hello Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

hello

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hello Empty hello Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

hi

2hello Empty Re: hello Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

Hello Craig, i like your avatar.

3hello Empty Re: hello Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:08 pm

jj16802

jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

4hello Empty Re: hello Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:24 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

hi

5hello Empty Re: hello Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:54 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

Why thank you sir Steve!

6hello Empty Re: hello Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:32 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Craig wrote:Why thank you sir Steve!

I think Steve is a sleeper Furry Razz

7hello Empty Re: hello Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:15 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

i just thought it was rainbow dash and derpy, but i could be wrong...

8hello Empty Re: hello Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:51 am

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

You got it right! lol

9hello Empty Re: hello Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

A wrote:

as for this... you don't have to be a furry to like a show about ponys Smile 

I think the show is enjoyable because the characters are so strong, i like the fans too, i find them funny, nice, creative... i think this needs a thread, but i'm not going to start it right now, the discussions could run long and late, but i think it would be interesting.

10hello Empty Re: hello Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:15 pm

jj16802

jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

This is getting too weird, I'm going back to the TARDIS....

11hello Empty Re: hello Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:02 pm

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Not my cup of tea, but who am I to comment on what a man does with his free time? To each his own and all that.

12hello Empty Re: hello Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Steve wrote:
A wrote:

as for this... you don't have to be a furry to like a show about ponys Smile 

I think the show is enjoyable because the characters are so strong, i like the fans too, i find them funny, nice, creative... i think this needs a thread, but i'm not going to start it right now, the discussions could run long and late, but i think it would be interesting.

but its a show thats made for 10 year old girls

13hello Empty Re: hello Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:39 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

if your favourite shows were exactly the same but everyone knew they were made for little girls, would that make a difference to you?

14hello Empty Re: hello Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Steve wrote:if your favourite shows were exactly the same but everyone knew they were made for little girls, would that make a difference to you?

If the show was made for little girls but I liked them then I would probably question myself lol

15hello Empty Re: hello Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:18 am

jj16802

jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

preid1220 wrote:Not my cup of tea, but who am I to comment on what a man does with his free time? To each his own and all that.
A wrote:but its a show thats made for 10 year old girls
A wrote:If the show was made for little girls but I liked them then I would probably question myself lol
I couldn't have said it better myself.

16hello Empty Re: hello Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:06 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

my point is it doesn't matter who the intended audience is if the show is good.

isn't all the music you guys listen to about not caring about what people think and not conforming? Razz

JJ mentioned a TARDIS, which is similar, both shows want to appeal to kids, but both are made well enough to appeal to a larger audience.

17hello Empty Re: hello Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

MLP's original intent was for young girls, sure. But if you look at the original creator of the current generation then you'd realize that she is one of your favorite cartoon creators. She did a lot of development for our favorite Cartoon Network shows.

But also, if you become uncomfortable about watching something made for young girls then you probably aren't 100% confident with yourself and your way of being.

Anywho, before they even realized there was a major male fanbase they kept making references or jokes that only older audiences could understand. & the last two season have had a lot of fan service.

18hello Empty Re: hello Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:50 pm

jj16802

jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Steve wrote:JJ mentioned a TARDIS, which is similar, both shows want to appeal to kids, but both are made well enough to appeal to a larger audience.
Except I don't think children can understand the implications of time travel or the Doctor's crazy solutions at a very young age. Hell, some of the stuff from Stargate I never understood until I re-watched it at an older age.

The difference between the 2 shows is that Doctor Who is a drama. While children can watch and enjoy it, adults can understand it better. MLP however is a children's show from the start and has for some reason gotten attention from elder audiences. In addition, the community was originally a joke from 4chan and it only went viral because of the people using that website.

Also Craig, you might want to delete that double post. Actually I'll do it for you since I'm a mod.

19hello Empty Re: hello Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

oh, sorry for the double post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum