New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Da fudge!?

Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11271
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : Da fudge!? Cool

Da fudge!? Empty Da fudge!?

Post by Ace

Gather 'rould yall, it's story time. At 11:29 PM.

So I visited the local autoshop recently with my dad to check up on my mom's minivan, which was sent in because the brakes were malfunctioning. And before I go on...

My God, it's really fricken scary to be in a high-speed vehicle with malfunctioning brakes. Believe me.

ANYWAY. Thing is, the brakes were replaced just fine. But lo and behold... THE MECHANIC FORGOT TO BLEED THE BRAKES. In other words... they were attached to the vehicle, but still didn't work because (I presume, I have no idea what bleeding breaks means) they weren't hooked up to the brake-fluid-stuff.

So while in the shop, a few hours before me and my dad arrived, something made the van move a little while it wasn't anchored down (doesn't need to be if it has working brakes) and started rolling out of the autoshop... it built up momentum and careened straight into a Ford F250 King Ranch. Those things are colossal, yet both vehicles were smashed up pretty bad, which makes me wonder how fast the van was going. Now they're both in the autoshop being repaired and hopefully once they're done, the brakes will be fixed. The shop's paying for all the damages. I took pictures of both the van and the truck, so if you guys want to see them, I can upload them.

I just can't get past the fact that if something hadn't pushed the van out of the shop, I would've gotten in it to drive it home. With no brakes. I could've died horribly (or maybe even smashed into the Lamborghini a few blocks from my house). I presume a Ford was at the autoshop like the van, and not on the road, because all the damage to the truck is at the front while the damage to the van is at the back.

And that's tonight's story.
    Share this post on: reddit

Ahmed

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:39 am by Ahmed

Youre a lucky guy.

Cant you get sued though?
    Ace

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:01 pm by Ace

Why would I get sued? Nothing was our fault.

Post  by Sponsored content