Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
runawayhorses
Andre
Doc
Chris
Hassan
Placids
jj16802
Mutt
Steve
Fangy
preid1220
Ahmed
16 posters

Mod Elections '09

Poll

Vote

[ 10 ]
    Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Bar_left50%Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Bar_left15%Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Bar_left35%Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Bar_right [35%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Poll closed
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15319
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Relaxed

Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Empty Re: Mod Elections '09

Post by Doc Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:13 am

Honestly, Mutt just joined ... so how does he have more votes than Fang? As for preid, he has been around forever ... but has recieved criticism when he was a mod ... and he's really annoying and needs to quit with the annoying rhetoric Rolling Eyes
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 11444
    Registration date : 2007-11-29

Post by Steve Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:32 am

You and fang are new guys.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:47 am

Yeah i sent the admin a pm about it. We are closely watching the votes.
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 12014
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Stressed

Post by preid1220 Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:51 am

i don't use the event master account anymore, but my nephew had access to my computer when i was away. i have the pass word on remember so if i did get a vote from it ill just delete it.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:55 am

its easier if you just make sure you vote for yourself with it, then we can just take 1 away at the end and be sure where that vote is.
    Chris
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15
    Username Change Points : 5616
    Registration date : 2009-06-20
    Mood : Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Bored

Post by Chris Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:36 am

preid1220 wrote:I do say that someone who had barely 5 posts lacks power. I have never written in suck brainless manners and you obviously only joined to support mutt seeing that your only post is in the election topic, I would go as far to say that you may even be a second account created by ether mutt or another member to provide a free vote and no fears about discouraging other members. I know my grammar may not be the best at times but a good sense of judgment is more important. On a final note I ask that you keep your head down unless you want it to be bitten off.
    Again, you wish to accuse me of simply being made to vote? 'Made'? Is this how you treat all human beings? Wow, you have lost my vote completely now... if you were to become mod, any chance of me staying on this forum would be gone. I actually joined, because in MSN, Ptolemy (GFX Artist) told me to come because most people sucked a GFX here (in a nicer way), and I could learn something (he's like my teacher o.O). As it turned out, you guys used Forumotion. I completely loathe forumotion, and cannot use it. So I didn't post. I said I wasn't going to do it. Then a little while later, Mutt came in chat and said that he was running for mod elections on NH. I replied, 'NH?' completely forgetting this forum altogether. I then realized what he had meant, and checked here. I've chatted with Mutt a lot, and I think I know him well enough to say that he would definitely be the best for this position... far better than preid... and I personally think he would be a little bit better than Fang. If you want to accuse me of being 'made' just for this topic, then do so. Also, I would think that a 'noble member' would know better than to accuse someone of being a second account, when he could just ask the admin whether me and Mutt's IP's are the same or not (if Forumotion even allows you to do that). I only joined because Ptolemy forced me to. And to be quite truthful, I don't like many people here. I don't like the discussions here. I got myself involved in this, and that's it. I may leave right after this. I may stay to give you guys a chance, but so far, you guys have proved to me that New Horizons isn't worth the time. Nice job welcoming members, Preid.

Honestly, Mutt just joined ... so how does he have more votes than
    Fang? As for preid, he has been around forever ... but has recieved
    criticism when he was a mod ... and he's really annoying and needs to
    quit with the annoying rhetoric
    You cannot disclude Mutt just because he 'just joined'. The voting is for who would be the best for moderation. As for the part about Preid, I'm sure you would know better about him, but as for me... I couldn't exactly stay at this forum because of him and solely him.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14228
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Cheerful

Post by Fangy Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:23 am

Stop the goddamn fighting.

Can't we just get along? If Preis gave himself a free vote, it would be taken away. You know that, Chris and Mutt. And may I ask where Mutt got his 3rd vote?
    Chris
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Chris Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:33 am

Fang wrote:Stop the goddamn fighting.

Can't we just get along? If Preis gave himself a free vote, it would be taken away. You know that, Chris and Mutt. And may I ask where Mutt got his 3rd vote?
    I dunno where Mutt got his third vote. Why should we know?

Also, I never accused Preid of giving himself a vote, although, I think that is totally possible.
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by preid1220 Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:52 am

Chris you stated that you do not care about NewHorizons in any way, yes? if so i would kindly ask you to leave and never return. no one is forcing you to stay hear and all you do is talk big for a small fry. You only tarnish the reputations of Ptolemy and mutt who i find to be very respectable people. I do not doubt that mutt would make a good mod but at the same time he lacks experience on the forum and may not be the best choice, if these elections were held in 3 months i would gladly vote for him. Chris i find your pugnacious attitude very repulsive and before you post you should think your words over carefully.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:03 am

he had 3 so he removed one now, he said it was his cousin. I'm sorry about yesterday I was being an ass.

Mutts third vote isn't suspicious, I think I know who it is.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:20 am

Anime, was it?
    Chris
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Chris Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:23 pm

preid1220 wrote:Chris you stated that you do not care about NewHorizons in any way, yes? if so i would kindly ask you to leave and never return. no one is forcing you to stay hear and all you do is talk big for a small fry. You only tarnish the reputations of Ptolemy and mutt who i find to be very respectable people. I do not doubt that mutt would make a good mod but at the same time he lacks experience on the forum and may not be the best choice, if these elections were held in 3 months i would gladly vote for him. Chris i find your pugnacious attitude very repulsive and before you post you should think your words over carefully.
    I didn't want to join. I joined, and then I decided to become active with the community, which I heard was great. Then Mutt told me there were mod elections, so I looked at them. I looked at who was there and I made a decision. You people flamed my decision, and you ask me to leave and never return. What kind of screwed up place is this?
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:39 pm

It's just odd that Mutt, a new member, has the most votes.
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by preid1220 Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Chris wrote:
    preid1220 wrote:Chris you stated that you do not care about NewHorizons in any way, yes? if so i would kindly ask you to leave and never return. no one is forcing you to stay hear and all you do is talk big for a small fry. You only tarnish the reputations of Ptolemy and mutt who i find to be very respectable people. I do not doubt that mutt would make a good mod but at the same time he lacks experience on the forum and may not be the best choice, if these elections were held in 3 months i would gladly vote for him. Chris i find your pugnacious attitude very repulsive and before you post you should think your words over carefully.
    I didn't want to join. I joined, and then I decided to become active with the community, which I heard was great. Then Mutt told me there were mod elections, so I looked at them. I looked at who was there and I made a decision. You people flamed my decision, and you ask me to leave and never return. What kind of screwed up place is this?

this place is not screwed up at all but we just dont take kindly to people like you. i could tell from your first post that you would be nothing but trouble.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61090
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Tired

Post by Ahmed Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Pried, my friend, I give you a verbal warning for flaming.

Pried1220 wrote:if so i would kindly ask you to leave and never return

and

Pried1220 wrote:we just dont take kindly to people like you

This breaks rule number 3 of no flaming. It's true that he said he wants to leave, but that doesn't mean that you encourage him to do so...

As for Chris...

Chris you could disagree with other people on this forum, you could hate members of this forum and you could even hate this forum, but please when writing on this forum show a bit of respect to it. Thank You.
    -------------------------------------
    Pried, old sport, why don't you look at the glass that is half full and not half empty? Chris told you that he won't vote for you because you have bad writing and grammar. Instead of taking this in a bad way, look at the good side. Look at this as something you could improve upon, and maybe, just maybe, may Chris change his mind about you and a miracle might happen and he might vote for you Smile

Chris, I can't blame you since you are still new, but it would seem appropriate that you recognize Pried's improvement in grammar and writing. This was how Pried's very first post looked like:

preid1220 wrote:hello i'm the tipe of peron who likes to make you Laughing and make fun of my frend's who i will not talk about cus he's my clan leader. i'm now to the screenshot world but am learning and will probubly rant on about it to mutch. i sometimes read book's study but who needs book's when you can play runescape. i sleap in math class at school Sleep but when am i ever going to need to pay attenchon hear let me show off my smartness 2+2=fish

P.S. i miss spell every other word but who cares?

As you can see, there is a huge improvement from back then till today. Wink
    ----------------------------
    For everyone who thinks that Chris was "made" to vote for Mutt. I assure you, that I checked his IP address, and he is an independent member, in other words no one "made" him to cheat.
    Chris, I understand that you dislike Forumtion (I personally use it because I think it is the best host, in terms of its mass capabilities and it gets updated often), and maybe this forum as a whole. I would suggest that instead of just telling us this, maybe you could share some suggestions on how we could improve this forum Smile . Suggestions would be gladly looked into and maybe implemented.
    Till now I didn't vote but congratulate Mutt so far, for having the highest amounts of votes. thumbs up

BTW, a word of advice t Fang, instead of complaining that you won't win, try persuading people to vote for you Wink , that's how you win elections.
    Finally, I have decided this. Whoever votes must write a post on this topic saying that "I have voted" . You do not need to say who you voted for, but you need to say that you voted.

This will ensure that this is a fair election since the number of votes must match the number of posts that said that they voted, at the end.

Last edited by Don Ahmeto IV on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:11 pm

i have voted
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 11228
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood : Mod Elections '09 - Page 3 Paranoid

Post by jj16802 Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:31 pm

My vote is in.
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:27 pm

I have voted
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Fang wrote:It's just odd that Mutt, a new member, has the most votes.

Fo real ... this dude just got here and he's already tied for first?
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:31 pm

I voted.

Sayf either voted for Preid or Mutt...
    Andre
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 5
    Username Change Points : 5835
    Registration date : 2008-10-27

Post by Andre Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:34 pm

I have a question,

Why is there a vote on mods and the admin not choose one ?

In essence, a mod should not be about the one that is more popular, a mod is one that should have already demonstrated the ability to handle situations and be diplomatically positive in that role. I believe the Admin should choose one that he/she feels that can work with the rest of the team rather than the one who is more popular.

In having to choose a mod by popularity, it already creates enough pressure for the incumbent to favor the person who has voted for him/her over the one that hasn't. Even though this is a secret ballot, rumours do fly and soon enough it is know who voted for whom.

Just my opinion, take it as you will.

Andre

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content