Ghost, Dragons, Etc Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Horizons

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghost, Dragons, Etc

+3
Hassan
Ahmed
Placids
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:48 am

Placids

NH Member
NH Member

I was reading the topic "have you....." in the anything in general forum and it was talking about these kinds of things.

Do you believe in them or not?

Don't just post "I don't believe in them it's stupid to." Debate your reasonings. If you do believe same thing applies.

Happy Debating.

2Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

I believe in Jinns, creatures made of fire.

It is possible because I mean we humans are made, so we should be open minded and think of the possibilities of other creatures being here or there besides us.

However, I do not believe in Ghosts or Dragons lol Razz

3Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

I believe in jinns, as Ahmed said, the creatures made of fire. Predominately because of religion, but also because it makes sense, as well as the fact that Hazrat Suleiman, (Solomon for you) had jinns at his command.

After thinking and researching, I have concluded that I do not believe in ghosts and dragons. Dragons are pretty much mythical and fictional creatures, found in fairy tales.

4Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

how can you beleive in jinns? you know fire has no muscles or brain and it only comes about naturally (and without humans) by a sliver of a chance

5Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:12 pm

Doc

Doc
NH Member
NH Member

The Jinn are a different entity altogether from humans, created from smokeless fire ... God knows best what they actually are ... but I wouldn't relate them to ghosts, dragons and such ...

6Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:31 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Steve wrote:how can you beleive in jinns? you know fire has no muscles or brain and it only comes about naturally (and without humans) by a sliver of a chance

Well according to science, you are made from, elemenets such as Oxygen (65%)
Carbon (18%)
Hydrogen (10%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1.0%)
Potassium (0.35%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

Yet, you have muscules and a brain.

So...?

7Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:41 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

so i am a living organism, i meet the criteria of the 7 signs of life but fire doesn't.

8Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:56 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

What are the 7 signs of life?

9Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:01 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

here you go ahmed, you can post about this in the what I've learned thread

http://www.oum.ox.ac.uk/thezone/animals/life/index.htm

10Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Oh lol Razz , I took those last year.

But why can't you believe that a creature made from fire could also do these 6 signs plus more?

11Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:09 pm

samthedragon

NH Member
NH Member

oh oh oh let me see if I can remember my SATs

Mrs Gren

Movement
Respiration
Sensitivity
Growth
Reproduction
Excretion
Nutrition

12Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:11 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Yep you are right, but why can't you believe that Jinns can do these plus more too?

13Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:19 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

fire is a side product of combustion, it cannot exist without something else present to burn.

14Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

Think about it, you are made of elements and you are able to think. A book or pencil is made of elements yet it can't think.

Also I found out that in English Jinns are known as "Genies" (However they do not grant wishes as seen in western folktale.)

"In Islamic theology jinn are said to be creatures with free will, made from 'smokeless fire' by Allah in the same way humans were made of earth. According to the Qur'an, Djinn have free will, and Iblees used this freedom in front of Allah by refusing to bow to Adam when Allah told Iblees to do so. By disobeying Allah, he was thrown out of Paradise and called “Shaitan”. Djinn are frequently mentioned in the Qur'an, Sura 72 of the Qur'an (named Al-Jinn) is entirely about them. Another Sura (Al-Nas) mentions Djinn in the last verse. The Qur’an also mentions that Muhammad was sent as a prophet to both “humanity and the Djinn”.

Similar to humans, jinns have free will allowing them to follow any religion they choose. Jinns have significantly lower intelligence than humans but are physically stronger. They are usually invisible to humans and humans do not appear clear to them. However, non-Muslim jinn often harass and even possess humans (Muslim jinn are forbidden from doing so), for various reasons, such as infatuation (with a girl), revenge, or because of a deal made with a practitioner of black magic. Jinns have the power to travel large distances extremely quickly and live in remote areas, mountains, seas, trees, and the air, in their own communities. Like humans, jinns will also be judged on The Day of Judgment and will be sent to Heaven or Hell according to their deeds.[10] Since humans usually cannot see them and humans do not appear clear to them, the human "world" and that of the jinn is considered separate, and only practitioners of "black magic" contact them deliberately. Ibn Taymiyyah's Essay on the Jinn describes Jinn in detail.

Every person is assigned a special jinn to them, also called a qareen, the jinns that whisper into your soul and tell you to give into your evil desires. The Prophet Muhammad's jinn turned into a Muslim jinn, on the recitation of the Qur'an, as the jinn found it most beautiful. However, the notion of a qareen is not universally accepted amongst all Muslims."

*"Iblees"=Satan
**"Shaitan"=Devil

I found this on Wiki and I thought it was quite good.

15Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:44 pm

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

so jinns are essentially angels?

16Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:56 pm

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

No, did you read the passage?

Jinns, Humans and Angels are different creatures.

17Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:01 am

Steve

Steve
NH Member
NH Member

i read it, jinns cannot be seen, and allah cast out a jinn and called him satan. (if i remember correctly) similar to God casting out his favourite angel when he rose up against him.

18Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 am

Ahmed

Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin

They actually could technically be seen, but you will never see them in their true fom, they might take the shape of a cat or so...

Anyhow, this confuses Muslims too sometimes, that "Angel" that got outcasted is the same "Jinn" in Islam.

This is the story; Jinns, before humans were made, roamed on Earth and so. They did lots of bloodhsed and much corruption in the land. Allah punished all the Jinns and banished them. However there was one very pious jinn. Allah raised him and put him with the ranks of the angels. He became their, the angels, leader basically. Later on Allah created the humans. The angels rejected and such, as the Qur'an says:

"Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."" (2:30)

*The angels were referring that humans will most liekly do the same as the jinns.

So when Allah made his best creation, the human, he told all the Angels to bow to him, they all did so except that pious Jinn, that later became known as Iblees or Satan. He refused to bow down because he thought that he, who was made form fire, is better than a creature, the human, made from earth or clay. As the Qur'an says:

"And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith."(2:34)

19Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:36 pm

Icehawk

NH Member
NH Member

I am caught in the middle... I believe that dragons may have been some sort of dinosaur at one time, and are now extinct... But not the fantasy fire breathing part. If you believe it, thats your opinion, but personally I dont.

20Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

I think dragons are just mythical, made up creatures

21Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Icehawk

NH Member
NH Member

Its entirely possible some wandering story teller made them up... or some mother made them up to scare her kids into obedience or something... "Go to bed or the dragons will eat you!"

22Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

Icehawk wrote:Its entirely possible some wandering story teller made them up... or some mother made them up to scare her kids into obedience or something... "Go to bed or the dragons will eat you!"

lol...the latter part is a stereotype....

23Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:52 pm

Icehawk

NH Member
NH Member

I suppose yes... but still

24Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Hassan

Hassan
NH Retired Moderator
NH Retired Moderator

I generally agree to it, just that it might have a more social application, as in a threat to all young children in a town...

25Ghost, Dragons, Etc Empty Re: Ghost, Dragons, Etc Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Anonymous

I didn't believe in ghosts till last night. This is true right I am not lieing

Last night I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth I left my computer on then when I came back in it was off My whole family were a sleep and I don't know how it turned off. The same thing later happened with my cupboard it was shut I left the room came back in and it was open. Whats your take on this? Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next