A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

2 posters

A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying

Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14227
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying Cheerful

A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying Empty A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying

Post by Fangy Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:42 am

Fang wrote:
    A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying
    Written By Fang.

This guide will explain anything and everything you need to know before you start using the Roleplaying section of New Horizons. If you ever need help in your entire Roleplaying career, then just search through this guide! You'll find an answer to anything you might be wondering about, right here!

What is Roleplaying?
    Roleplaying is essentially writing a story with other people. You pick or make up a character, and "control" or play as that character. The point is to keep it fun and interesting while making all of it up as you go! Be sure to type as well as possible instead of using Internet shorthand that you may normally communicate with.

What Constitutes a Good Post?
    Here's an example of a bad post, followed by a better one with the same meaning.
    nd den he went 2 kill da big beast dat wuz bad
    Now a better post with the same meaning.
    At that point, our hero Yuri departed from his depressed, run down village in search of fame and pride. He decided, as was appropriate for the time, to slay the horrifying, ten foot tall monster that had caused any misery in Yuri's town.
    As you can see, the point of Roleplaying is to create a story with the ability to form images in readers' and other players' minds. Try to be as descriptive as possible when roleplaying. Don't leave out a single detail from the process.

How Do I Join A Roleplaying Game?
    So, now you know what is expected of you as a roleplayer. You want to join a roleplaying game? This is how.
    An app, or application, is how you join. Somewhere in the first post-generally toward the end-will be the application form. This will be the basic format of the application you fill out. It will include all general details, like name, age, race, gender, etc. It will also contain two spaces for:
    a) Detailed description, containing all the information the other players need to know.
    b) The character's past, for example, where he/she grew up, and events that occured early on in your character's life.
    Once you have filled out the application, submit it. If it is complete, the leader of the RPG will accept or decline it. He/she should always accept it unless it is incomplete, or unreasonable. When it's accepted, and the roleplay begins, you can post to add to the story.

How Do I Make A Roleplaying Game?
    Well, now you know how to join an RPG. But, you want to make your own, of course. How do you do this?
    First off, you must provide a description of the entire roleplaying game. This includes why it is occuring, what the main characters are, and the application for the players to fill out. The application must include, but is not limited to, name, gender, age, species (if necessary), race (if necessary), description, and history. There are many other things you can add, but those are necessary. Once you have all of those, you're ready!

The General Application Form
    Feel free to just copy and paste this into the Roleplay.
    Code:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Species:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]
    Tell me if you can't see anything past Species.

I have much, much more to add, but I felt it was necessary to publish this now.

Thank you for reading, and have fun roleplaying!
    ~Fang~
    Coolmeia
    Coolmeia
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 2583
    Username Change Points : 9487
    Registration date : 2009-03-26
    Mood : A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying Lonely

A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying Empty Re: A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying

Post by Coolmeia Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:12 pm

Who do I give my app to?
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14227
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : A Beginner's Guide to Roleplaying Cheerful

Post by Fangy Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Post it in the topic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:30 am