New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Doc
Craig
Dark Flame99966
Fangy
Ahmed
9 posters

Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60938
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Tired

Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Empty Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted

Post by Ahmed Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:53 pm

To admit something to you guys.

(Better to read while listening to this: https://youtu.be/F4jdLygR-dI?t=46m11s )

Do you guys remember when the golden age of this forum was?

It was when we had all those girls - Egyptian Gazelle, Fifi, Marwa, Daloo3a.

They kind of complimented us on this forum. And they helped Steve say.

I'm kind of the reason why they left, which ultimately lead to the downfall of this forum.

For you see, I was young and naive 4 years ago (times flies huh). I was in an online relationship with Egyptian Gazelle.  For ~3-4 months. I meant it to be serious. Like we would get to know each other IRL and get married etc. But yeah, I was a junior in HS, pretty foolish. And was first time with a girl. Steve knew. Gazelle abruptly ended this relationship. I wanted to know why. Apparently Steve knew. I asked him to tell me why, but he said this is a secret, so that got me angry and it severed our relationship at the time. I presume that Gazelle let Daloo3a know, and so Daloo3a, who went on to make a new forum, was on her side. And needless to say, the relationship between gazelle and I were severed when she broke the relationship with me.

Fifi apparently liked me. But at the time gaz and I were in a relationship, and so I shunned fifi down. Which severed the relationship between fifi and I. When this whole mistake ended we lost 4 members.

As for Marwa, I allowed a political argument to get the best of me, and after trashing her...she obviously left. (you all saw this one live)

So I guess you guys can say, I killed my own forum with my own hands.

Maybe if I hadn't done all of that, this forum might've been different.

Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  5212-maybe-one-day-well-wake-up-and-this-will-all-just-be-a-dream

Now I'm not encouraging the death of the forum. But I'm acknowledging reality.

I can't single handedly prolong the forum's life due to my life responsibilities. I can't make new topics as often as I used to. And this was always a problem with this forum, it was too dependent on me -the admin- to make it going. Never really got any major help from anyone else - except maybe Marwa, she did a lot though, Ill admit that. And so it seems to be fated that the forum's end will come with my decrease in activity.

I will say one thing though. I'll assure I'm the last one that leaves this forum (I'll see that a week passes and I'm the only one that logs in). And then I'll delete it psychically, as its memories -good and bad- stays within all of our memories.

(Or I'll delete everything on the forum and rebuild it from scratch with a new focus, new community)
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14076
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Cheerful

Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Empty Re: Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted

Post by Fangy Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:44 am

What happened to fifi? I was friends with her on facebook and she disappeared.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Tired

Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Empty Re: Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted

Post by Ahmed Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:56 am

She chilled on FB for a bit. Last time I actually spoke with her, she was telling me about how she is moving to NY for college...this was 2 years ago.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14076
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Cheerful

Post by Fangy Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:12 am

Hm. Those were good days  Razz but I think most of why this forum is dead now is that none of the guys here like to post much, myself included.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:57 am

Which brings us back to the main problem of the forum being too vague and having no theme. Why would you ever want to post here when you vague/general giants liek FB/Twitter/Reddit/Instagram?
    Dark Flame99966
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 6018
    Username Change Points : 8436
    Registration date : 2007-10-15

Post by Dark Flame99966 Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:13 am

People didn't know about this?

Anyway, I know Gazelle's IRL identity, I have mutual friends. Fifi disappeared on me too but last I checked she was friends with Marwa on facebook (though I think Marwa deleted hers).

Um, I don't remember Daloo3a
    Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 10059
    Username Change Points : 19172
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post by Craig Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:32 am

huehuehue

You're fine dude. when things like this happens, things like this happen.

if you could see the face I'm making.

Also I've seen fifi post like once or twice in the last year if I remember correctly... but since then I think I've deleted her.

Is that other forum still alive?
    Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Craig Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 am

we should rename the fbgroup to
    nostalgia for fwends
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Dark Flame99966 wrote:People didn't know about this?

Anyway, I know Gazelle's IRL identity, I have mutual friends. Fifi disappeared on me too but last I checked she was friends with Marwa on facebook (though I think Marwa deleted hers).

Um, I don't remember Daloo3a

Yes, Flame most people don't know unless those mentioned in the OP. You wouldn't "know" unless anyone of us told you. You could just "assume".

Yeah, the girls hated fifi. They saw her as "indecent" lol.

Daloo3a was the one with the Nancy Ajram photo.

@Craig: Their forum is long dead, it lived for like ~10 months. Steve was the last one to leave it I believe.

Dark Flame99966
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Dark Flame99966 Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Saw her as indecent huh? That's interesting
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15167
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Relaxed

Post by Doc Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:32 pm

lol Ahmed was playing all those girls

Respect bro loool

But why delete it??

Just leave it bro ... why the desire to delete?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:21 pm

This forum contains many secrets if you search hard enough.
    Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Craig Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:56 am

secrets that matter?

and the people who for whatever search far enough will not really be able to do anything with them.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 11076
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Paranoid

Post by jj16802 Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:02 am

I blame college.
    Dark Flame99966
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Dark Flame99966 Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:29 pm

All the secrets are actually in Steve's mind
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Craig wrote:secrets that matter?

and the people who for whatever search far enough will not really be able to do anything with them.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11119
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Cool

Post by Ace Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:40 pm

The point of posting on a general forum the size of NH when there are giants out there like Reddit is because Reddit is a giant and NH is not. Small communities ftw.

I never posted that much because I didn't have that much to say, and half of what I did say, I was flamed for (thanks brah).

I wouldn't mind a couple threads on philosophy, nuclear physics, antimatter, and stuff like that though. I've grown really fond to those kinds of things. No real arguments, just pure and simple thought on something that can be pondered about for an eternity.

I rarely come here nowadays because of uni. NH usually doesn't come to mind anymore since there's so many other things on my mind.
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 11862
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Stressed

Post by preid1220 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Just wanted to let you know I still ghost here...
    Dark Flame99966
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Dark Flame99966 Thu May 01, 2014 12:29 am

Ghosts ghost around in ghosted forums in ghosted threads of ghosted posts
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 11292
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Relaxed

Post by Steve Fri May 16, 2014 6:42 am

secrets huh...

did you guys know fifi was actually two people? they were sisters, about 3 years apart in age. i talked to her quite a lot on yahoo IM, but i only used that for about 4 months, so i don't know fifi (fifis?) anymore.

i'm pretty sure she asked me to keep that a secret, but it doesn't seem to matter now.

as for separating Ahmed and Gazzel, i remember it differently. i knew you both liked each other, but neither would admit it. I was trying to get either of you to tell the other, but obviously i was just being a pain, lesson learned, don't meddle.  but anyway, i thought that relationship never got started.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 11292
    Registration date : 2007-11-29

Post by Steve Fri May 16, 2014 6:44 am

i always thought your biggest mistake was segregating the forum.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11119
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Cool

Post by Ace Fri May 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Fifi was two people? Wow, I had no idea.
    Dark Flame99966
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Dark Flame99966 Sat May 17, 2014 3:37 pm

I didn't even know that. I know she told me about her cousin, but she never told me she had a sibling,and I talked to her a lot on facebook
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 11076
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood : Since the forum is pretty much fading away as a sweet dream I wanted  Paranoid

Post by jj16802 Sun May 18, 2014 1:12 am

Wow, that is shocking...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun May 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Steve wrote:secrets huh...

did you guys know fifi was actually two people? they were sisters, about 3 years apart in age. i talked to her quite a lot on yahoo IM, but i only used that for about 4 months, so i don't know fifi (fifis?) anymore.

i'm pretty sure she asked me to keep that a secret, but it doesn't seem to matter now.

as for separating Ahmed and Gazzel, i remember it differently. i knew you both liked each other, but neither would admit it. I was trying to get either of you to tell the other, but obviously i was just being a pain, lesson learned, don't meddle.  but anyway, i thought that relationship never got started.

Well...about Fifi that's quite shocking.

Nah, we actually had admitted it to each other. We just didn't want to say it openly, and in fact wanted to show the opposite somewhat, because we felt it was more personal. Basically, it was an act in front of you where we seemed to not to admit to like each other.

Yeah it did, it last like 3-4 months.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:36 am