I mad. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

I mad.

Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11271
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : I mad. Cool

I mad. Empty I mad.

Post by Ace Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm

My best friend just dropped out of highschool today. And honestly, I can't blame him. In my school, if you do something that warrants more than a detention, you're put in PASS, meaning you're confined to one room the entire school day with nothing to do but read textbooks and do assignments. I'm sure most schools have something similar, they just don't call it the same thing... But anyway, my friend got put in PASS for two months over something he didn't do. A teacher just claimed he told him to f*ck off and some other stuff just to get my friend out of his classroom, and the principals were stupid enough to believe him. And to top it all off, my friend flunked one semester of Brit Lit because he screwed up on an essay, so he was relocated to a different class that taught Brit Lit via lessons on a computer (because that would somehow help?). After being in that class for a couple weeks, he was suddenly told that he wasn't allowed to take the class, and instead, he would have to pay a fine to get into nightschool and retake Brit Lit there. Seriously, are they retarded? Are they too damn stupid to have realized beforehand that you have to go to nightschool and aren't allowed to retake Brit Lit in the day JUST CUZ, or are they just being assholes?

All of this happened in one day, so my friend just said forget it and dropped out of HS. He already hated school somewhat, but I'm still surprised he actually did it... And even if he wanted to go back to that dump of a school run by driveling morons (who, even in their forties and despite teaching for twenty-some years, still can't understand the difference between effect and affect, as shown by several of their powerpoint presentations) and take classes in the middle of the freakin' night, he couldn't pay for it. He lives alone off a job at Walmart, and those bumbling fools really thought he would be okay with nightschool.

tl;dr: My feathers are ruffled. Very ruffled indeed.
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 12014
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : I mad. Stressed

I mad. Empty Re: I mad.

Post by preid1220 Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:23 pm

If you feel that he is being discriminated against I would suggest contacting a law firm
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61090
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : I mad. Tired

Post by Ahmed Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 pm

You mean to tell us that your jimmies are rustled.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 11228
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood : I mad. Paranoid

Post by jj16802 Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:21 pm

That really grinds my gears.

Yeah, I would go with preid's advice and sue the school.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11271
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : I mad. Cool

Post by Ace Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 am

Hotshot wrote:You mean to tell us that your jimmies are rustled.

Quite.

preid1220 wrote:If you feel that he is being discriminated against I would suggest contacting a law firm

Not worth it, he hates the schools even more now and wants nothing to do with them. And there's nothing we could really do anyway, the deed's been done, dropping out isn't reversible as far as I know. Suing takes too long anyway. He could go back in August and probably graduate before a law firm could get anything done.

And besides, good attorneys cost serious moneys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:23 am