Americans against the rest of the world - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

+4
preid1220
Grimmjow
Steve
den denz
8 posters

Americans against the rest of the world

Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 55
    Username Change Points : 6070
    Registration date : 2008-03-30

Americans against the rest of the world - Page 3 Empty Re: Americans against the rest of the world

Post by Phoenix Rider Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:33 pm

Responding to Hassan. Wat u fail to understand is that despite America's mistakes in history, they have shown also their ability to bring security and peace to the world.

Let me remind u that the U.S reversed policies within their constitution that otherwise might be regarded undemocratic. They reversed slavery after fighting their own people to protect the freedom of others. They gave women and people from other races equal rights. (Martin Luther King)

AS for their actions around the world. Need I remind u of their actions in the 2 world wars. Because they acted, Hitler and japan were incapable of global conquest.

Their actions in Korea, Vietnam and Cuba, only shows their commitment in preserving democracy against tyrannies like communism. In Gulf war 1, the U.S drove back Saddam from conquering Arabia.

In conclusion, despite their downfalls as a nation they also have their share of triumphs as a ally and friend to democracy.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10569
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : Americans against the rest of the world - Page 3 Busy

Americans against the rest of the world - Page 3 Empty Re: Americans against the rest of the world

Post by Hassan Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:39 pm

Well, dear Pheonix rider, the question you are asking me is wether U.S should play its role in international affairs. Let me explain my point of view. I am not against any nation's right and duty, should it be U.S, Russia, or my dear Pakistan, to voice their views and policies on the international stage. What I am against is those nations who force their decisons, or view points, on other nations. U.S has a right and duty, like any other nation, to explain to the world why what they think is right. However, they should refrain from interfaring with other nations' and their domestic issues without its consent.

You said that U.S changed their constitution to make it more 'democratic'. Seeing that it took more or less two centuries for U.S to allow such basic things as women suffrage, and equality among all races, U.S should really leave other nations their share of time and development, while peacefully urging and helping them to develop. Again, from Vietnam to Korea, from Cuba to today's Iraq and Afghanistan, U.S saw wars as the way out rather than sincere diplomacy. (the gunboat policy and the domino theory including others).

And while talking about democracy, it is quite ironic that both Cuba and half of Korea are still communist, even after U.S involvement and Vietnam also got divided in a Communist north, and U.S held 'democratic' South after the war.

Finally again, I am not saying that this country should become isolationist, but they should respect other nations, not only in Europe but also in Asia, Africa, and South America, as equally soverign nations.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Americans against the rest of the world - Page 3 Tired

Post by Ahmed Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Phoenix Rider wrote:Responding to Hassan. Wat u fail to understand is that despite America's mistakes in history, they have shown also their ability to bring security and peace to the world.

I disagree

Let me remind u that the U.S reversed policies within their constitution that otherwise might be regarded undemocratic. They reversed slavery after fighting their own people to protect the freedom of others. They gave women and people from other races equal rights. (Martin Luther King)

So what? They were the ones that started slavery in America, fixing the problem that they started doesnt mean anything.
    Also news flash: When Lincoln entered the civil war, its original purpose was NOT to free the slaves in the South. Its original purpose was to keep the confederate and union states together, because the confederate states were on the verge of breaking apart from the union. But when Lincoln entered the war, he saw that it was very beneficial to have the formr slaves fighting for the union because they already know the terrirtory in the South, so he just promised their freedom becasue of this.
    Women's right and equal races were already in other parts of the world, they just weren't in America...so I fail to see America's accomplishments for the world.

AS for their actions around the world. Need I remind u of their actions in the 2 world wars. Because they acted, Hitler and japan were incapable of global conquest.

Yes please do remind of us. In both WW they could not do anything without the help if their allies. Germany in both wars becamse weak after all the fighting from England and France etc., America just came at the end and so called "won the war".

Their actions in Korea, Vietnam and Cuba, only shows their commitment in preserving democracy against tyrannies like communism. In Gulf war 1, the U.S drove back Saddam from conquering Arabia.

What about Korea?
    In Vietnamn they failed.
    As for Cuba, lol, America wouldn't there mess with it. Wink

Why can't it mind its OWN bussiness. Americans are greedy exploiters, that is the truth. They go to countries to "liberate it" and to so called Democracise them, but at the end they destroy the country.

Tell me what's democratic about America not recognizing Hamas, a political group that got VOTED in by the people?
    What's so democratic about going to Iraq for oil *hiding under the "giving it democaracy(more like aids)" scheme* and the outcome is a country ruined, about to split into 3 countires, million people dead. Oh yeah, did you know that before Bush's big idea Iraq was about to be taken out of the list of 3 world wountires and put into the advanced countries list?
    Good job America Smile

In conclusion, despite their downfalls as a nation they also have their share of triumphs as a ally and friend to democracy.

As I said, I disagree
    ------------------------------
    Please tell me what's so great about a country that dropped BOMBS ON 24 COUNTRIES. These include: China 1945-46, Korea 1950-53, China 1950-53, Guatemala 1954, Indonesia 1958, Cuba 1959-60, Guatemala 1960, Congo 1964, Peru 1965, Laos 1964-73, Vietnam 1961-73, Cambodia 1969-70, Guatemala 1967-69, Grenada 1983, Lebanon 1984, Libya 1986, El Salvador 1980s, Nicaragua 1980s, Panama 1989, Iraq 1991-1999, Sudan 1998, Afghanistan 1998, Yugoslavia 1999 and Iraq 2003.

If you would like more discussions, just tell me Wink

Last edited by Ahmed on Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Great research Ahmed. I am waiting for your post, Phoenix rider.
    Grimmjow
    Grimmjow
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 2639
    Username Change Points : 6104
    Registration date : 2008-02-03

Post by Grimmjow Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:52 pm

thats not 24 some are repeated
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:33 pm

My mistake, I meant 24 (actually its 25 because I forgot to mention Pakistan 2008) bombs that hit other countries.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Grimmjow wrote:thats not 24 some are repeated

No, they are not repeated. It is just that some countries suffered over and over again (different dates are mentioned).
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Phoenix Rider Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:13 am

K, Im back guys! Im back! Sorry for the delay.

Anyway, lets take Ahmed's point one step at a time shall we?

K, Ahmed, regarding slavery in the U.S. at least they sorted it out right? I would rather a man point out his mistakes and fixed them than remain ignorant and NOT fixed the. The primary objectives of the civil war is debatable but the facts are straight, they did good in the end by abolishing slavery. I fell no reason to continue to pin them down on that.

Now as for WW1 and WW2. No Ahmed, they had no intention to war in the first place but circumstances for them to do the opposite. In WW1 the Germans sank a British liner containing 128 Americans. President Woodrow Wilson repeatedly stated that he will not go to war. But after several sabotages and attacks on the U.S (The Black Tom attack in New Jersey and the the kingsland Explosion) they were forced to act.
    Now for WW2. Again in the beginning of the war they had no intention to fight. After Pearl Harbour in 1941, they declared war on the Axis powers in self defence. The Axis were very strong at that time and this was shown when Japan managed to overwhelm U.S forces stationed in Manila and take the entire East Asian Region. In fact, the tide only turned after the U.S declared war on Germany so it's unfair to state that the U.S jumped onboard when the fight was at a close. Hell, Britain's forces were stuck on defensive stance because of the Blitz and Hitler's men planning Operation Sealion. (a full ground and air offensive to attack Britain)

In conclusion, the U.S had no intention to fight in the first place. Back then, they adopted the policy of isolation. They had no allies and refused to take part in Global Affairs. They learned from this mistake and learned that their military power should be used to defend Democracy and not remain silent in times of crisis.

Now for the Korean War. In a pre dawn surprise attack on the morning on June 25, 1950, Communist North Korean forces attacked South Korea whilst crossing the 38th Parallel border line with support from heavy artillery. On June 27, when it was clear the the Democratic South was incapable to defend itself, President Truman of the U.S ordered the U.S Navy and Airforce to come to the aid of the South. Shortly afterwards, the UN Security council issued issued the American-sponsored United Nations Security Council Resolution 83 which "recommends" for states to assist the "Republic of Korea".

Need I remind u guys that the Democratic forces were outnumbered by Forces from North Korea, The Soviet Union and The People's Republic of China. Despite this, a total of 16 countries (The U.S, Australia, The Philippines, Canada, Belgium, Colombia, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Thailand, South Africa, Turkey and The United Kingdom) provided military forces whist Japan provided military assistance via navy backing and repairs. Also India, Italy, Denmark, Norway and Sweden provided medical support.

How can u say that the Korean War was a mistake? A combined effort by democratic countries under the United Nations cannot be a mistake. A quick and decisive action to defend a sovereign democratic country cannot be that bad? It cannot be a mistake can it?

Im tired now so ill be back tommorow but I feel Ive made my case.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:35 pm

K, Ahmed, regarding slavery in the U.S. at least they sorted it out right? I would rather a man point out his mistakes and fixed them than remain ignorant and NOT fixed the. The primary objectives of the civil war is debatable but the facts are straight, they did good in the end by abolishing slavery. I fell no reason to continue to pin them down on that.

But that doesn't change anything. If the world and History worked like, we'll do whatever now as long as we fix it later, then the world will be choatic. Also the reasons for the civil war is not debateable, if you went to Ameifcan school they even till you it was purposley to keep the union and the confederate states together.

Now as for WW1 and WW2. No Ahmed, they had no intention to war in the first place but circumstances for them to do the opposite. In WW1 the Germans sank a British liner containing 128 Americans. President Woodrow Wilson repeatedly stated that he will not go to war. But after several sabotages and attacks on the U.S (The Black Tom attack in New Jersey and the the kingsland Explosion) they were forced to act.
    Now for WW2. Again in the beginning of the war they had no intention to fight. After Pearl Harbour in 1941, they declared war on the Axis powers in self defence. The Axis were very strong at that time and this was shown when Japan managed to overwhelm U.S forces stationed in Manila and take the entire East Asian Region. In fact, the tide only turned after the U.S declared war on Germany so it's unfair to state that the U.S jumped onboard when the fight was at a close. Hell, Britain's forces were stuck on defensive stance because of the Blitz and Hitler's men planning Operation Sealion. (a full ground and air offensive to attack Britain)
    In conclusion, the U.S had no intention to fight in the first place. Back then, they adopted the policy of isolation. They had no allies and refused to take part in Global Affairs. They learned from this mistake and learned that their military power should be used to defend Democracy and not remain silent in times of crisis.

As for the 128 Ameircans that died, Germany had warned America of traveling near Engalnd's and France's waters. But American's still traveled there, therefore it their fault.
    No, they werent. There is something that was in America during WW! called Yellow Journalism. It was basically the press pytting pressure on the goverment to join the war. That's why they joined the WW1 war, and when they did join, they had the advantage because the European sides have been fighting for years. So it was an easy win for America.

Same thing for WWII , they came at the end, so it was an easy win.

Ok, you are right abotu isolation, but I never said anything about that, I was just trying to point out, that America was not liek the Euope's saviour , they could have not done it if they started fighting when the war started.

Now for the Korean War. In a pre dawn surprise attack on the morning on June 25, 1950, Communist North Korean forces attacked South Korea whilst crossing the 38th Parallel border line with support from heavy artillery. On June 27, when it was clear the the Democratic South was incapable to defend itself, President Truman of the U.S ordered the U.S Navy and Airforce to come to the aid of the South. Shortly afterwards, the UN Security council issued issued the American-sponsored United Nations Security Council Resolution 83 which "recommends" for states to assist the "Republic of Korea".

Don't you know that the UN is non-directly in control of the UN?

Need I remind u guys that the Democratic forces were outnumbered by Forces from North Korea, The Soviet Union and The People's Republic of China. Despite this, a total of 16 countries (The U.S, Australia, The Philippines, Canada, Belgium, Colombia, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Thailand, South Africa, Turkey and The United Kingdom) provided military forces whist Japan provided military assistance via navy backing and repairs. Also India, Italy, Denmark, Norway and Sweden provided medical support.

How can u say that the Korean War was a mistake? A combined effort by democratic countries under the United Nations cannot be a mistake. A quick and decisive action to defend a sovereign democratic country cannot be that bad? It cannot be a mistake can it?

No of course not, how can it be a mistake when America owns the world? Rolling Eyes

All I see is that America loves being a war starter...
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Phoenix Rider Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:43 pm

How can defending a sovereign nation be an act of war? They had the authority of the U.N at the time. it was perfectly legal buddy! Unless of course u would prefer the communists to take over a fully democratic state. If that is the case I refuse to talk to u any further Mr Event.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:01 pm

No, I'd prefer America mind minds its bussiness and stops butting in everyone elses bussiness...

Anyways stop focusing on this particular topic, and look at the other issues I mentioned. Wink
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:58 pm

Pheonix Rider, it is worth noting here that even after slavery was legally abolished, discrimination continued until a couple decades ago, and some believe, that it still exists today.

First of all, you said it was a 'legal war' since the U.N authorized it. Well, since those who voted were all U.S allies, and the U.S.S.R was absent, how can this be a binding resolution. And, since you are talking about 'democracy', since when did seven nations' decision is democratic in the world with about 196 countries?

'A combined effort by democratic countries under the UN cannnot be a mistake?'

You tell me! What was the result of this war. A lot of innocent people died and the map of Korea came back to where it was when the war started.

And if we agree with your statement, them we must say that China is democratic and the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is not a mistake. Since this is false, your statement is wrong too..

Just a question: What is democracy? The fact that elected officials make decisions they like or they make the decisions the people want them to make?
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Phoenix Rider Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:46 am

Yes South Korea flourishes now as a democratic state am I correct? Compare this to the North Ahmad and Hassan. The North suffers from famine, oppression and disease whilst South Korea is a first world country with everything a man could wish for.

Surely the action to defend a nation against tyranny cannot be butting in! If your neighbours house burns then surely u must help? Surely u will think about the safety of your friends and not think that they are butting it?

THINK BEFORE U SPEAK!

Anyway, Im now going into the Cuban Missile Crisis. The crisis started in the heart of the Cold War after U.S spy planes photographed missile bases in Cuba in October 15 1962. These missiles apparently had NUCLEAR capabilities. President Kennedy, instead of choosing to bomb Cuba instead chose to have a naval blockade on the island. A wise choice instead of war don't u think?

In the end, the U.S agreed to remove it's missiles along the Soviet border in Turkey in exchange of the Soviets removing the missiles in Cuba. a fair deal don't u think? I see many of u guys come from Pakistan am I correct? If u guys found out one day that India has Nuclear missles pointed at u, wat will U do?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:41 pm

Phoenix Rider wrote:Yes South Korea flourishes now as a democratic state am I correct? Compare this to the North Ahmad and Hassan. The North suffers from famine, oppression and disease whilst South Korea is a first world country with everything a man could wish for.

Surely the action to defend a nation against tyranny cannot be butting in! If your neighbours house burns then surely u must help? Surely u will think about the safety of your friends and not think that they are butting it?

THINK BEFORE U SPEAK!

Anyway, Im now going into the Cuban Missile Crisis. The crisis started in the heart of the Cold War after U.S spy planes photographed missile bases in Cuba in October 15 1962. These missiles apparently had NUCLEAR capabilities. President Kennedy, instead of choosing to Cuba instead chose to have a naval blockade on the island. A wise choice instead of war don't u think?

In the end, the U.S agreed to remove it's missiles along the Soviet border in Turkey in exchange of the Soviets removing the missiles in Cuba. a fair deal don't u think? I see many of u guys come from Pakistan am I correct? If u guys found out one day that India has Nuclear missles pointed at u, wat will U do?

Yes, that's true. The North however is suffering because of all the sancations that is put on it. Also any country suffers from disease Wink

Have you ever thought, that the way South Korea is, is becasue of all the aid that it gets from the west? Just because its a democratic counbtry, doesnt magically turn it into an ideal country, as there are many suffering democratic countrires around the world.

Actually it is...each time thge US butted in in other countires, it oftens does more evil than good. As Hassan said, why did all the innocent people in North Korea for example have to die. What did they do to deserve to die ?

If my neighbors house burns, I won't be killing someone to help the person.

Ironic how you tell me to "THINK BEFORE U SPEAK" , when I am not speaking at all. lol!

I never said anything about the Cuban missle crisis Wink

BTW I'm not from Pakistan Smile

Now its my turn:

The following is a comprehensive summary of the imperialist strategy of the United States over the span of the past century:

Argentina-1890-Troops sent to Buenos Aires to protect business interests.

Chile-1891- Marines sent to Chile and clashed with nationalist rebels.

Haiti-1891-American troops suppress a revolt by Black workers on United States-claimed Navassa Island.

Hawaii-1893-Navy sent to Hawaii to overthrow the independent kingdom-Hawaii annexed by the United States.

Nicaragua-1894-Troops occupied Bluefields, a city on the Caribbean Sea, for a month.

China-1894-95-Navy, Army, and Marines landed during the Sino-Japanese War.

Korea-1894-96-Troops kept in Seoul during the war.

Panama-1895-Army, Navy, and Marines landed in the port city of Corinto.

China-1894-1900-Troops occupied China during the Boxer Rebellion.

Philippines-1898-1910-Navy and Army troops landed after the Philippines fell during the Spanish-American War; 600,000 Filipinos were killed.

Cuba-1898-1902-Troops seized Cuba in the Spanish-American War; the United States still maintains troops at Guantanamo Bay today.

Puerto Rico-1898-present-Troops seized Puerto Rico in the Spanish-American War and still occupy Puerto Rico today.

Nicaragua-1898-Marines landed at the port of San Juan del Sur.

Samoa-1899-Troops landed as a result over the battle for succession to the throne.

Panama-1901-14-Navy supported the revolution when Panama claimed independence from Colombia. American troops have occupied the Canal Zone since 1901 when construction for the canal began.

Honduras-1903-Marines landed to intervene during a revolution.

Dominican Rep-1903-04-Troops landed to protect American interests during a revolution.

Korea-1904-05-Marines landed during the Russo-Japanese War.

Cuba-1906-09-Troops landed during an election.

Nicaragua-1907-Troops landed and a protectorate was set up.

Honduras-1907-Marines landed during Honduras' war with Nicaragua.

Panama-1908-Marines sent in during Panama's election.

Nicaragua-1910-Marines landed for a second time in Bluefields and Corinto.

Honduras-1911-Troops sent in to protect American interests during Honduras' civil war.

China-1911-41-Navy and troops sent to China during continuous flare-ups.

Cuba-1912-Troops sent in to protect American interests in Havana.

Panama-1912-Marines landed during Panama's election.

Honduras-1912-Troops sent in to protect American interests.

Nicaragua-1912-33-Troops occupied Nicaragua and fought guerrillas during its 20-year civil war.

Mexico-1913-Navy evacuated Americans during revolution.

Dominican Rep-1914-Navy fought with rebels over Santo Domingo.

Mexico-1914-18-Navy and troops sent in to intervene against nationalists.

Haiti-1914-34-Troops occupied Haiti after a revolution and occupied Haiti for 19 years.

Dominican Rep-1916-24-Marines occupied the Dominican Republic for eight years.

Cuba-1917-33-Troops landed and occupied Cuba for 16 years; Cuba became an economic protectorate.

World War I-1917-18-Navy and Army sent to Europe to fight the Axis powers.

Russia-1918-22-Navy and troops sent to eastern Russia after the Bolshevik Revolution; Army made five

landings.

Honduras-1919-Marines sent during Honduras' national elections.

Guatemala-1920-Troops occupied Guatemala for two weeks during a union strike.

Turkey-1922-Troops fought nationalists in Smyrna.

China-1922-27-Navy and Army troops deployed during a nationalist revolt.

Honduras-1924-25-Troops landed twice during a national election.

Panama-1925-Troops sent in to put down a general strike.

China-1927-34-Marines sent in and stationed for seven years throughout China.

El Salvador-1932-Naval warships deployed during the FMLN revolt under Marti.

World War II-1941-45-Military fought the Axis powers: Japan, Germany, and Italy.

Yugoslavia-1946-Navy deployed off the coast of Yugoslavia in response to the downing of an American

plane.

Uruguay-1947-Bombers deployed as a show of military force.

Greece-1947-49-United States operations insured a victory for the far right in national "elections."

Germany-1948-Military deployed in response to the Berlin blockade; the Berlin airlift lasts 444 days.

Philippines-1948-54-The CIA directed a civil war against the Filipino Huk revolt.

Puerto Rico-1950-Military helped crush an independence rebellion in Ponce.

Korean War-1951-53-Military sent in during the war.

Iran-1953-The CIA orchestrated the overthrow of democratically elected Mossadegh and restored the Shah to power.

Vietnam-1954-The United States offered weapons to the French in the battle against Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh.

Guatemala-1954-The CIA overthrew the democratically elected Arbenz and placed Colonel Armas

in power.

Egypt-1956-Marines deployed to evacuate foreigners after Nasser nationalized the Suez Canal.

Lebanon-1958-Navy supported an Army occupation of Lebanon during its civil war.

Panama-1958-Troops landed after Panamanians demonstrations threatened the Canal Zone.

Vietnam-1950s-75-Vietnam War.

Cuba-1961-The CIA-directed Bay of Pigs invasions failed to overthrow the Castro government.

Cuba-1962-The Navy quarantines Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Laos-1962-Military occupied Laos during its civil war against the Pathet Lao guerrillas.

Panama-1964-Troops sent in and Panamanians shot while protesting the United States presence in the

Canal Zone.

Indonesia-1965-The CIA orchestrated a military coup.

Dominican Rep-1965-66-Troops deployed during a national election.

Guatemala-1966-67-Green Berets sent in.

Cambodia-1969-75-Military sent in after the Vietnam War expanded into Cambodia.

Oman-1970-Marines landed to direct a possible invasion into Iran.

Laos-1971-75-Americans carpet-bomb the countryside during Laos' civil war.

Chile-1973-The CIA orchestrated a coup, killing President Allende who had been popularly elected. The

CIA helped to establish a military regime under General Pinochet.

Cambodia-1975-Twenty-eight Americans killed in an effort to retrieve the crew of the Mayaquez, which had been seized.

Angola-1976-92-The CIA backed South African rebels fighting against Marxist Angola.

Iran-1980-Americans aborted a rescue attempt to liberate 52 hostages seized in the Teheran embassy.

Libya-1981-American fighters shoot down two Libyan fighters.

El Salvador-198-92-The CIA, troops, and advisers aid in El Salvador's war against the FMLN.

Nicaragua-1981-90-The CIA and NSC directed the Contra War against the Sandinistas.

Lebanon-1982-84-Marines occupied Beirut during Lebanon's civil war; 241 were killed in the American

barracks and Reagan "redeployed" the troops to the Mediterranean.

Honduras-1983-89-Troops sent in to build bases near the Honduran border.

Grenada-1983-84-American invasion overthrew the Maurice Bishop government.

Iran-1984-American fighters shot down two Iranian planes over the Persian Gulf.

Libya-1986-American fighters hit targets in and around the capital city of Tripoli.

Bolivia-1986-The Army assisted government troops on raids of cocaine areas.

Iran-1987-88-The United States intervened on the side of Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War.

Libya-1989-Navy shot down two more Libyan jets.

Virgin Islands-1989-Troops landed during unrest among Virgin Island peoples.

Philippines-1989-Air Force provided air cover for government during coup.

Panama-1989-90-27,000 Americans landed in overthrow of President Noriega; over 2,000 Panama

civilians were killed.

Liberia-1990-Troops entered Liberia to evacuate foreigners during civil war.

Saudi Arabia-1990-91-American troops sent to Saudi Arabia, which was a staging area in the war against

Iraq.

Kuwait-1991-Troops sent into Kuwait to turn back Saddam Hussein.

Somalia-1992-94-Troops occupied Somalia during civil war.

Bosnia-1993-95-Air Force jets bombed "no-fly zone" during civil war in Yugoslavia.

Haiti-1994-96-American troops and Navy provided a blockade against Haiti's military government. The CIA restored Aristide to power.

Zaire-1996-97-Marines sent into Rwanda Hutus' refugee camps in the area where the Congo revolution

began.

Albania-1997-Troops deployed during evacuation of foreigners.

Sudan-1998-American missiles destroyed a pharmaceutical complex where alleged nerve gas

components were manufactured.

Afghanistan-1998-Missiles launched towards alleged Afghan terrorist training camps.

Yugoslavia-1999-Bombings and missile attacks carried out by the United States in conjunction with

NATO in the 11 week war against Milosevic.

Iraq-1998-2001-Missiles launched into Baghdad and other large Iraq cities for four days. American jets

enforced "no-fly zone" and continued to hit Iraqi targets since December 1998.

Iraq 2003-2008-American troops invaded and occupised Iraq, killing many Iraqis, which now reached 1 million Iraqi deaths

What do you think?
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Phoenix Rider Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:10 pm

NOOOOO!!! To much american actions to defend! Maybe tommrow huh? Lets just teke this one step at a time!

As for ur list. Haven't u noticed that many of those actions were made to defend peace? Ill go into them tommorow.

As for the Korean War. WAT ELSE COULD THEY DO?!! Let the North take over? I think not!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:11 pm

I'll wait for you tommorow and reply Smile
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 12013
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : Americans against the rest of the world - Page 3 Stressed

Post by preid1220 Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:46 pm

ahmed if you were able to save 1000 people by killing 100 would you? if you could stop ww3 but needed to kill every person in iraq to do it would you? thoes are all examples of doing evil to protect a greater good
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Pheonix rider:

First of all, answer my question on democracy, please.

Secondly, yes I am a Pakistani and, as a matter of fact, both of us already have missiles facing Islamabad and Karachi (in Pakistan) and New Dehli (in India).

This is exactly why I am against U.S. hipocracy: Pakistan developed a nuclear weapon because India put theirs' on us. Now when Cuba wants to get missiles for their own protection, the U.S. decides that they are not worthy of getting them, while the U.S (for some selfish reason) possesses them.

I would be waiting for your answer on my question.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 pm

preid1220 wrote:ahmed if you were able to save 1000 people by killing 100 would you? if you could stop ww3 but needed to kill every person in iraq to do it would you? thoes are all examples of doing evil to protect a greater good

It seems to you that killing is an weasy thing, like killing animals. Doesn't the term "Human" have any meaning to you, or is it like animal?

Anyhow, there would never be a situation where you need to kill 100 people for no reason at all to save other people. Therefore your situation is a hypothetical situation. Secondly what is the "greater good". I see no good at all when people get killed, for no reason. Thirdly I caould tell you here and now that many people wish the same for the Americans just as you wish that for the Iraqis...it works both ways Wink
    Grimmjow
    Grimmjow
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Grimmjow Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:19 am

preid this sounds like your stealing wanteds line kill 1 save a 1000
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 12013
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : Americans against the rest of the world - Page 3 Stressed

Post by preid1220 Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:04 am

in a way yes, it's the same consept. poe if you invented a time machean and wre able to go back in time and kill hitler would you? by killing that 1 person you can save so many and stop ww2. we ARE animals and sometimes we need to be reminded of that. Cuba had a reason to atack us. my gand father worker with the nations sucurity back then and my father tells me he would disapear for weeks on end only to show up and say it was only a train excersize. what do you think was hapening
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:22 pm

preid1220 wrote:in a way yes, it's the same consept. poe if you invented a time machean and wre able to go back in time and kill hitler would you? by killing that 1 person you can save so many and stop ww2. we ARE animals and sometimes we need to be reminded of that. Cuba had a reason to atack us. my gand father worker with the nations sucurity back then and my father tells me he would disapear for weeks on end only to show up and say it was only a train excersize. what do you think was hapening

Yes, that's because Hitler deserved to die. The keyword here is "deserved". The kill 100 peopel statement that you said is obsurd because these people did nothing wrong and they deserve a good life like any other people.

No we are NOT animals. We are humans. Sorry but I don't believe in the "humans evolved from apes" nonsense Wink

I don't know what was happening.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 11443
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood : Americans against the rest of the world - Page 3 Relaxed

Post by Steve Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:56 pm

if i could i dunno if i would kill him unless it was needed for some reason
    Grimmjow
    Grimmjow
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Grimmjow Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:29 pm

theres a consequence of going back in time. even if your intentions could be good they can always backfire. for instance you kill hitler before WWII then maybe the germans would get angry and start the war for killing their leader.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Grim, please stay on topic Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:17 am