british crimes - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

british crimes

+5
preid1220
The Banker
ViKtory
Ahmed
Doc
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:44 pm

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

Actually there's no verse in the Quran that says a woman can't marry a non-muslim man. It's supposedly in the sunnah (prophetic tradition) although I can't find a hadith supporting this view which is odd so this ruling may as well have been derived from qiyas (analogy).
The reason the tafsir is as it is, is because there is a verse telling the believing men and women to not marry the idolaters (I think in Arabic it said kufar, I can't really remember).

In a different verse, it says a man can marry a woman of the book. There isn't another part that specifically says a woman can, but some people say that this can allow woman to marry men of the book because while it wasn't specifically mentioned, some other verses that use male pronouns include women in them as well.

The verses are 2:221 and 5:5

102british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Ameer 2

Ameer 2
NH Member
NH Member

I'll keep that in mind preid confused

And Flame 2:221 is completely irrelevant as Jews and Christians are out of the question when it comes to who is labelled as an idolater; this is confirmed by all exegetes. The original arabic word is 'mushrik' in the verse btw.

When it comes to kuffar (rejectors of faith) it is established that neither male or female muslims should marry from them(refer to surah al-mumtahanah). As the feminine taa' is used in 5:5 to refer to chaste women, that is certainly a point worth considering. Kudos for bringing that up.

103british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:16 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Muslim women can only marry Muslim men

/ irrefutable fact

104british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:23 pm

Ameer 2

Ameer 2
NH Member
NH Member

I wish that was the case (I already gave a logical analysis defending this position so i'm not troubled by it either way). Unfortunately the Quran doesn't specify this, and I really need proof from the sunnah that muslim women can only marry muslim men. There was even a debate about this subject at the 'doha debates' which is organized by the qatar foundation (in association with the BBC mind you).

105british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:26 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Ask a scholar. Muslim women could only marry Muslim men. Otherwise it's BS

/thread

106british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:28 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Surat Al-Mumtahanah verse 10

thats all i have to say about that

107british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:14 pm

Ace

Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member

Pardon for continuing to go off topic...

This is what I don't understand:

"And their Lord answereth them, `I will not suffer the work of him among you that worketh, whether of male or female, to be lost. the one of you is the issue of the other."(Q 3:195) It says men and women, while they work, are treated equally. But these two lines are pretty straightforward.

"And it is for the women to act as they (the husbands) act by them, in all fairness; but the men are a step above them."(Q 2:228)

And...

"Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the other."(Q4:34)

According the Quran the man has the right to beat his wife if A) She doesn't wear what the husband wants her to wear, B) refuse to bathe when told to do so, C) if she refuses to have intercourse, and D) if she leaves the home without her husband.

I think there's some room for improvement here.

108british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:44 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

why don't you quote the full verse for 2:228 to see what exactly in what respect men have an advantage over women?

Ace wrote:

[...]

According the Quran the man has the right to beat his wife if A) She doesn't wear what the husband wants her to wear, B) refuse to bathe when told to do so, C) if she refuses to have intercourse, and D) if she leaves the home without her husband.

I think there's some room for improvement here.

Um no, thats not what it says.

Good job "googling"

109british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 pm

Ace

Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member

I read that part off someone's essay, man.

110british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:54 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

yeah some retard with an agenda

i suggest you debate about things that you have knowledge of

111british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:11 am

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

hey sayf, I don't like that aggression. If you want to argue his point then make a counter point, not call someone a retard.

112british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:17 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

He wasn't calling Ace a retard.

So it's fine, Preid.

113british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:34 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

He has no point, he simply copied and pasted a polemic from the internet that he didn't bother to research. It doesn't have any merit if its simply not true.

And I didn't call him a retard.

114british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:47 am

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Le Caire wrote:He wasn't calling Ace a retard.

So it's fine, Preid.

that's why he didn't get a warn.

115british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 am

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

Ace, Surah 2:228
"And divorced women shall wait (as regards their marriage) for three menstrual periods, and it is not lawful for them to conceal what Allâh has created in their wombs, if they believe in Allâh and the Last Day. And their husbands have the better right to take them back in that period, if they wish for reconciliation. And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses, etc.) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect, etc.) to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise. "

Now more gems:
"I shall not lose sight of the labor of any of you who labors in My way, be it man or woman; each of you is equal to the other (3:195)"

"no human being shall be of the least avail to another human being" (82:19)

“If any do deeds of righteousness,- be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them.” (Quran 4:124)

“Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.” (Quran 16:97)

116british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Ace

Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member

I only copy/pasted the quotes, because I didn't feel like writing them myself. Lazy ftw.

"A degree of responsibility over them"? What I read suggested something different...

It's safe to say I lost this debate.

117british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Dark Flame99966

Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member

Yes, because the translations are different. They both mean that though. In Islam, men are obligated to provide for the family and take care of women, whether they be mothers, sisters, wives, etc.

Women, in turn, have to take care of the family, though it is encouraged that they seek a career if they wish to do so as long as it doesn't get in the way of their abilities as mothers (if they aren't already mothers then don't worry about it).

It's why men get twice as much inheritance as women even though Islam sees the two as equals.

118british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Ace wrote:I only copy/pasted the quotes, because I didn't feel like writing them myself. Lazy ftw.

"A degree of responsibility over them"? What I read suggested something different...

It's safe to say I lost this debate.

For authentic translations use

http://al-quran.info/?x=y#&&sura=36&aya=1&trans=en-yusuf_ali&show=both&ver=2.00

it has the widest range of translations, even ones from Westerners

Men have to take care of their wives which is why they have an "advantage" or are a "degree" over/above women.

119british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

and the british are COWARDS

they had been in India for a long time, since even before the reign of Shah Aurangzeb Alamgir (rahimullah)

They never would've done sh!t with him in power ... except get raped every which way ...

120british crimes - Page 5 Empty Re: british crimes Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Ameer 2

Ameer 2
NH Member
NH Member

In Islam, in the eyes of God, both men and women are superior and nobler to one another with respect to their piety and quantity of good deeds. Flame's nice selection of Qur'anic verses says it all. But in this life Islam says that men and women have certain roles to play that the other one shouldn't (and sometimes simply can't) in accordance with the biological/psychological differences placed in both of the genders by God; this is God's will if I might say so. Wife beating is an abhorrent sin that can't be justified by the woman simply refusing to make a sandwitch for her husband.

The Quran prohibits abusing the wife and calls it a transgression in this verse:

"And when ye have divorced women and they reach their prescribed period then retain them in fairness or set them free with fairness, and do not retain them to hurt them that ye may transgress, for whosoever shall do this, he indeed is unjust to his self..." (2:231)

By the way the word for hurt used here is 'dhiraran' which means physical abuse and not simply emotional. Injuries, bone fractures, scars...it's all a transgression of God's commands.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum