Should the USA split up? - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

+7
ECarminan
Razor
Fangy
jj16802
preid1220
Theory
Ahmed
11 posters

Should the USA split up?

Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10569
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : Should the USA split up? - Page 3 Busy

Should the USA split up? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should the USA split up?

Post by Hassan Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:07 pm

but majors issues have divided the nation, once even breaking it for four years...

and this depression is better than the one before...
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 55
    Username Change Points : 6070
    Registration date : 2008-03-30

Post by Phoenix Rider Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:56 am

But the Civil War wasn't caused by the same factors that Ahmed was trying to put forward Hassan. I wanted a scenario and he claimed economic failure. But that wasn't the factor that brought civil war to the U.S.

The current economic crisis is not enough to tear that country. Obama already has an economic plan ready within 2 months of his presidency. That is more than wat I can say for Bush's economic programs. Economists have already stated that if run correctly, the economy can see full repair and recovery by next year. There is a new leadership in Washington with a 68% approval rate. It is silly to think a succession can occur.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10569
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : Should the USA split up? - Page 3 Busy

Post by Hassan Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:55 am

I hope his plan works....it has to.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Should the USA split up? - Page 3 Tired

Post by Ahmed Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:05 pm

I said, splitting up...not anarchy Phoneix

Secondly, what I know is that whenevr anything major liek this recission happens...something major is doomed to happen, weather that mean countries unite, split, countrie slose superpower statues, or gain.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14227
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : Should the USA split up? - Page 3 Cheerful

Post by Fangy Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:53 pm

Are you suggesting the Confederate States form a rebellion, again?

The KKK has no ability to asassinate Obama...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Well yes I am
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Phoenix Rider Mon May 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Ahmed IV wrote:I said, splitting up...not anarchy Phoneix

Secondly, what I know is that whenevr anything major liek this recission happens...something major is doomed to happen, weather that mean countries unite, split, countrie slose superpower statues, or gain.

A thousand apologies for my absence.

And what pray tell was the disaster that took place during the great Depression? How was the unity of the nation put in grave danger?

And plz, the kkk? Those guys have less than 10,000 core members, many of whom are montored by the FBI. A single mistake ans snipers can pick them out before they can even chant a war cry. Those guys won't be able to muster a force strong enough to succeed from the Union buddy.

And neither does the confederate states. A recent polling taken proves that nealy all the citizens of the "southern states" support keeping with the Union. The greatest call to succeed is Texas, with only about 20% of the populace calling for succesion.. That's not enough buddy. Any formal succesion can only take place with a referendum or election of some sort in which the people vote on whether they can succeed from the Union or not. Even if they can muster more than 50% I expect any form of independance movement to be crushed within days. The moment Texas calls for independants, Army regiments will reach Dallas within the wekk. They have no chance. No succesion force can get enough arms to fight of the American Armed forces.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon May 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Phoenix Rider wrote:

And what pray tell was the disaster that took place during the great Depression? How was the unity of the nation put in grave danger?

And plz, the kkk? Those guys have less than 10,000 core members, many of whom are montored by the FBI. A single mistake ans snipers can pick them out before they can even chant a war cry. Those guys won't be able to muster a force strong enough to succeed from the Union buddy.

And neither does the confederate states. A recent polling taken proves that nealy all the citizens of the "southern states" support keeping with the Union. The greatest call to succeed is Texas, with only about 20% of the populace calling for succesion.. That's not enough buddy. Any formal succesion can only take place with a referendum or election of some sort in which the people vote on whether they can succeed from the Union or not. Even if they can muster more than 50% I expect any form of independance movement to be crushed within days. The moment Texas calls for independants, Army regiments will reach Dallas within the wekk. They have no chance. No succesion force can get enough arms to fight of the American Armed forces.

You see too much in the American armed forces...that can't win in Afghanistan, Iraq and lost Veitnamn.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Mon May 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Veitnam was pointless...

Afghanistan not being won is Bush's fault.

Iraq should have never happened.

Now we have a responsible leader who knows what to do
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 pm

I think he came a bit late Fang.
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Phoenix Rider Tue May 05, 2009 8:47 am

Ahmed IV wrote:
    Phoenix Rider wrote:

You see too much in the American armed forces...that can't win in Afghanistan, Iraq and lost Veitnamn.

I consider their mission objective to take out Saddam Hussein and install a democratic government in Iraw as a success really. I don't support their initial invasion but looking at what their objectives were, I would have to say they won. (At least I think that was teir original objective. bush may have done it for the oil but that's another story. Wink ) The security situation in Iraq is steadily improving, They will be out by 2011 and I think with a little help, the Iraqi government is more than capable in securing the nation. Having the world's 2nd largest oil supply helps when ur trying to rebuild a state.

Afghanistan needs work. Bush really neglected that place and more troops need to be pushed in to fight back against the insrugents.

But this is irrelevant. What Im trying to say is that they are the world's most armed state. Surely a succesion force has no chance of forming with a army like that? Any attempt will be crushed witin days. There is little citizen backing and little political momentum as I explained earlier.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 pm

Phoenix Rider wrote:
    Ahmed IV wrote:
    Phoenix Rider wrote:

I consider their mission objective to take out Saddam Hussein and install a democratic government in Iraw as a success really. I don't support their initial invasion but looking at what their objectives were, I would have to say they won. (At least I think that was teir original objective. bush may have done it for the oil but that's another story. Wink ) The security situation in Iraq is steadily improving, They will be out by 2011 and I think with a little help, the Iraqi government is more than capable in securing the nation. Having the world's 2nd largest oil supply helps when ur trying to rebuild a state.

Afghanistan needs work. Bush really neglected that place and more troops need to be pushed in to fight back against the insrugents.

But this is irrelevant. What Im trying to say is that they are the world's most armed state. Surely a succesion force has no chance of forming with a army like that? Any attempt will be crushed witin days. There is little citizen backing and little political momentum as I explained earlier.

You are correct Wink . Let's take te president out and let bloodbath occur everyday and make Iraq a piece of hell...if you look at it that way, then yes mission accomplished. There is no one day that passes in Iraq without people being killed...

It is relevent buddy. It shows that the world's strongest army couldn't beat farmers with pitchforks in veitnamn.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Tue May 05, 2009 10:23 pm

If this is an argument about power, Ahmed, you should know that the U.S. and Russia together have enough bombs to completely destroy the Earth like 10 times. That is completely remove it from the solar system. So don't question our power.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed May 06, 2009 7:13 pm

They would also destroy themselves by doing that...so there is no point to such power.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Wed May 06, 2009 11:29 pm

Yes, but you are saying we don't have power. There is no question that we have power.
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Phoenix Rider Thu May 07, 2009 9:24 am

Ahmed IV wrote:
    You are correct Wink . Let's take te president out and let bloodbath occur everyday and make Iraq a piece of hell...if you look at it that way, then yes mission accomplished. There is no one day that passes in Iraq without people being killed...

It is relevent buddy. It shows that the world's strongest army couldn't beat farmers with pitchforks in Vietnam.

To say that the North Vietnamese army was merely nothing more than "farmers with pitchforks" displays the level of ignorance u have. And to say that it was those same "farmers with pitchforks" that beat the Americans only instills that. The defeat in Vietnam was the result of the U.S's lack of experience in jungle warfare, the lack of will power amongst the South Vietnamese to defend their country, the economic burden on the U.S economy, the lack of support at home...etc...etc. God's sake Ahmed. Plz don't tell me u think the U.S lost against farmers and that they lost simply because they lacked military power. U make me laugh buddy.

And yes, I agree. Iraq was a mistake. But it's good to see they are trying to correct it now. At least now with a democratic government installed and stability and repair steadily increasing, the deaths of the many will not go in vain.

But anyway, all this is irrelevant. U still haven't answered my points. How can an armed rebellion take place within the U.S with little civilian backing and limited arms capability. How could a state sieze enough weaponry in time to take down the government in Washington? Why would they throw away the democracy they worked so hard for just for the sake our war? Pretty stupid right?
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Thu May 07, 2009 4:09 pm

To make the US safer, Obama might ban assault weapons.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Phoenix Rider wrote:
    Ahmed IV wrote:

It is relevent buddy. It shows that the world's strongest army couldn't beat farmers with pitchforks in Vietnam.

To say that the North Vietnamese army was merely nothing more than "farmers with pitchforks" displays the level of ignorance u have. And to say that it was those same "farmers with pitchforks" that beat the Americans only instills that. The defeat in Vietnam was the result of the U.S's lack of experience in jungle warfare, the lack of will power amongst the South Vietnamese to defend their country, the economic burden on the U.S economy, the lack of support at home...etc...etc. God's sake Ahmed. Plz don't tell me u think the U.S lost against farmers and that they lost simply because they lacked military power. U make me laugh buddy.

And yes, I agree. Iraq was a mistake. But it's good to see they are trying to correct it now. At least now with a democratic government installed and stability and repair steadily increasing, the deaths of the many will not go in vain.

But anyway, all this is irrelevant. U still haven't answered my points. How can an armed rebellion take place within the U.S with little civilian backing and limited arms capability. How could a state sieze enough weaponry in time to take down the government in Washington? Why would they throw away the democracy they worked so hard for just for the sake our war? Pretty stupid right?

Actually you are the fool here. I just took it again in class yesterday. And I am in Advanced Placement class. My teacher is a communist, so he wouldn't undermine the Communist Vietnamese.

He said they fought with "shovels and guns". They were not nearly as advanced as the US army. They were low-tech in other words.

The reason why they won though is due to guerrilla warfare and determination.

You know why they had no support at home? Same reason why the Iraq war isn't popular. Because there was no point to it.

And no North Vietnam isn't a jungle. You make me laugh too.

I wonder how many more millions need to die till the US "corrects" what it did in Iraq?

Actually I was answering your posts. You said that no militia or whatever could beat the strongest army (US) in the world. I said you are wrong. They could be defeated.

No its not pretty stupid. The US does not equal democracy. That state that would break up could even be more democratic.
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Phoenix Rider Mon May 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Says u buddy. U have yet to show me a scenario in which an armed militia can take out the powers in Washington. And yes, I think the U.s is a democracy TBH. It fits the characteristics of one with them holding a democratic election just a few months ago. There is an elected congress, working legislative body, a legitimate executive branch. Why doesn't it constitute as democratic? Is it a fact or ur own opinion?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon May 11, 2009 7:36 pm

As I said...the great US can't defeat the militias in Afghanistan and Iraq. And lost in Vietnam.

Please read what I wrote:

"No its not pretty stupid. The US does not equal democracy. That state that would break up could even be more democratic."

...I see where you could have been confused so Ill clear it up. I was saying that the US is not the only nation that can be Democratic...many countries are democratic.
    Phoenix Rider
    Phoenix Rider
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Phoenix Rider Tue May 12, 2009 8:37 am

yes, I don't disagree that out of a succession, democratic states are capable of being formed. What I was pointing out is how could an armed militia strong enough to defeat Washington when there is little public backing for one.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Tue May 12, 2009 6:19 pm

You don't know if there's public backing or not.

Also funny that you say so...the US succeeded from the Great Britain if you didn't know...yet you say it's democratic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:28 am