A sacrifice Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

A sacrifice

van nido
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 118
    Username Change Points : 6177
    Registration date : 2007-11-20

A sacrifice Empty A sacrifice

Post by van nido Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Notes: People since this is not my first lenguage, there might be some grammar errors, and roleplayers, I think you know that im not a good writter but I put effort, trying to learn this lenguage and many others

A sacrifice

A long wail accompanied the opening of the mausoleum door. The door shut and soon the echo of heavily armoured feet threatened to wake the occupants.

The doors were shut but they didn't block out the distant sounds of ballistae striking stone walls, the sound of metal hitting metal, the screams of the dying.

Lord Darian came to a stop in the centre chamber of the mausoleum. Generations of his family lay in this room and in the hallways that spread out from this central hub.

In front of him lay a sarcophaegus with a bas-relief of a woman lying in peaceful slumber. He stood before it and clenched his fists. Outside the sounds of war came closer.

"I tried, Lord knows I tried.

"I remember when Father took me down here for the first time. I was so scared of ghosts and ghouls that all I really wanted was to run. Now I've run here, Mother.

"Father warned me that one day war would come and I had to be ready for it. I thought I was ready for it. I studied so hard, I gave up my life to make sure that when I was King I would be able to take care of our people.

"Now here I stand, Mother. I've failed. Our people are dying outside and here I will make my last stand.

"I've come to talk to you many times, I miss you even though I never got the chance to know you. I've never asked you for anything but if you can help me now, Mother, please. Our people need me."

Darian sunk to his knees, sobbing, when he felt a light touch on his shoulder. He spun, hand diving towards his sword. There was no one there.

"Darian you are a good King, as good a King as your Father was." A wispy voice echoed.

"But I've failed, Mother."

"You haven't failed. There are always things that cannot be controlled. Your Father never learned that lesson either. Not all enemies can be overcome.”

"Our people are doomed." A touch lifted Darian's head and he saw his Mother standing in front of him, barely visible.

"A good King knows sacrifice, Darian. I can save our people, if you're willing to sacrifice." She held out her arms. Darian stared at her and then nodded, wiping the tears from his eyes and striding forward to embrace the Mother he had never known.

Behind him he heard creaking, rasping, and the thumping of casket lids. Ghosts, ghouls, zombies, dread knights, all the things he feared as a boy were making their way down the halls. In front of him he saw the top slide off of the second sarcophaegus and his Father stepped out. A lich in his horrible glory, the crown atop his head glistened. He picked up the sword that had lain atop his case for years and swung it forward, directing his dread army to repel the foreign invaders.

"Thank you, Mother." Darian whispered before his eyes glazed over and he sunk to the ground.

Rate, critiquize or make opinions of my story, this was created of 2 weeks long.