The Impossible Question Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Impossible Question

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Impossible Question Empty The Impossible Question Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Since no one could help me on the last question, which was tons easier than this one. I shall post this one:

The Impossible Question Imposs10

So am I going crazy, or is my teacher go crazy, or am I just wrong?

Besides this being the hardest question I ever got in my life, I solved it by algebra and got x= _/12.5 (In the radical) and x= - _/12.5 in the radical...

So is this possible to solve algebrilacly?

2The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

are you solving for x or y?

3The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

It doesn't matter, since I will need to plug it in the equation later to get the other coordinate...

I solved for x though (which got me + and - _/12.5)

I also graphed them...and it seems to fit the radical 12.5...which is about 3.5

4The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:43 pm

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

let's see:
I graphed them on my calculator and it said that the solution is 3,4.
It works in the equations. so hey, I solved it. Now you can play with your algebraic skills and see if you can get to the answer.

5The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Sayf make your own topic Razz ...or at least wait till I'm done with mine Smile

Hassan: When I graphed it I also got (3,4) and (-3,-4) {You forgot the negative side}

When I did it algebrically I got the radical 12.5 (Positive and negative) which equals 3.53 ...so it's .5 off....does that matter?

6The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:40 pm

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

Ahmed count yourself lucky i do harder ones of those everyday =(

7The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Then please solve mines.

8The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:07 am

preid1220

preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator

i don't got a calculator so no

9The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Well you need to do it by hand Pried.

10The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:44 pm

yumei

yumei
NH Member
NH Member

that is not impossible to solve, but i will take a long to do it cause you have to make a table and plug in no 'til you got the same no. Ah, I'm too lazy for it. Good Luck to u Ahmed hehe

http://maoasada.heavenforum.com

11The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

No....I want it solved algebrically....I'll give someone a cookie if they do...

12The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Does anyone know if you're supposed to replace all the x's with 3 in both functions if you had to perfrom (f-g)(3)

13The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:45 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Stay on topic Sayf Wink

14The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:05 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

its an impossible question Very Happy

15The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:18 am

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

I guess graphing is the way to do it...is algebraic solution required?

16The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:49 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

Hassan, my question? Very Happy

17The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 am

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

your's read of f of g. I thunk you take the formula for g and plug it in f, making the x value 3, right?

18The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:03 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

no, its f minus g ... not f of g .. if it was f of g, then I would have just subsistuted 3 for g and yada yada ... I mean I know that Rolling Eyes

19The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:55 am

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

then I think you can solve them separately ans subtract the two answers: solve for f, solve for g, and then subtract them!. Hope this works.

20The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:56 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Hassan wrote:I guess graphing is the way to do it...is algebraic solution required?

Yes please Very Happy

21The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:12 pm

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

aaargh....

I canot do it now, later perhaps

22The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:41 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Well before Monday please Very Happy

23The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:48 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

anyone know how to balance:

C12H22O11 + H2O -> C2H5OH + CO2

?

its kinda hard Very Happy

24The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:09 am

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

nevermind, u just put the coefficient 4 before c2h5oh and co2 ... so it's

C12H22O11 + H2O -> 4C2H5OH + 4CO2

25The Impossible Question Empty Re: The Impossible Question Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:31 am

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

that was easy (trademarked by Staples)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum