New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60936
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change Tired

Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change Empty Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change

Post by Ahmed Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:34 am

10/4/13

Changed the background, to make the forum less plain/dull. Let me know what you think of it.

Changed the New topic notification icon from blue to red, to make it more noticeable

Added a nav bar, black and blue to encapsulate the full forum colors. Will be improved.

-Loveless
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11117
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change Cool

Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change Empty Re: Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change

Post by Ace Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:26 am

alaikit
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change Empty Re: Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change

Post by Ace Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:03 pm

How would it look if you made the image not follow the scrolling, and instead have the image repeat when you scroll down? I know I explained that horribly, but there's a way you can do that somehow.

Since both sides of the background fade to black, there wouldn't be a noticeable border, so I think it would look nice.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Ace wrote:How would it look if you made the image not follow the scrolling, and instead have the image repeat when you scroll down? I know I explained that horribly, but there's a way you can do that somehow.

Since both sides of the background fade to black, there wouldn't be a noticeable border, so I think it would look nice.
    I'm not really sure what you're saying. You want it to not follow so it fades into black, and so by the end of the forum page you'll have a black background?
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Loveless wrote:
    Ace wrote:How would it look if you made the image not follow the scrolling, and instead have the image repeat when you scroll down? I know I explained that horribly, but there's a way you can do that somehow.

I'm not really sure what you're saying. You want it to not follow so it fades into black, and so by the end of the forum page you'll have a black background?
    No. Sorry, I knew that was a terribad explanation.

I'll try to find an example.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 11074
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood : Nav Bar + New Background + New topic notification icon change Paranoid

Post by jj16802 Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:30 am

Let me take a crack at what he's trying to propose:

He wants the image to repeat when you scroll down, like when you scroll down the forum, the first instance of the background goes up as you scroll up and a second one appears at the bottom as you continue to scroll down, and another appears if you keep scrolling on and so on.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:33 am

I don't think that's possible...
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:34 am

I've seen it done before.

I think it's a matter of just checking a box in some settings somewhere.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:35 am

Ace wrote:I've seen it done before.

It's never that simple. If anything, it would be done via the CSS.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:41 am

Loveless wrote:
    Ace wrote:I've seen it done before.

It's never that simple. If anything, it would be done via the CSS.
    I was an admin on a forumotion site long ago, I'm 99.99% sure it's there. Unless an update removed the feature, but that's unlikely.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:52 am

I'll look into it. I just skimmed through the admin panel and found no such option.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:02 am

Should be somewhere in the pictures management thing, but idk. I haven't looked at an admin panel in a while.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:06 am

You just reminded me Ace...always wanted to ask you. Since you were the admin of a forum...how come you never merged your forum with mines? We could've both been Admins and had double the members.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:58 am

Two reasons.

One, they weren't the same kind of forum. This one is a general discussion forum, while the one I was on was more of a roleplay/storywriting forum. It could've worked out I suppose, but the idea never occurred to me.

Two, I didn't really like the other one. One of my friends long ago just brought up that he had started a website of his own and needed admins there to help keep fools in line, so I agreed to do it. Out of the fifty-ish (maybe) members, at least half lacked common courtesy and sense, and I really only befriended two or three of the others. And after a little while, the main admin, who was the only reason I joined the site in the first place, just totally vanished. So I just handled the site for about a year or so until it eventually died, partially because the only guy with any power (me) never really contributed to any roleplay/storywrite thing (I just banned people and chatted, so not much respect to me) and partially because the community sucked. I rather enjoyed its death, because when it was on its last legs, it was only the few cool people and one a$$hat left who mostly knew how to behave, so there wasn't much moderating to do. Then we just parted ways.

Exposing NH to the bumbling fools I had to deal with would not be a good idea... more members often doesn't make a forum better.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:27 am

I think having new members is never a bad thing simply because none of them are permanent. If they are horrible, they get banned.

And we actually used to have a RPG forum.

Anyways, regarding your suggestion. This is interesting. On Mobile, it looks like the background does exactly what you suggested (repeats). But on PC it doesn't. I'm not sure why.
    Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 10059
    Username Change Points : 19170
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post by Craig Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:14 pm

I must say, this bg is sexy tho.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:40 pm

@Ahmed Tru dat. But they could be a little obnoxious. I guess I should've advertised this place, but I never thought of it. Too late to do anything now, sadly.

... wrote:I must say, this bg is sexy tho.
    Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:37 am