New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

stupidity i see today

Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15319
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : stupidity i see today Relaxed

stupidity i see today Empty stupidity i see today

Post by Doc Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:44 am

why are some countries butthurt over "gay rights" when there is actually a moral and ethical premise to be considered when partaking in this discussion (however much you deny it) but then you can legally desecrate the holy texts of certain religions without and legal action being taken?? i mean you can be incarcerated in some countries for denying the holocaust but then burning the jewish tanakh is permitted in that same country?? its a complete outrage when faggots are called what they are, faggots, but banning religious garb is some kind of victory?? does anyone see the complete stupidity here??
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61090
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : stupidity i see today Tired

stupidity i see today Empty Re: stupidity i see today

Post by Ahmed Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:31 pm

What's a jewish tankah?
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:43 pm

jewish "bible" .. torah and some other books ... basically the old testament
    Ameer 2
    Ameer 2
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 585
    Username Change Points : 5853
    Registration date : 2010-08-30
    Mood : stupidity i see today Mellow

Post by Ameer 2 Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Well there are lobbying groups and organizations our politicians have been proven to be subversive to that influence them to adapt to one-sided policies; this could possibly fit with a racist agenda and an ideological movement.This is almost certain to be the reason why you witness this great deal of contradiction in the West's legislative policies. Whoever these shady characters are has been debated to a great extent, and to this day our fellow conspiracy theorists haven't reached a unanimous decision. Pity.
    Nick Peter
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 375
    Username Change Points : 6289
    Registration date : 2007-10-17

Post by Nick Peter Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:40 pm

u mad, terrorist fag?

Please, this is hardly a debate worthy topic. Some people believe in holy texts, some people don't. I have the right to burn your religious text if I want to, and there's nothing you can do to stop me. It's freedom of speech and freedom of religion, the exact same reason why you can post stuff like this and not have the government knocking at your door, taking you to prison.

Gay rights, on the other hand, isn't a subjective topic. You have no right to impinge on the freedom of others, and especially to refuse a couple to marry just because they have the same gender. If it were different races, would this still be an issue? Different ages (poor example, so don't take it to the extreme)? Hell, you could probably even bring in different religions. The government can't discriminate solely on gender (and base this discrimination on a set of holy books), especially considering there's such extensive text to prevent the joining of state and religion.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and burn a Bible. Care to join me?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:48 pm

u mad, terrorist fag?

Not needed.

It's freedom of speech and freedom of religion

I believe that anything in life has a boundary. Once the freedom of speech passes a certain limit, then it is outright disrespect which shouldn't be tolerated. Think about it this way...a religion was made yesterday that said to kill all those who don't agree with them...why would you want to stop them? (Which i know the world will) Same reasons.

I'm going to go and burn a Bible. Care to join me?

Im going to have to refuse your offer because it is disrespectful...I just didn't get raised doing such things.

Everyone's different though.
    Nick Peter
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Nick Peter Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Le Caire wrote:
    u mad, terrorist fag?

Not needed.

Neither was the faggot remarks. That's just as rude and insensitive to gay people.
    It's freedom of speech and freedom of religion

I believe that anything in life has a boundary. Once the freedom of speech passes a certain limit, then it is outright disrespect which shouldn't be tolerated. Think about it this way...a religion was made yesterday that said to kill all those who don't agree with them...why would you want to stop them? (Which i know the world will) Same reasons.

Ahh, there comes in an ethical debate. You have the freedom to do things, but do you then have the freedom to impinge on the freedom of others? That's a debate I'd like to see.

I'm going to go and burn a Bible. Care to join me?
    Im going to have to refuse your offer because it is disrespectful...I just didn't grow up doing such things.

And my point gets across! Well done. Just because you can, doesn't mean it's an ethical thing. So to what extreme should your religious teachings restrict the rights of others? Two gay people can't marry because a book says they can't. Beyond that, aside from personal qualms, there is no reason they shouldn't. It's messed up that what you believe in should dictate what others can and can't do.

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Ahh, there comes in an ethical debate. You have the freedom to do things, but do you then have the freedom to impinge on the freedom of others?

I'm not impinging the freedoms of others. Rather, each and every person should know the limits and "restrict" their freedoms. Otherwise...rape, murder,theft should be completely fine...it's a totally "free" world only in that case.

So to what extreme should your religious teachings restrict the rights of others?

Well that's the people who follow the religions' problem. They are the ones that choose to follow that religion, no one forced them. Therefore, the restrictions set by religions doesn't matter.

It's messed up that what you believe in should dictate what others can and can't do.

I never said that.
    Nick Peter
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Nick Peter Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:10 am

Le Caire wrote:
    Ahh, there comes in an ethical debate. You have the freedom to do things, but do you then have the freedom to impinge on the freedom of others?

I'm not impinging the freedoms of others. Rather, each and every person should know the limits and "restrict" their freedoms. Otherwise...rape, murder,theft should be completely fine...it's a totally "free" world only in that case.

Then why are you opposed to gay marriages?

So to what extreme should your religious teachings restrict the rights of others?

Well that's the people who follow the religions' problem. They are the ones that choose to follow that religion, no one forced them. Therefore, the restrictions set by religions doesn't matter.

Actually, I'm fairly sure there are several countries where it's nearly a legal requirement to follow the local religion. And if restrictions from religion don't matter, again, why is the marriage between two same sex people not recognised in nearly all US states?

It's messed up that what you believe in should dictate what others can and can't do.

I never said that.

Never said you did. That was more of a point directed at the entire thread, not specifically your points.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:21 am

Then why are you opposed to gay marriages?

That's my stance. But I don't care if people do it. It's their lives. You see...there is a difference between having a stance, and opposing something. I'm not doing anything phsycial to oppose it. Just like you stated earlier, I have a reight to religion/believes. Therefore, I could belive that if I want to.

Actually, I'm fairly sure there are several countries where it's nearly a legal requirement to follow the local religion. And if restrictions from religion don't matter, again, why is the marriage between two same sex people not recognised in nearly all US states?

Could you tell me of these countries? That's rather interesting to know if it's true.
    Well I'm not a legislator, but I think it has to do with their stance. But you see...the difference between their stance and I is that they do actions to oppose it...I don't.

BTW it also depends on the community. For example, in Egypt, my homeland, we are a Muslim majority. Therefore we are against gays. In that case the majority of us would take action against it because we believe against that. We won't do anything if it's in private, but if it's a boasting gay person we would probably stop that...people before legislation.

Long story short...what I'm trying to say is that it depends on the community. In the US for example, they are the type that doesn't truly have any solid "values"...if Im allowed to say it that way...you could do almost w/e you want. That might be because its the country of immigrants...where people have different values.
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:28 am

is this faggot banned or not? I don't want to respond and then find out that it was for no reason
    Nick Peter
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Nick Peter Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:43 am

I'm not banned.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:52 am

No he isn't banned. He just put that sign.

And could you two act mature? Come on guys.
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:11 am

Nick Peter wrote:u mad, terrorist fag?

lol come on dude, im thinking this is a joke but you accuse me of being "insensitive" to gays by calling them "faggots" yet you call me the same? Rolling Eyes

Please, this is hardly a debate worthy topic. Some people believe in holy texts, some people don't. I have the right to burn your religious text if I want to, and there's nothing you can do to stop me. It's freedom of speech and freedom of religion, the exact same reason why you can post stuff like this and not have the government knocking at your door, taking you to prison.

The point was that its inane that you can literally commit and offense far greater than denying a historical event (holocaust denial) and get away with it but for the latter you'll face jailtime in some countries. You'll face more backlash these days for calling a homo a faggot then you will with destroying a religious text out of hate and spite. Clearly there are boundaries with things like freedom of speech too, after all, death threats are still illegal but the double standard when it comes to religion is insane. Its more than on par with inciting violence against others or death threats.

Gay rights, on the other hand, isn't a subjective topic. You have no right to impinge on the freedom of others, and especially to refuse a couple to marry just because they have the same gender. If it were different races, would this still be an issue? Different ages (poor example, so don't take it to the extreme)? Hell, you could probably even bring in different religions. The government can't discriminate solely on gender (and base this discrimination on a set of holy books), especially considering there's such extensive text to prevent the joining of state and religion.

LOL do you know the institution of marriage stems from religion, which states homosexuality to be illegal and sinful? Yeah, I'm sure laws against marriage with animals also qualifies as "impinging the freedom of others. There is clearly a line that shouldn't be transgressed with these things and gays looking to get "married" is one of them. Really, I don't care what they do but calling it marriage is an insult.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and burn a Bible. Care to join me?

No because I was raised better than to burn other peoples religious works and its actually illegal in my religion to do so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content