post 8. Things that go bump in the night Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

post 8. Things that go bump in the night

bendystraws
    bendystraws
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 289
    Username Change Points : 5401
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

post 8. Things that go bump in the night Empty post 8. Things that go bump in the night

Post by bendystraws

so sleep paralysis sucks. I never knew terror until i started getting these dreams.

Let me explain what just happened in my mind (i know, dreams are boring but this is a condition which makes it cooler.)

so im lying in bed, as you are when you sleep. but sleep paralysis strikes between dreaming and waking so you will often end up in your own room. And as you may have guessed I couldn't move at all. I could see a face at my door but i couldn't tell if they were going to help me or kill me... as your still kind of dreaming you still have that sleep logic working against you, and for some reason people normally feel a kind of pure terror when in this state.

well i admit, i was trying to shout to them, and a shout where you cant move your mouth is an uneartly sound let me tell you, especially when it is the only thing you can do. after shouting for a couple of minutes i stopped and i think i came back to my senses at that point.

And back to sleep for me. Good night.
    Share this post on: reddit

Ahmed

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:32 am by Ahmed

You're going to be a paranoid crazy person!!!!

Im just playing, but yeah, I understand. Tried the doctor?

Doc

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 am by Doc

happens to me sometimes ... i end up going back to sleep and then it usually gets worst ROTFL

yeah but i stopped caring since it happened all the time at one point :S
    Ahmed

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:01 am by Ahmed

You wake up and see someone at the door trying to shoot you...or am I missing something?
    The Banker

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:55 am by The Banker

wow, thats gotta suck man :S
    bendystraws

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:41 am by bendystraws

thats just how it was last night, and no ahmed i thought he would kill me much more brutally.

i dont have it frequent enough to go to a doctor about but sayf might.

it only seems to happen to me in the winter months Smile

and thanks for your concer marwa Very Happy
    Jenny

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:39 am by Jenny

you have a hard life mate slanty
    Craig

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:41 am by Craig

Damn, I've seen something exactly like that. I hope you're cured from this thing soon!
    bendystraws

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:50 am by bendystraws

its not hard its just strange, and i dont think there is a cure, you can treat it but unless its 3 nights a week or more then theres not much point. Its much less than that for me over a whole year.

i could always just sleep with the light on, that is meant to make it happen less frequently and less servilely
    Craig

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:53 am by Craig

Yeah, my dad questioned why I always had my light on while I slept. I didn't reply but I had things like this happen to me. I always woke up almost paralyzed while staring at a certain direction I woke up at. Where, I could feel something staring back.
    Now I feel this during the day, mostly when I'm in my house.
    bendystraws

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:56 am by bendystraws

that sounds different now its happening in the day. i normally dont see faces but i can see something when im paralysed and i will normally interpret it wrong which add to the feling that something isnt right.

normally i am afraid of something im sure is about to happen rather than seeing something that says it will happen.
    Craig

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:01 am by Craig

Yeah, like you could just sense that something's going to happen, but you can't do anything about it. You just sit there and wait for it.
    I kind of felt it as I was typing that. But I've grown to ignore it.
    Tell me, when you close your eyes, what do you see? Almost imediatly I see faces, several of them. Which often have animal/beast looks to them. (Which is why I'm still a part of the Furry Fandom.)
    bendystraws

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:08 am by bendystraws

i dont see anything, like i said i only get that was a few times a year and normally in the winter months.

Its only when i wake up that i feel like that. after a few minutes im back to normal.
    Doc

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 pm by Doc

Pink Panther wrote:wow, thats gotta suck man :S

wat about me?
    Dark Flame99966

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:07 pm by Dark Flame99966

Could be a sign of stress
    bendystraws

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:14 pm by bendystraws

i do have exams
    Jenny

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:58 pm by Jenny