New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of the Guardians 3D (Review)

Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 10059
    Username Change Points : 19323
    Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Mood : Legend of the Guardians 3D (Review) Tired

Legend of the Guardians 3D (Review) Empty Legend of the Guardians 3D (Review)

Post by Craig Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:54 am

Okay, so I went to go see Legend of the Guardains in 3D with a friend last night... It was fun, I'll put my bits and pieces of ideas down here.
    ---
    Total Rating: 8.5
    Graphics/Details: 9
    Plot: 8
    Voices/Characters: 9.5
    ---
    Okay, so for the people who haven't read any of the books I'll tell you what it's about;
    It's about an owlet who loves his family much, but is a dreamer. His bigger brother pushes him down to the ground. The owlet gets kidnapped and gets brought to a big evil mind-controling place.... That's what is in most of the first book, so I'll stop there.

So the movie goes with how it starts (a little), but adds some things, and remove some things from the books. I think a lot of fans were disappointed about how the movie didn't really go with the books. But no movie based on books actully have so far, and this one turned out pretty decent.
    ---
    If you're going to see this in 3D, I'd suggest that you keep your glasses on the whole time, even when you're walking toward the exact theater you're going to. Everything on that screen was 3D. I didn't really like how little exciting 3D things there are in this movie, I mean I have to give it the high score because Soren (the main character) looked real the whole time, but it didn't looked like it was really popy, there were just few times you felt like they were looking at you or an object was going after you.

I think that they chose a good set of vocals for each character, Soren sounded exactly what I thought he would, when I first heard of the movie (Last Year).
    ---
    It's a good movie all around, the hardest part to keep up on was the fight scenes, they're a little fast and very short. But besides that I enjoyed sitting there bringing back a few childhood memories, wondering if bits and pieces were in the books, and looking at beautiful scenary.
    I wouldn't say it's a must see,
    but I would reccomend it to anyone, fan or not.
    ---
    BTW, this review is basicly like totally my opinion sadly, so I don't really know if you should follow it or not.

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:51 pm