New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Before Sunrise

I Lyk Toast
    I Lyk Toast
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 84
    Username Change Points : 5957
    Registration date : 2008-06-29
    Mood : Before Sunrise In_Love

Before Sunrise Empty Before Sunrise

Post by I Lyk Toast Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:56 am

Before Sunrise is one of my favourite films. I've written about it here.

To sum up Before Sunrise in a sentence, you could perhaps call it a light, delicious bonbon of romantic chemistry and youthful philosophy. The story starts when on a train to Vienna, a young American traveling through Europe, and a beautiful French girl get talking, and unexpectedly they seem to have an unknown connection. He persuades her to come off the train with him in Vienna for his last 14 hours on the continent.

To put it bluntly, nothing really happens in the film at all. But that’s the beauty of it. Consisting little more than a long stroll and stimulating, intelligent, flirtatious and frank conversations, the film is unbelievably simple. Yet it is unbelievably absorbing. It is not your everyday romance film. There’s something about it that you can’t quite place, something of pure brilliance.

As the two walk around the beautiful city, the energy between them grows more exhilarating and yet more nakedly honest. But they have made a romanticized promise never to meet again and just remember the night as a lovely singularity.

Seemingly improvised and entirely natural but still structured and splendidly directed, Before Sunrise is the kind of film that leaves you feeling warm and hopeful in a way that makes you want to take on the world.

Watch the trailer here.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Before Sunrise Tired

Before Sunrise Empty Re: Before Sunrise

Post by Ahmed Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am

After the movies that I saw in 8th grade, as our teacher forced us to...

I'm not a fan of romance movies slanty ...
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10569
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : Before Sunrise Busy

Post by Hassan Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Well, I have never seen it. But your intro is very well phrased. I wonder what you mean by
    To put it bluntly, nothing really happens in the film at all. But that’s the beauty of it.
    . And, just to say, I am not a fan of romance movies either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:15 am