Driver's Ed Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driver's Ed

Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11271
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : Driver's Ed Cool

Driver's Ed Empty Driver's Ed

Post by Ace

It started on the third. In the few days I've been to that class, I have learned about a ton of things I never even would have noticed before. Like for example, I never thought a solid yellow line was different from a dotted, except for appearance (less paint used, less money used). But I have learned a few things about my teacher that are kind of freaky.

For one, his most common saying is that everyone absolutely MUST by HYPERaware while driving a vehicle. He also says that, whenever he gets inside his vehicle and closes the door, he wonders if he's closing the door to his coffin...lmao, I just think that's weird. I think he's paranoid about being hit or something.

But the thing that freaked me out the most is something I learned today. My teacher's a retired Army veteran who served in the Middle East helping people (Don't care what ya say about that) and when he started talking about crossing 4-lane 4-way intersections, he stated that we should use certain 'tactics' whenever crossing an intersection. The teacher instructed us to, if possible, stay in the middle lanes and stay between the cars on the outer lanes when crossing. He told us to use those drivers as 'meat shields' for collisions from someone running a red light. It's completely logical, but sounds kind of wrong and does seem like something he learned in the Army.

Do you think the meat shield thing is wrong or not?
    Share this post on: reddit

Ahmed

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm by Ahmed

Others need to die so you can live...

Btw what class is this?
    Ace

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:29 pm by Ace

Driver's Ed, hence the title. Razz
    Dark Flame99966

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:49 pm by Dark Flame99966

Wait, wut. If you're in the middle, then aren't you more like to get hit?
    Doc

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:57 pm by Doc

be a real man and drive on your own with ur parents (lol contradiction)

Ahmed

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:25 pm by Ahmed

@Flame...he means you wont hit a building or jump off a bridge.
    Ace

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 pm by Ace

No, I mean collide with another vehicle. If you're driving into an intersection and have a vehicle on your left and right, someone running a red light perpendicular to your lane will hit the cars beside you, and not your car.

@ Sayf I don't want to drive with my parents lol...if I made one mistake I'd never hear the end of it.
    Doc

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 pm by Doc

stfu Ace, if I breath the wrong way or something while driving my parents would wtflecture me too death.
    Ahmed

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 pm by Ahmed

Your beard could block the view of the window lmao
    Ace

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:18 pm by Ace

Lol @ you two...

I learned today that I'll be driving a 2004 Ford Taurus...man, where the heck is my Ferrari?
    bendystraws

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm by bendystraws

thats more recient than my car... mines almost as old as me.
    Doc

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:44 am by Doc

Ahmed wrote:Your beard could block the view of the window lmao

nah man its trimmed

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:31 pm