Evoultion Theory - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Ladien
Doc
preid1220
Steve
Ahmed
9 posters

Evoultion Theory

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61090
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Evoultion Theory - Page 2 Tired

Evoultion Theory - Page 2 Empty Re: Evoultion Theory

Post by Ahmed Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 pm

We are talking about human evolution here Sayf, and the Quran doesnt say we evolved. Rather it says that Allah created Adam(AS) and not evolved.

Also here is another refute. If humans so called "evolved" over a period of time, then how come the bones for example for Acient Egyptians whom lived 4500 years ago still look human? They are not different then current humans at all!
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15319
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : Evoultion Theory - Page 2 Relaxed

Post by Doc Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:41 pm

Ahmed IV wrote:We are talking about human evolution here Sayf, and the Quran doesnt say we evolved. Rather it says that Allah created Adam(AS) and not evolved.

Also here is another refute. If humans so called "evolved" over a period of time, then how come the bones for example for Acient Egyptians whom lived 4500 years ago still look human? They are not different then current humans at all!

Yeah I know what the Qur'an states and that is what I believe in, I wasn't saying otherwise (astagfirullah). What I mean ia that certain ideas of evolution are true, such as evolution stating that all life came from water which is also what the Allah explicitly explicitly states in the Qur'an.

lol, you forget that the ancient Egyptians were like an average of 5'5" or something, I'm sure we "evolved" and became taller through "mutations" because of "natural selection" .. but evolutionist will just claim that 4500 years is not long enough time span ...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Evolutionist never said anything about life starting from water (If Im not mistaken)

Actually Ancient Egyptians were tall...did you see Ramses II?
    Also I was talking about the structure of the body...

Another refute...

If you genetically engineer an amobe does it evolve...?No, its still an amobe...
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 pm

lol waht are you talkin about? they were midgets lol

But it is a fact that humans today are bigger than they were before, but this is because of better diets and nutrition ...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:57 pm

Actually they were larger....he was anyways Razz

Also you could tell their sizes by looking at the tombs...they had a smaller life span though
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 11444
    Registration date : 2007-11-29

Post by Steve Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:02 am

and how our bodies adapt, ahmed i don't think you really understand what the theory of evolution says, ironically neither does preid but never mind that...
    http://arstechnica.com/journals/science.ars/2008/03/25/living-dinosaur-found-to-be-fastest-evolving-creature

how can you deny evolution when its happening today?
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:03 am

Ahmed IV wrote:Actually they were larger....he was anyways Razz

Also you could tell their sizes by looking at the tombs...they had a smaller life span though

Dude, the men were no larger than 5'5"! He's only like 5'8" or something ... we have people taller than 6ft on average in some countries .. I mean you would never see anyone taller than 6 feet then but common there are 7 footers around these days ...

And a tomb is not the same as a coffin Rolling Eyes
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:10 am

Steve, the article didn't really prove anything :S: How did species evolve?...How do they know that it is indeed the same species of that from 8000 years ago?

These are valid questions which weren't answered.
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:22 am

Steve wrote:and how our bodies adapt, ahmed i don't think you really understand what the theory of evolution says, ironically neither does preid but never mind that...
    http://arstechnica.com/journals/science.ars/2008/03/25/living-dinosaur-found-to-be-fastest-evolving-creature

how can you deny evolution when its happening today?

lol steve I doubt you understand the theory of evolution and that article is hardly proof for evolution, I mean did you even read it? It proves nothing and explains nothing, the article even says that this creature has hardly changed or "adapted" for 220 million years except for its DNA and ironically nothing about it has changed ...

Do you even know what it means to adapt? I mean if you adapt to a new environment it does not mean that I physically change myself willfuly and grow fur or something to acclimate myself into the new environment, but I can change my behavior and actions to make myself better suited for the said environment. If you take a bunch of polar bears and shift them into a new environment how do you think they will try to adapt?
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:26 am

they have put the research in to trace the species. there are other examples, ok first tell me why you think evolution doesn't happen?

do you want another species who adapt quickly?
    Ladien
    Ladien
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 359
    Username Change Points : 5888
    Registration date : 2008-09-02
    Mood : Evoultion Theory - Page 2 Stressed

Post by Ladien Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:02 am

It is evedent that some evoution happened because then we would all just be tiny atoms. God created them though, then till today and beyond he has guided all matter and substances through evolution.

The only other thing that would have sense is that DNA was proved wrong and humans etc. automatically adapted to the environment that they would live on.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Ladien you are mixing evoltion with the origins of life, and I would suggest that you do not mix them....if you believe in God then you know that Adam(AS) was created as a human and did not "evolve".

Evoltuion doesn't amke sense Steve becasue it has no scientific background to it....or rather it mixes science with imagination.

Why would us humans be the only "species" that evolved into an "intelliegent species" ....the odds are against evolution.

Also have you forgotten the 46 chromosmes that humans have? Any species have always had those same numbers of chromosmes, depending on what they are.

Lets say that mutations happened while an organism is being borned....the result wouldn't be so far fetched like losing a tail, being fur-less and standing starigth and having a brain Rolling Eyes

They will still be close to the parents...even if a little different Wink
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Ahmed IV wrote:
    Evoltuion doesn't amke sense Steve becasue it has no scientific background to it....or rather it mixes science with imagination.
    then how come scientists normally back evolution over creation? the chance of life through the theory of evolution is so slim its like were lottery winners, and thats why there isnt life on every planet.

Ahmed IV wrote:Also have you forgotten the 46 chromosmes that humans have? Any species have always had those same numbers of chromosmes, depending on what they are.

I'm not sure what your point is about chromosomes, humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes and apes have 24, however the 9th and 14th pair look almost identical to the human #9 when they're combined together.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:26 pm

Steve wrote:
    then how come scientists normally back evolution over creation? the chance of life through the theory of evolution is so slim its like were lottery winners, and thats why there isnt life on every planet.
    They do that because if they go with creationism then they are no longer "scientists" (Actually some scientists are scientists and belive in creationism). Your second statement supports my case...not yours Razz

Steve wrote:I'm not sure what your point is about chromosomes, humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes and apes have 24, however the 9th and 14th pair look almost identical to the human #9 when they're combined together.

You said it yourself. Humans have 24 pairs while apes have 23 pairs. If they humans did indeed evolve, then we would have 23 pairs like the apes, but just look different. We wouldn't just "get" an extra pair of chromosomes...
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:33 pm

well the theory is the human number 12 (oops i said number 9 earlier) is merge of 2 of the ones found in ape DNA we didnt magically get an extra pair, 2 DNA pairs because one, and since then our bodies adapted into what we are now.

God can create life, so why would he make a planet and not put some life form on it? the fact that we only know of one planet with life on it supports the theory that its an incredibly slim chance of life coming about.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:39 pm

If it is a merge of 2 of the ape ones then we shoudl have less chromosomes...not more Wink

Actually no it doesn't, because if the evolution theory was true then similar things would have ahppened in different planets.

But it only happened on Earth (that life exists)
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:45 pm

when i said the chance of it happening are slim i was explaining why there is no life on other planets, were in creationism there is no reason why there isn't life on every planet.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Look, let me get this point staright from right now. When I speak of creationism I am speaking about Islam as I don't know about the others Wink

Who said that there isn't life on other planets? Think of the bigger picture Steve, we are (milky way) is a piece of sand in the ocean...the Quran itself said there is life elsewhere Wink

Back to chromosmes...if lets say chromosmes combined to make 1 . Besides it not being scientifically possible...it would not to be gotten by both parenst so such a thing could continue...once again the odds are agaisnt evolution.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:45 pm

ok, my argument against the creationism theory is why would we only know about life on this planet? we have checked all the other ones in this solar system and some others too without finding more life.

Why would God make a planet without making life? mercury serves no purpose.

"Back to chromosmes...if lets say chromosmes combined to make 1 . Besides it not being scientifically possible...it would not to be gotten by both parenst so such a thing could continue...once again the odds are agaisnt evolution."

maybe there was a disease? something contracted by a twentieth of the apes and effected their reproduction system. then there could be lots of creatures with 23 pairs of chromosomes.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:32 pm

You said it yourself...in this solar system...there are many solar systems out there Wink

Simple, that's because God choose Earth as to be the home of his creations.
    Why would there need to be life on all the other palnets? :doubt:

I doubt a disease did anything, for that to happen there would need to be a chromosme affecting epidemic disease...which I doubt.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:41 pm

yeah well thats just how i see it happening. saying God chose earth to be the home of his creations doesn't explain why we have the planet mercury.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:45 pm

There are many things that we don't know their uses yet. Also I still don't see how that doesn't support Creationism(?)
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:55 pm

well simply its because God can make life anywhere, there is no reason why there wouldn't be more lfe around us.

i thought Allah told you muslims to go and learn about the world, why is evolution exempt from this?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:02 pm

Of course Allah cna make life anywhere...and there is. But their is a wisdom behind this that only the creator knows.

Maybe for example that their would have been much more destruction if there was other intelligent organisms out there, for example....

It is exempt because evoltuion has nothing to do with our world. It just a little science cospiarcy thought...meant to lead peopel astray.

However other thinsg that are actually scientific, like human body systems, atmospheres, phases of birth, chemicals, speace etc. those are scientific as it actual science and not some made up nonsense.

Do you disgree? Razz
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:18 pm

yes, how we came about is an important question imo and the scientific answer is more than a theory. that's like me saying the Quran is just a novel. to anyone who doesn't learn about it, its probably true, the same goes if you just think evolution is purely an idea about fish becoming men.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:26 pm