Death Penalty - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Horizons

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Penalty

Go down 
+9
Dark Flame99966
Craig
ape
Element
Steve
Doc
Ben
preid1220
Ahmed
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Craig
NH Member
NH Member
Craig

Number of posts : 10059
Username Change Points : 19323
Registration date : 2009-07-27
Mood : Death Penalty - Page 2 Tired

Death Penalty - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:15 pm

I guess I mean that, like people get hit by cars, did the driver try to automaticly try and pull off a direct 90○ turn?
I'd guess not, because life isn't a movie...
But crazy people can get put in the hunger games too. Razz
Back to top Go down
ape
NH Member
NH Member
ape

Number of posts : 27
Username Change Points : 5258
Registration date : 2010-06-26
Mood : Death Penalty - Page 2 Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:21 pm

Craig wrote:
But what if the person that killed didn't know what they were doing. I mean with modern time kids make their own decisions, yes I understand that, but they also take lives without meaning to.
I think that for rape, they shouldn't be given death by the one who was raped. But instead they should be in deep trouble.
For any big offencive crime. I would perfer to have something like the main event in "The Hunger Games"

Say you ran some one over and killed some one then ok you took a life but you did not mean to then ok they have to live with that the rest of there life ...BUT if you ran some one down in your car and meant to do it then your going for Death.

As i said before take a life loose a life... as for kids killing others that is down to the mums and dads they should bring there kids up to help others not to kill them... Nost kids see this killing on Video games and tv and think its ok to do it so mums and dads should stop them kids seeing things like that.... i think that iif a young lag girl takes a life then says they did not mean it, They should be locked up for about 20 years and then let them out on tag for the rest of there lifes but you have to make sure them kids ahve not ever done anything like that before.
Back to top Go down
http://achatworld.darkbb.com/portal.htm
Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member
Dark Flame99966

Number of posts : 6018
Username Change Points : 8587
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm for the death penalty under the current conditions.
As for death penalty for murder, to be convicted of murder you need three things:
-Enough evidence saying you did the crime
-Intent
-Planning

If it was a spur of the moment or an accident, you're getting put for manslaughter
Back to top Go down
Dina
NH Member
NH Member
Dina

Number of posts : 287
Username Change Points : 5532
Mood : Death Penalty - Page 2 Cheerful

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:02 pm

I agree with Flame
I believe in death penalty, if you kill someone intentionally then you've lost any kind of humanity left in you & I don't think people should sympathize with this kind of person. besides, having a death penalty is like a warning sign for anyone who thinks that he's living in one big chaotic mess where he can go around killing & ending lives with no strict punishment to what he's done
Back to top Go down
preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
preid1220

Number of posts : 10749
Username Change Points : 12013
Registration date : 2007-11-06
Mood : Death Penalty - Page 2 Stressed

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Dina wrote:
I agree with Flame
I believe in death penalty, if you kill someone intentionally then you've lost any kind of humanity left in you & I don't think people should sympathize with this kind of person. besides, having a death penalty is like a warning sign for anyone who thinks that he's living in one big chaotic mess where he can go around killing & ending lives with no strict punishment to what he's done

and what if your case is not tried fairly? lets say you are accused for killing mr.blank, and are falsely convicted by a jury of your piers who simply want to get the case over with quickly and get on with there lives. Now you are dead and the true killer is caught on another case, would your death not be meaningless?
Back to top Go down
SmexyGenius
NH Member
NH Member
SmexyGenius

Number of posts : 981
Username Change Points : 6874
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:30 pm

Pro Death Penalty....it's sort of a common sense thing. You kill an innocent person, you deserve to die as well.
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

Number of posts : 51452
Username Change Points : 61089
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 pm

I'm amazed that most peoplebhere are pro death penalty...so am I.
Back to top Go down
preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
preid1220

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 pm

preid1220 wrote:
Dina wrote:
I agree with Flame

and what if your case is not tried fairly? lets say you are accused for killing mr.blank, and are falsely convicted by a jury of your piers who simply want to get the case over with quickly and get on with there lives. Now you are dead and the true killer is caught on another case, would your death not be meaningless?

bumb referral to post above mine.
Back to top Go down
Dina
NH Member
NH Member
Dina

Number of posts : 287
Username Change Points : 5532
Mood : Death Penalty - Page 2 Cheerful

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:45 am

preid1220 wrote:
Dina wrote:
I agree with Flame

1st of all I said I agree with Flame in having enough evidence before being convicted of murder, 2nd of all, I'm not saying applying the law is gonna be 100% right all the time, there will be error just like any other human-based judgment...& it's not worse to be convicted wrongfully with murder & be sent to jail for 25 or more years than being sent to death...in both cases you are convicted & in both cases you're a murderer....besides, it's gonna be the judge & the jury who will have to live with it, may be that will get him to look for more evidence of his innocence other than convicting him.
Back to top Go down
Justice
NH Member
NH Member
Justice

Number of posts : 741
Username Change Points : 6401
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Mood : Death Penalty - Page 2 Busy

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:19 am

What if the conviction was a mistake? Would'nt you be killing the wrong person? Many people have died because of mistakes even with DNA and all that forensic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:20 am

Well...then the death penalty should only happen if there is 100% true evidence.
Back to top Go down
preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
preid1220

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:32 am

Ahmed IV wrote:
Well...then the death penalty should only happen if there is 100% true evidence.

no such things Ahmed, everything has the possibility to be mistaken and false evidence is often taken for true. I suggest you read the play 12 angry men to get a better understanding on how a false conviction can be easy to acquire.
Back to top Go down
Dark Flame99966
NH Member
NH Member
Dark Flame99966

Number of posts : 6018
Username Change Points : 8587
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Quote :
You can just as easily ask for a judge to try your case and no jury, or try getting your conviction repealed. After that there's still a possibility and calling the conviction unconstitutional if you can bs your way to the Supreme Court. And you're usually on death row for around 5 years, it's so slow that by the time you're about to get killed, you can make another case for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:22 pm

I saw the movieb of it pried...it was funny lol
Back to top Go down
preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
preid1220

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Ahmed IV wrote:
I saw the movieb of it pried...it was funny lol

funny 0.o

Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Yeah that fat guy was angry and he started throwing paper balls at the fan lol
Back to top Go down
preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
preid1220

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Ahmed IV wrote:
Yeah that fat guy was angry and he started throwing paper balls at the fan lol
read the book
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Never! Movies FTW!
Back to top Go down
preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
preid1220

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:51 pm

Ahmed IV wrote:
Never! Movies FTW!

then watch the Russian one.
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Tell Lev to watch that.
Back to top Go down
Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member
Ace

Number of posts : 4361
Username Change Points : 11270
Registration date : 2010-03-18
Mood : Death Penalty - Page 2 Cool

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm pro death penalty.

Have any of you heard of the Oklahoma City Bombing? One man put a bomb near a gov building and killed 168 people. Like 12 of those were infants. He also admitted that he had made the bomb and placed it outside the building. How could that person not deserve a death penalty?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Penalty   Death Penalty - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Penalty
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2