Day 6: More NH references... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 6: More NH references...

Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11271
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : Day 6: More NH references... Cool

Day 6: More NH references... Empty Day 6: More NH references...

Post by Ace

From my FACS class, apparently I can join an organization called FCCLA. It means Family something something Leaders of America...Anyway, their motto is "Toward New Horizons". IT MUST BE ANOTHER SIGN!

History is actually gonna be an okay class...and Lit will totally suck.

I made two more homies in ABCA. Very Happy

I listen to my iPod through some of the school day, and I noticed today that my earphones are magnetic. Is that normal?

Grades:

Geometry: --
    History: 100
    FACS: --
    Lit: 95
    PE: --
    ABCA: 100
    Biology: 100
    Share this post on: reddit

Craig

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:46 pm by Craig

Yes, some earphones are made magnetic...
    Ace

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:58 pm by Ace

It's the metal grating that covers the actual sound-making stuff that's magnetic... and the plastic/rubber thing that covers the metal grating negates all the magnetism. So what's the point?
    Ahmed

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm by Ahmed

It becomes magnetic because of the sound waves
    Ace

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:10 pm by Ace

They're still magnetic when they're unplugged. And the earphones repel each other.
    The Banker

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:51 pm by The Banker

yup.. something to do with electromagnetic fields mate...
    Ahmed

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:56 pm by Ahmed

No lol. They are just magnetic
    The Banker

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:02 pm by The Banker

The moving coil driver, more commonly referred to as a "dynamic" driver is the most common type used in headphones. The operating principle consists of a stationary magnetic element affixed to the frame of the headphone which sets up a static magnetic field. The magnetic element in headphones is typically composed of ferrite or neodymium. The diaphragm, typically fabricated from lightweight, high stiffness to mass ratio cellulose, polymer, carbon material, or the like, is attached to a coil of wire (voice coil) which is immersed in the static magnetic field of the stationary magnet. The diaphragm is actuated by the attached voice coil, when an audio current is passed through the coil. The alternating magnetic field produced by the current through the coil reacts against the static magnetic field in turn, causing the coil and attached diaphragm to move the air, thus producing sound. Modern moving-coil headphone drivers are derived from microphone capsule technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headphones

u have a magnetic field and a current... electromagnetic, no?
    Ahmed

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:10 pm by Ahmed

The headphone is made out of magnet as I said. Magnets form magnetic field.
    The Banker

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:13 pm by The Banker

and u have an electric current..
    magnets+electricity=electromagnetic

i was never good at physics Very Happy
    Ahmed

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:42 pm by Ahmed

We were talking about the material that the headphone was made of...not what it makes.
    The Banker

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:43 pm by The Banker

my bad..
    Dark Flame99966

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm by Dark Flame99966

All earphones should be. But also: Confirmation Bias
    Ace

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 pm by Ace

Pink Panther wrote:
    The moving coil driver, more commonly referred to as a "dynamic" driver is the most common type used in headphones. The operating principle consists of a stationary magnetic element affixed to the frame of the headphone which sets up a static magnetic field. The magnetic element in headphones is typically composed of ferrite or neodymium. The diaphragm, typically fabricated from lightweight, high stiffness to mass ratio cellulose, polymer, carbon material, or the like, is attached to a coil of wire (voice coil) which is immersed in the static magnetic field of the stationary magnet. The diaphragm is actuated by the attached voice coil, when an audio current is passed through the coil. The alternating magnetic field produced by the current through the coil reacts against the static magnetic field in turn, causing the coil and attached diaphragm to move the air, thus producing sound. Modern moving-coil headphone drivers are derived from microphone capsule technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headphones

u have a magnetic field and a current... electromagnetic, no?

TOO MANY BIG WORDS. I think my brain imploded.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:20 pm