New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Real Intentions....Kosovo.

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Real Intentions....Kosovo. Tired

Real Intentions....Kosovo. Empty Real Intentions....Kosovo.

Post by Ahmed Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:45 pm

I was watching this program and it made me wonder....what made the West (US + Europe) agree on granting Kosovo independence early this year from Serbia.

As we all know, in reality and the undeniably, the West and the Muslim world hate each other. The Muslims don't love the west and the west don't love the Muslims.

Kosovo which is a little country in Europe...in a strategic place in the Balkan region, which have resources like Gold and Petroleum...is a country that has a 92% Muslim (Albanian) population and the rest are Christian (Serbs).

So why and what is the reason behind the west's backing for a Islamic independence in Europe. Shouldn't they want less Muslim countries, since there are already 2: Albania, and Bosnia?

What are your views?

*By West I mean US+GB+France etc. and when I said hate each other I refereed to the governments.
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15318
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : Real Intentions....Kosovo. Relaxed

Real Intentions....Kosovo. Empty Re: Real Intentions....Kosovo.

Post by Doc Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:10 pm

Probably because they're not an Islamic State that enforces Shari'ah? I mean of course they will incorporate Shari'ah (or they have) within they're legal system but not in its entirety ... bottom line is Kosovo is aparliamentary republic and thats really, in my opinion, why it was recognized by the West ...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Even is that is true Sayf, why would they upset their Christian friend (Serbia) to make a Muslim country (even if they don't enforce Sharia)?
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 pm

So you think they have some kind of ulterior motives or somethin? Maybe there is actually a plus in having more Muslim countries because it creates disunity amongst the Muslims and seperates them due to nationalism or other reasons (but it could do just the opposite)? Or maybe these are their true intentions and they truthfully they support Kosovo because from a moral and ethical view, its the correct thing to do and it reinforces their policies on justice and freedom that they boastfully assert?

Who knows ...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:45 pm

Sayfullah wrote:So you think they have some kind of ulterior motives or somethin? Maybe there is actually a plus in having more Muslim countries because it creates disunity amongst the Muslims and seperates them due to nationalism or other reasons (but it could do just the opposite)? Or maybe these are their true intentions and they truthfully they support Kosovo because from a moral and ethical view, its the correct thing to do and it reinforces their policies on justice and freedom that they boastfully assert?

Who knows ...

No one knows that's why we are inferring here Smile

And no I think they have advantages in doing so somehow....

Making another Muslim country will strengthen the Muslim world in power (more land). ALso dis-unity was already there before Kosovo.

Also I doubt that they do it because of ethics. If they did have ethics as they claim, then Iraq and Palestine wouldn't loo like this today.
    Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Doc Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:05 pm

I still think that the only reason they did this was because Kosovo has a secular gov't, so its a plus for them to have another Muslim country with their system of government and you know that they've tried to "win the hearts and minds" of the Muslims for years now and maybe by supporting Kosovo they hope to sway our opinion of them ...
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 pm

Then they are basically punching someone in the face continuously and giving them flowers at the same time 0_0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 12:27 am