New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

No Petroleum

preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 12013
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : No Petroleum - Page 2 Stressed

No Petroleum - Page 2 Empty Re: No Petroleum

Post by preid1220 Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:43 am

i think steve's idea is posible but not practible. everything has a form of energy sounds is no diferent, but it probucses so little sound. perhaps if we invent something that ran by fusing hidrogent and oxigent molicules and useing the reation as power witch will only produce water and alot of energy. in the end it's all just the changing form of energy right?
    Nick Peter
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 375
    Username Change Points : 6288
    Registration date : 2007-10-17
    Mood : No Petroleum - Page 2 Tired

Post by Nick Peter Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am

Steve wrote:no i mean a way to run machines without petrolium, burning petrol is one way to make energy but i think theres atleast one green way to do it

When you tell me it I'll be glad.

preid1220 wrote:we can cover nevada with solar panels and that will supply oss of the us's power but you didnt hear that from me :silent:

And to make those panels you need petroleum.

jj16802 wrote:Maybe we will use Nuclear Fuel a lot.

To make the plant and the storage area you need petroleum.

Steve wrote:why not? sound waves are another form of energy, unfortunately when i worked out how to make power from sound i checked it out and some guy beat me to it, they're called dynamic microphones i think, and they're not very effective. but all forms of energy can be made into power, kinetic energy is the one used the most, that's actually how they turn petroleum into power, same with all fossil fuels.

To power the microphone you need petroleum. To create the machine you need petroleum.

Steve wrote:yeah they will, they can run cars on electricity. the more power you need the longer you need to charge up for though, im thinking of solar power and wind, all that stuff.

To make the electricity you use petroleum.

--------------

Face it, everything needs petroleum. It converts the most energy, and nothing can replace it.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 11443
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood : No Petroleum - Page 2 Relaxed

Post by Steve Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:02 am

no it doesnt. were not that dependant on petrol. i could make a wind farm with just my hands and the right materials. petroleum wouldn't be needed at all
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Ahmed Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:51 am

iCheese said exactly my point.

Steve, sure you could make oen or two, but the human race became so lazy from all technology that no matter how much things you could do by hand, it won't change anything....

Pried, Hydrogen+Oxygen make water, as you said, so where would the enrgy come from?

So now we are in the same point, what do you thinkwill happen to the world ifd all the Petroleum finishes (Which sources say they will be in decline in 2010, and will end in 80-100 years)...
    Nick Peter
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 375
    Username Change Points : 6288
    Registration date : 2007-10-17

Post by Nick Peter Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Steve wrote:no it doesnt. were not that dependant on petrol. i could make a wind farm with just my hands and the right materials. petroleum wouldn't be needed at all

Yes we are. You could, but will you? And what are those materials?

And how are you going to store the energy? Through batteries? ?Guess how they're made.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Ahmed Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:28 pm

iCheese, what do you think will happen to us humans after all petroleum finishes out?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 1:25 pm