Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official First Day of School Thread

+5
preid1220
IR
Craig
Ahmed
Doc
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official First Day of School Thread

Post by Hassan Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:08 am

last year's chaotic now....too much going on...college applications are biting me
Hassan
Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
Username Change Points : 10569
Registration date : 2007-10-23
Mood : Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Busy

Back to top Go down

Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Official First Day of School Thread

Post by preid1220 Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Hassan wrote:last year's chaotic now....too much going on...college applications are biting me

if you think intimate objects are biting you then you should see your doctor or take a vacation
preid1220
preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
Username Change Points : 12013
Registration date : 2007-11-06
Mood : Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Stressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:54 pm

forget it

Last edited by Sayfullah on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : blah)
Doc
Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
Username Change Points : 15318
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Mood : Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Relaxed

Back to top Go down

Post by IR Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:29 pm

I have a horrible, horrible time in the English 1A class today. Sad . I wish I could disappear each time the instructor look at me. Today as usually, I'm very happy to go to class. When I came in, I saw there were about 14 name that the instructor wrote on the board, and my name is in there too. So, he call each person who have the name wrote on the board and he took each of us outside of the class to have a chat. I was a little nervous cause I don't know what is going on. My turn is up, I walk with him out side class. So, we stood face to face and he look directly in my face (very serious look) Then he told me that I got 64% on my essay composition. I have so many grammar errors. He ask me "Why? and what would I do from now on?" I really don't know what to answer back to him. So I just stood there silently. Then, he continued by saying with the writing like this. I will automatic fail his class. he then say that would drop me from class. After I heard this, I don't know why I just cry. The tear just came out of my eyes non-stop. His face turn really red by seeing me crying. He then didn't say any thing else further, and took me back inside class and call on another one.

I felt really really bad today, and during today lecture, I felt so embarrassed each time that he looked at me. AAAAHHHHH, I even felt humiliated now when ever I think about it.

I also called some of the friends who already took his class before and ask about this. They told me that I'm so fool Sad They said that have happen to most of the person in his class especially those who english is second language. They told me that when he ask "why" and what would i do? I should tell him that I will try by best to improve on my next essay. I will go to the lab to seek for help, etc.... instead of crying like that. I don't know why at that time, there is nothing in my head, I can't say anything like the other student would say. I just felt bad now. I felt like I don't want to go to that class no more Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 2a9xgs2Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 2a9xgs2Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 2a9xgs2
IR
IR
NH Pink
NH Pink

Number of posts : 2940
Username Change Points : 7160
Registration date : 2009-08-11
Mood : Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Yeehaw

Back to top Go down

Post by preid1220 Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:57 pm

IRezev wrote:I have a horrible, horrible time in the English 1A class today. Sad . I wish I could disappear each time the instructor look at me. Today as usually, I'm very happy to go to class. When I came in, I saw there were about 14 name that the instructor wrote on the board, and my name is in there too. So, he call each person who have the name wrote on the board and he took each of us outside of the class to have a chat. I was a little nervous cause I don't know what is going on. My turn is up, I walk with him out side class. So, we stood face to face and he look directly in my face (very serious look) Then he told me that I got 64% on my essay composition. I have so many grammar errors. He ask me "Why? and what would I do from now on?" I really don't know what to answer back to him. So I just stood there silently. Then, he continued by saying with the writing like this. I will automatic fail his class. he then say that would drop me from class. After I heard this, I don't know why I just cry. The tear just came out of my eyes non-stop. His face turn really red by seeing me crying. He then didn't say any thing else further, and took me back inside class and call on another one.

I felt really really bad today, and during today lecture, I felt so embarrassed each time that he looked at me. AAAAHHHHH, I even felt humiliated now when ever I think about it.

I also called some of the friends who already took his class before and ask about this. They told me that I'm so fool Sad They said that have happen to most of the person in his class especially those who english is second language. They told me that when he ask "why" and what would i do? I should tell him that I will try by best to improve on my next essay. I will go to the lab to seek for help, etc.... instead of crying like that. I don't know why at that time, there is nothing in my head, I can't say anything like the other student would say. I just felt bad now. I felt like I don't want to go to that class no more Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 2a9xgs2Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 2a9xgs2Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 2a9xgs2

Don't be so down, we are all hear for you. if you even need help just make a topic and i am sure all of us will come rushing to the aid. I know how hard a second language can be and you astound me with how well you are able to communicate! if i was in your shoes i would be glad i got a 64 not sad!
preid1220
preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
Username Change Points : 12013
Registration date : 2007-11-06
Mood : Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Stressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:01 pm

does he know English is your second language? I would advise you to tell you prof and seek help in correcting grammatical errors ... and if that doesn't work (but believe me, it will) then drop the class ... and if you can't drop and its really not going well, withdraw ...
Doc
Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
Username Change Points : 15318
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Mood : Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Relaxed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmed Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:16 pm

All you need is practice. I believe that he was probably thinking that by discouraging you you will try your hardest. A weird logic, I know. But that's how some people think.

Like those people that make you suffer for the better you.
Ahmed
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
Username Change Points : 61089
Registration date : 2007-10-14
Mood : Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Tired

Back to top Go down

Post by IR Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks sayfuliah and Ahmed for the support and cheer me up. I guess of course he knows english is my second language cause I have a very heavy accent. Well, I was kinda shocked because this is the 1st time that I encounter with the situation like this but I'm Ok now. I already sign up for the english lab and have a tutor. I'm looking forward to next essay composition. Let's see what will happening on the next essay. I decide to continue and not withdraw. I will try by best, I don't want to drop class since this is my very 1st semester at college. I believe I can do it.
IR
IR
NH Pink
NH Pink

Number of posts : 2940
Username Change Points : 7160
Registration date : 2009-08-11
Mood : Official First Day of School Thread - Page 2 Yeehaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2