In the Name of Democracy Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

In the Name of Democracy

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61090
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : In the Name of Democracy Tired

In the Name of Democracy Empty In the Name of Democracy

Post by Ahmed Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:33 pm

In dedication to Steve...so he could always have something lovely to read.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

In the Name of Democracy: American War Crimes in Iraq and Beyond

By Jill Cutler (An assistant dean at Yale College, and a lecturer in the Department of English) and Brendean Smith (Coauthor of Globalization from Below, writer in Los Angeles Times. Holds a law degree from Cornell University)/Edited by Jermy Brecher (An American historian)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I will be posting here the passages in the book whenever I have the time. I will go from horrible to core terrible or so...Enjoy Steve...

" The BBC interviews United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan on September 16,2004, more than a year after the United States [and allies, such as the United Kingdom,] invaded Iraq. In his remarks, excerpted below, the normally cautious and diplomatic Annan stunned the world by declaring the U.S. led inavasion illegal under the UN Charter and international law.

Q: Are you bothered that he US is becoming an unrestrainable, unilateral power?
    A: Well, I think over the last year, we've all gone through lots of painful lessons. I'm talkign about since the war in Iraq. I think there [have] been lessons for the US and there [have] been lessons for the UN and other member states and I think in the end everybody is concluding that it is best to work together with our allies and through the UN to deal with some of these issues. And I hope we do not see another Iraq-type operation for a long time...

Q: So don't you think there was legal authority for the war?
    A: I have stated clearly that is was not in conformity with the Security Council-with the UN Charter.

Q: It was illegal?
    A: Yes, if you wish.

Q: It was illegal?
    A: Yes, I have indicated it is not in conformity with the UN Charter, from our point of view, and from the Charter point of view it was illegal."

I just wanted to start soft at first, so yeah...Ill update it soon.

P.S.: You may comment if you wish.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

In the Name of Democracy Empty Re: In the Name of Democracy

Post by Ahmed Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:10 pm

As promised, but this time it's....

"In 2003 , the Center for Constitutional Rights brought a criminal complaint against Bush administration officials on behalf of four Iraqi nataionals who were victims of torture. Facing the systematic refusal of U.S. Justice Department officials to investigate the Iraqi prisoner abuses, CCR filed the complaint in Germany under a law that grants German prosecutors the right to hear charges of international war crimes. The following excerpt presents three of these plaintiffs' abuse accounts. CCR has been the forefront of human rights litigation, successfully arguing before at the Supreme Court for the due process rights of Guantanamo detainees.

Ahmed Shehab Ahmed

Ahmed Shehab Ahmed is an Iraqi citizen from Baghdad born on January 1, 1968. He is a trader by profession and described hismelf as a politically independent Muslim. He was arrested in his home by personnel of the U.S. Armed Forces. At this time his 80-year-old handicapped father was shot and killed and valuables were stolen from the house. He was at first held at Baghdad International Airport and then brought to Rehidwaniya, an old property of Saddam Hussien. There he was beaten and stripped. He was deprived of sleep and food, and had to survive three days without sanitary facilities. During his detention he was threatned with rape, beaten until unconscious, and forbidden to pray. He was doused with cold water. Soldiers injected his genitalia with unidenetified substances. An American officer held a loudspeaker to his ears and shouted at him, so that the plaintiff lost his hearing. During an interrogation with a female translator he was naked and only his head was hooded. In the course of this interrogation the interrogator and interpreter attempted sexual acts with him. As a consequenbce of this sexual abuse he has become impotent. He was thretaned with the rape of his family and children. Upon his release, he was told that they were sorry that they had false information about him and [his] father. "

The book gives the site where you could read this from: http://ccrjustice.org/v2/legal/september_11th/docs/German_COMPLAINT_English_Version.pdf

^^^But as you could have guessed it is "missing".

This just comes to show you the values, freedoms and democracy of America and the western world.

I will post the other 2 tommorow and after.
    Dark Flame99966
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 6018
    Username Change Points : 8588
    Registration date : 2007-10-15

Post by Dark Flame99966 Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:47 pm

well, this just gives more cause to believe that America is the terrorist in all this
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:54 am

First I woudl like to start off with the definition of terrorist:

"1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
    2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others."-Dictionary.com

Now I'll continue:

"Between October and December 2003, at the Abu Ghraib Confinement Facility (BCCF), numerous incidents of sadistic, blantant, and wanton criminal abuses were inflicted on several detainees. This systemic and illegal abuse of detainees was intentionally perpetrated by several members of the military police gaurd in Tier 1-A of the Abu Ghraib Prison (BCCF).
    [S]everal detainees described the follwoing acts of abusem which under the circumstancesm I find credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence proved by other witnesses

a. Breaking chemical lights an dpouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees;
    b. Threatning detainees with a charged 9mm pistol;
    b. Pouring cold water on naked detainees;
    d. Beating detainees with a broom handle and chair;
    e. Threatning male detainees with rape;
    f. Allowing a military police gaurd to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed agasint the wall in his cell;
    g.Sodomizing a detainee with chemical light and perhaps a broom stick;
    h. Using military workign dogs to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actaully biting a detainee.

[T]he intentional abuse of detainees by military police personnel included the following acts:

a. Punching, slapping, and kicking detainees; jumping on their naked feet;
    b. Videotaping and photographing naked male and female detainees;
    c. Forcibly arranging detainees in various sexually explict positions for photographing;
    d. Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and keeping them naked for several days at a time;
    e. Forcing naked male detainees to wear women's underwear;
    f. Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate themselves while being photographed and videotaped;
    g. Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and then jumping on them;
    h. Positioning a naked detainess on a MRE Box, with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his fingers, toes, and penis to stimulate electric toture
    i. Writing "I am a Rapest" (sic) on the leg of a detainee alleged o have forcibly raped a 15-year-old fellow detainee, and then photographing him naked;
    j. Placing a dog chain or strap around a naked detainees's neck and having a female soldier pose for a picture;
    k. A male MP gaurd having sex with a female detainee;
    l. Using military working dogs (without muzzles) to intimidate and frighten detainees, and in at least one case biting and severly injuring a detainee;
    m. Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees.

These findings are amply supported by written confessions provided by several of the suspects, written statements provided by detainees, and withness statements."

^^^America protector of Democracy.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10570
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : In the Name of Democracy Busy

Post by Hassan Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:20 am

This is an example of the exploitation of the ruling class of the hopes and visions of the common people. While some American citizens might be radical, most of them are very patriotic and want to see their country succeed. However, the ruling class, in light of aforementioned and many other examples, use their power to abuse other, all in the name of 'interest of the country'. The perks of democracy...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:23 am