Steve answers questions Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve answers questions

+3
Fangy
Doc
Steve
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Steve answers questions Empty Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:00 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

I'll answer anything to the best of my ability.
and to get the ball rolling I'm going to answer my own question.

Q. Why do I feel like i don't fit in at Newhorizons?

A. I've changed a lot since i frequented this website. Now i don't like internet discussions. They never seem to get anywhere.

What's more I don't care to talk about big events in the world. This website has taken to reporting the news, and i have a certain approach to the news... Maybe i rose tint my glasses, but i limit the amount of news i take in during any week... Watching the news i felt Powerless to change or prevent any of it, and it would lead to thought like "What is the world coming to?" and "I don't understand how someone could do this..." and i want to understand. I'd be defending these killers and criminals because I thought people were too judgemental when they only have one side of the story.

I'm prone to depression so now I don't get myself down by watching what i consider to be an unhealthy dose of negative information. I could rant about why televised news is a bad thing all day but i have a question to finish answering.

So back on track to why I stopped being a member. I liked having fun, there were certainly enjoyable times right here. But the fun stopped being original, and there's nothing worse than a predictable thread... i guess i knew too well what to expect from most threads, and when that happens there isn't a point to reading them.

Did you guys ever count to an obscenely high number by the way?

So ultimately, I became disinterested in this forum, there were a lot of political threads i couldn't care less about, and the other threads were mainly forum games which weren't worth looking at. On-top of that, i didn't care about the threads i made, because they would soon shift tracks. its not so much derailed but they were going to end up at the same destination as a lot of threads. Military, Politics, Religion... no longer worth discussing.

So sorry i rambled a bit but maybe this answers some question you had years ago Smile

2Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:36 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

i feel kind of similar ... no enjoyment from the typical generic, repetitive, internet forum discussion/debate

so what are u up to these days? heard u got married ... any kids yet ?

3Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:36 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

I did not get married, maybe you are thinking of sam? So no, still no kids.

4Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:56 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Steve wrote:I did not get married, maybe you are thinking of sam? So no, still no kids.

who is older you or sam?

5Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:58 am

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

If you could pick one thing to go back and tell your teenage self, what would it be?

6Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:30 am

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

How is sam doing? How are you progressing through life? You're about 25 now, right?

7Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:21 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

Dark Flame99966 wrote:How is sam doing?

I haven't spoke to sam in about 4 years, We didn't fall out or anything, just lost contact.

Doc wrote:
who is older you or sam?

i think sam is... i think he was a year older than me, cant remember slanty

Dark Flame99966 wrote: How are you progressing through life? You're about 25 now, right?

yeah I'm 25, although i forget and think I'm 24, my life is good, I have a job which mixes business management, project management and programming. which has its ups and downs, but I'm really very lucky to work there.

Currently looking forward to spending christmas with my family... while trying to hit my deadlines Smile

Fangy wrote:If you could pick one thing to go back and tell your teenage self, what would it be?

Just one thing? lets see... "Speak your mind, and don't worry about what people will think." I'll let you figure out what that says about me Smile

8Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

If you could pick one song that you had to listen to for the rest of your life (at least once a day), and you could only listen to that song your whole life, what would it be?

9Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

when you getting married?

10Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Steve just wanted to let you know that just like you have changed, the forum has ultimately changed. A forum is basically a gathering of people. We have all changed. I'm not the immature kid that I was 2 years ago. In fact if I had went to a normal 4 year college, I would've been graduating next year.

As you can see in the news forum, the last "real" news thread was posted in November, and the one before that was October. I personally don't care much about the news anymore either mainly because like you said it IS depressing. That is 100% true. I don't care (really) about the rules of the forum like I used to a few years ago because I just don't. I just want to chill. My life is already stressful cuz of school and work, and realizing that corporations suck.

I thought I should mention this since the forum really did change since you were last active here.

Question: Why'd you lose contact with Sam? Is it because he got married?

11Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Yeah, this place has changed ... its just a random place where we post random stuff ... don't care much about politics anymore ...

12Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

L Is The Name wrote:Steve just wanted to let you know that just like you have changed, the forum has ultimately changed. A forum is basically a gathering of people. We have all changed. I'm not the immature kid that I was 2 years ago. In fact if I had went to a normal 4 year college, I would've been graduating next year.

As you can see in the news forum, the last "real" news thread was posted in November, and the one before that was October. I personally don't care much about the news anymore either mainly because like you said it IS depressing. That is 100% true. I don't care (really) about the rules of the forum like I used to a few years ago because I just don't. I just want to chill. My life is already stressful cuz of school and work, and realizing that corporations suck.

I thought I should mention this since the forum really did change since you were last active here.

makes me happy to hear it Smile

L Is The Name wrote:Question: Why'd you lose contact with Sam? Is it because he got married?

it was when he became involved in anon, he wanted me to take part too, but i just couldn't do it, the things they were doing felt juvenile and kinda against my own moral code. I think I gave him some space hoping it would pass, but we just didn't talk again. At the same time he went off to university when i didn't so we were separated physically too.

Are you guys enjoying this thread as much as I am? Smile

13Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

Fangy wrote:If you could pick one song that you had to listen to for the rest of your life (at least once a day), and you could only listen to that song your whole life, what would it be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1HZp4ClFXY

Doc wrote:when you getting married?

I don't really have a plan for this, I'm not dating anyone atm... maybe when i'm 30? yeah, lets go with that.

14Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Steve wrote:
L Is The Name wrote:Question: Why'd you lose contact with Sam? Is it because he got married?

it was when he became involved in anon, he wanted me to take part too, but i just couldn't do it, the things they were doing felt juvenile and kinda against my own moral code. I think I gave him some space hoping it would pass, but we just didn't talk again. At the same time he went off to university when i didn't so we were separated physically too.

Are you guys enjoying this thread as much as I am? Smile

Wow he got married before going to college? That's probably stressful. I always thought that you were part of anon lol.

Yeah its a pretty nice thread mainly because its actually a thread. We've been posting junk more or less for a while so this is a nice change of breath.

15Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

no he got married after, and that's basically all i know

16Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:44 pm

jj16802

jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Welcome back man! Nice to see someone from the beginning of the forum.

17Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:57 pm

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Just going to pop my head in and say happy holidays. Keep safe.

18Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

these things aren't questions Sad Now what will I answer...

but thank you

19Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

What's your favorite color? And why?

20Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:51 am

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

Why won't you settle down with a nice girl and let me have grandchildren, Stevey?

21Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:09 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

Fangy wrote:What's your favorite color? And why?

back when it mattered it was turquoise and as for why, i guess it was a little unknown as a colour, and the colour of relaxing things.

Dark Flame99966 wrote:Why won't you settle down with a nice girl and let me have grandchildren, Stevey?

because nice single girls are somewhat of a rarity, mother.

22Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

You ever been hunting?

23Steve answers questions Empty Re: Steve answers questions Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

What would you say is the best invention ever? Worse?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum