great wall of china = useless Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

great wall of china = useless

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1great wall of china = useless Empty great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:09 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

the mongols STILL invaded china despite the existence of this wall

i mean what kind of retards make an unconnected wall after putting so much effort into making it in the first place??? the Mongols literally just went around it Rolling Eyes

the most it probably did was piss the mongols off Rolling Eyes

2great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:23 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

I could imagine that lol

3great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:29 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

That is the most stupid title I've read in my life.
Anywho, yeah so.. When are we going to knock it down?

4great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

I think Sayf was referring to it's effectiveness and not its wonder status.

5great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:02 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

I know, but it's just another big piece of space that's useless now.

6great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:18 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Wasn't it always useless, at the same time thousands of people died making it?

7great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:28 pm

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

That's just a number.
It's been a long while too.

8great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:39 pm

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Actually the wall was quite effective, It keep the marauding hoards out of china for a very long time. The fact that the wall was not continuous was an economic factor, it became unnecessary to build in the gaps at the time it was built because no sane man would try to attack through them. Do remember that the wall was originally many separate walls that got massed together, and the project was a great way to keep the population busy and employed.

9great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:42 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

But it didn't keep the hordes out.

10great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:46 pm

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Le Caire wrote:But it didn't keep the hordes out.

it keep them out from the 5th century to the 1200's, so about 1700 years of protection. Not a bad investment if I say so myself.

11great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

the hordes never attempted to invade china seriously, unless for random raids or something

it was as effective as the Persian "none-wall" ... that kept the invaders out until the 1200s as well Rolling Eyes

12great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:44 pm

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Talwar Khan wrote:the hordes never attempted to invade china seriously, unless for random raids or something

it was as effective as the Persian "none-wall" ... that kept the invaders out until the 1200s as well Rolling Eyes

Any invasion is a serious invasion sayf, you know that's like saying the Americans didn't invade Afghanistan seriously.

13great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

5th century to 1200's =/= 1700 years

It's 800 years if you couldn't tell.

14great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:10 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

preid1220 wrote:
Talwar Khan wrote:the hordes never attempted to invade china seriously, unless for random raids or something

Any invasion is a serious invasion sayf, you know that's like saying the Americans didn't invade Afghanistan seriously.

ok then they never attempted to invade until Chengiz Khan got pissed at them

15great wall of china = useless Empty Re: great wall of china = useless Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:43 pm

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Dark Flame99966 wrote:5th century to 1200's =/= 1700 years

It's 800 years if you couldn't tell.

5th century BC? I think your a bit off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum