with their families and receive aid. They must enjoy basic judicial guarantees.

The Barabraian Zionists deserve to get hanged in a public square for their crimes. And not onyl hanged, but tortured, because I don't think we should ount them as human anymore.
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:45 pm

And who the f are you to decide who "deserves to die"?
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:50 pm

that's in accordance with the Geneva convention, as in: they have violated the convention, as you can read yourself
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Theory Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Vile opinion? Well, in short, I have the right to my opnion.

I'm not entirely a pescamist, more of a mix between that and optomistism.

Truth hurts, war hurts, if you can't stop it, you must accept it.

Really forgot where I was getting at.... Laughing
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 pm

do you agree to the Geneva Convention?
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:01 am

Pathetic...
    (two words)
    Icehawk
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 76
    Username Change Points : 5576
    Registration date : 2009-02-01
    Mood : Civilian casualties should not be looked at as a crime.... Sneaky

Post by Icehawk Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:04 am

How Dare You! Your saying that the hundreds of thousands of people that have died are a... liability??!?!? How Dare You!!
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:21 am

calm down Icehawk..he has a right to have an opinion, if it is wrong, however, we shall try to make it right. OK
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Theory Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:05 am

Not entirely....I mean, civilians are part of the war, those that make supplies for the military are at least Mellow

And seriously, Ice Hawk, relax Smile
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:01 am

answer my question Theory, do you accept the Convention?
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:27 am

No icehawk I'm with you, I'd like to make a move to prohibit murderous opinions on this web forum.
    No murderous? What the hell do you call it?
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:48 am

Denz, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would rather that Theory says it here and we try to correct him than him being mistaken forever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:59 pm