Evolution of the English langauge Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evolution of the English langauge

+3
Steve
Fangy
Ahmed
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Evolution of the English langauge Empty Evolution of the English langauge Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Support or Against the evolution of the English language.

Evolution=Slang

Should words like "wanna" "homied" "od" "wawling" be official since society supported them and society is what makes langauge?

2Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:29 am

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

One word: Yes.

3Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:33 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

I'll play devil's advocate:

By introducing slang into English you would be killing the language. Everything needs rules or chaos will reign.

4Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:35 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

i wish you wouldn't play devils advocate... you don't know how to play Razz

5Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:36 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

I could try.

6Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:21 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

screw language

7Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:27 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Yet you use it everyday

8Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:28 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

shutup

im using now, u mad?

9Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:29 am

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

We should adopt them because they're used everyday and understood amongst everybody. Words that are only used in certain trades or regions, however, should not be considered official words.

10Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:52 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

yeah who uses words like "thou hast art thee" u sound like a pretentious pompous homo speaking like that

11Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:54 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Chem Blade wrote:Support or Against the evolution of the English language.

Evolution=Slang

Should words like "wanna" "homied" "od" "wawling" be official since society supported them and society is what makes langauge?

lol who the hell says "wawling"??????

lmao where do u live at

12Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:02 am

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

sayf has a point.

13Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:51 am

Craig

Craig
NH Member
NH Member

Tyrant wrote:screw language
x2

14Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:40 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

In NYC

@Fang: but then you would be killing grammar. Wanna, for example, is A ver and a preposition combined.

15Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

They do it in lots of other languages.

16Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

exactly

original english was some wierd crap that u wouldnt evne understand today

wasnt even that "thou hast thee" crap was something even more archaic

17Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

So what would be the point of English class?

18Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

that depends ahmed, what is currently the point of english class?

19Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Teaches you good grammar. Not all of the class, but part of it is dedicated to that.

20Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Fangy

Fangy
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

English class teaches you to use the language as it is used today.

21Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Not really...why do I still read Shakespeare books?

Why do I write in a way that I don't talk like?

22Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

english class = retarded waste of time

23Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Just because you're bad at it doesn't make it suck Razz

It does suck though...never saw the point lol.

24Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

SHUTUP! lol i used to get my best scores in english from k-12 but then homo tests and classes after that ruined me

25Evolution of the English langauge Empty Re: Evolution of the English langauge Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Maybe because you write on your tests how you write on this forum lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum