Destruction from Sandy Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

Destruction from Sandy

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Destruction from Sandy Empty Destruction from Sandy Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

So...tell us your story.

Pretty much nothing happened where I live. Just strong winds, and thats it.

2Destruction from Sandy Empty Re: Destruction from Sandy Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:37 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

apparently some sh!t got messed up around us according to the news but i havent gone outside yet

3Destruction from Sandy Empty Re: Destruction from Sandy Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Ace

Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member

I felt a light gust of wind.

4Destruction from Sandy Empty Re: Destruction from Sandy Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:46 pm

jj16802

jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

I have no power for 3 days. I'm living on canned New England Clam Chowder. Hilarious

5Destruction from Sandy Empty Re: Destruction from Sandy Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

how are you posting then? Rolling Eyes

6Destruction from Sandy Empty Re: Destruction from Sandy Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:57 pm

jj16802

jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

As I stated before in another topic, I'm posting from my dad's workplace.

7Destruction from Sandy Empty Re: Destruction from Sandy Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:43 pm

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Ello, just got the chance to post this, my town got hit like a truck. We got the worst of the storm and a large portion of the town is on the coast, and as such was under water. I've seen boats in the road, thees through houses, people getting hypothermia because the power is out, and that's just the tip of it. In the fire department many houses lost all their apparatus because of the salt water, so were dealing with a huge number of calls with half the rigs. It does not help any that the hospitals are filled to capacity, it can take up to an hour just to get triage and put the bus back on the road. Hell I was waiting in line the other day with a crew from Michigan and Texas.

TL;DR
S**t has hit the fan, and we were not ready. It may be months still until parts of the state get power back, and the cost of rebuilding is going to be astronomical. I cant even get gas without the treat of being stabbed.

8Destruction from Sandy Empty Re: Destruction from Sandy Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

saw one tree on the ground and a bunch of screwed up traffic lights ....

9Destruction from Sandy Empty Re: Destruction from Sandy Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

preid1220 wrote:Ello, just got the chance to post this, my town got hit like a truck. We got the worst of the storm and a large portion of the town is on the coast, and as such was under water. I've seen boats in the road, thees through houses, people getting hypothermia because the power is out, and that's just the tip of it. In the fire department many houses lost all their apparatus because of the salt water, so were dealing with a huge number of calls with half the rigs. It does not help any that the hospitals are filled to capacity, it can take up to an hour just to get triage and put the bus back on the road. Hell I was waiting in line the other day with a crew from Michigan and Texas.

TL;DR
S**t has hit the fan, and we were not ready. It may be months still until parts of the state get power back, and the cost of rebuilding is going to be astronomical. I cant even get gas without the treat of being stabbed.

dam

good luck recovering

10Destruction from Sandy Empty Re: Destruction from Sandy Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:48 am

Ace

Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member

I can't imagine what the traffic will be like in three months, when the roads will be fine but the subways will still be down...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum