The best country in the world. - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Steve
jj16802
preid1220
Phantom_Dragon
den denz
9 posters

The best country in the world.

Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 11443
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood : The best country in the world. - Page 2 Relaxed

The best country in the world. - Page 2 Empty Re: The best country in the world.

Post by Steve Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:57 am

stone henge has more to it than that, its the meeting place of many lay lines, it was finished 3500 years ago, and started 5000 years ago... most importantly its still a mystery, when you look at the pyramids or the great wall of china, Historians can tell you what they were for and all sorts of detaills But stone henge is still being debated
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 12013
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : The best country in the world. - Page 2 Stressed

The best country in the world. - Page 2 Empty Re: The best country in the world.

Post by preid1220 Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:58 am

well they found that stone henge may have been used as a temple. they found many tools and sutch from prehistoric ages littered around and i beleave also places that once held wooden pools up to support something, inother words you are right poe it is a house with only the walls left. jj i am sry to say this but China also has it's dark past. i mean the lord of china used dead bodys from his opponant to support the great wall, also with all the toys with lead paint being sent out i can only see it as poisonting the youth. japan ... i just dont like some of the things japan did and it it unforgivable! in the past sailors who wased up on japan after haveing ships wreaked a sea were tossed back into the sea without anything even if they were still alive. the fact that they also sided with the germans in ww2 turns me away from them.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:23 pm

japan is like 5 years ahead in technology though (They dont share things with the rest of the world for a while) and stone henge is more than an old house but i didnt expect you to understand that anyway preid
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 61089
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : The best country in the world. - Page 2 Tired

Post by Ahmed Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:24 pm

den denz wrote:We joined in, and you didn't!!!
    Denz, how could I join the topic earlier when I was at the hospital with no computer!!?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Actually Steve the only thing they know for sure about the Pyramids is what they are for. They do not know anything else about it.

Well it took 1500 years to build Steve...and? Many ancient buildings, monuments took thousands of years to build.

Also it is being debated because they just have no info on it, so they are trying to shed light to it.
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:29 pm

no they stopped building it for a thousand years then someone started changing things about it and building on the site
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Ok then, but anyhow we look at it...and old monument won't make a country "World's Best"...or am I wrong? If you agree then say your reasons.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 6555
    Username Change Points : 10569
    Registration date : 2007-10-23
    Mood : The best country in the world. - Page 2 Busy

Post by Hassan Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:15 pm

Finally, the debate is heating!!! yea!!!!!

I suggest that we establish what makes a country, or any country, the best? We should establish the rules first, and then judge the countries individually, (basically, you suggest a country to be considered to be the best, we have debate regarding wether it deserves it or not, and then we vote on it).

So, as already mentioned, landscape and history are factors in determining a country's status. I would say that its position in global politics and the kind of government it has also play a role.

So guys, please hold back your countries for a while, and first determine the criteria to judge them with. This might even result in the best, or one of the best debates we ever had.
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by preid1220 Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:53 pm

i think population is also a good idea, a corect number is needed. to many may bring a country down and how can it be the best with to few people
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Also the people make a country good or bad. Also its land and if polluted or not
    Steve
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Steve Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:51 pm

community then? pollution levels, crime rates... also something about the stregnth of their currency because that reflects the stregnth of the economy
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 870
    Username Change Points : 6054
    Registration date : 2008-06-22
    Mood : The best country in the world. - Page 2 Cool

Post by den denz Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:24 am

Hmm, yeah I agree but what the flip does population have to do with anything. I mean is it better to have a bigger or smaller, I'd say smaller but I think you will idsagree so I say lose the population.

Make something like a pie chart, each bit is worth a certain amount of marks.
    Now just to chose:

What is it that makes one country better than another.

So far we've basically said, culture, polotics and tourism (landscapes and whatnot.)

Sounds good.

And, (I know I should do the quote thing but I don't know how and I don't really care) But Ahemd, I mean "we joined in, and you didn't" about the war not the thread.

And stonehenge is such a weak point, it is in the history/tourism it hasn't made the country great in anyway! All it did was raise tourism revenue and give scientist something to study!
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by preid1220 Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:06 am

you knowpeople have fought over this topic for years with no clear answer, so how can we answer it?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:57 pm

Easy, pick a country and give your proof. SInce I know Ill win Ill pick Egypt (forget about all that I said before Razz ):

Egypt

Landscape: Mostly desert but has 5 large oasiss and has the largest amount of green arable land in North Africa and the Mid East.

Borders Medditerriarain sea, Red Sea and the longest River in the world, the Nile.

People: Like any country there are the good and bad

Goverment: "Democratic Republic"-biggest joke in the world as the govermnet is all corrupted

Tourism: Prety much booming...if I do say so myself.

Military: 11th largest in the world and strongest in Africa and the Mid East

Economey: Terrible at the moment

FYI: *Egypt is the only country in Africa that borders an Asian country
    *Egypt has terrirtory in both Africa and Asia (Sinai) but most obviously being in Africa.

So rate all that I just said and rate it according to 1-10.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Well then Ahmed, it's on!!! Razz !!!

Tourist attractions: all four naturally occuring seasons, has everything from a desert (in the south) to the most fertile land in the region (in the middle) to beautiful, snow capped mountains including the world's second highest mountain peak (disputed, called K2, in the north). offers not only the most modern stles of living, in Karachi and Islamabad, but also sites of one of the world's earliest civilization, the Indus Valley Civilization.

Government: currently, a 'democracy', which claims a mandate of more than 70% of the people.

Military: one of the most advanced in the world, completelly made up of volunteers, and the seveth largest in the world, and armed with declared nuclear weapons (the only Muslim country so far, Iran is apparently coming along!).

People: mostly religious, and patriotic. population is not evenly divided, and most people are farmers with growing numbers of industrial and bank related jobs.

Economy: Rising, and overall, Pakistan is a rapidly developing nation according to UN, which is good since Pakistan is only 60 years old.

FYI: Pakistan is the rare nation whose name is an acronym, and yet is a complete word by itself in Urdu, the national language. (Pakistan means 'land of the pure' in Urdu, and the name was formed from like this: P from Punjab, A from Afghania, K from Kashmir, S from Sindh, and tan from Balochistan.

Pakistan came into being in 1947, after gaining independence from Britain, after a seven year struggle for independence.

Pakistan is a founding member of four international organizations, and is a member of five other organizations.

Rivers and borders: 5 rivers in Punjab, the Indus river flows all over the country, borders Arabic Sea and Gulf of Oman, along with Afghanistan, Iran, China, and India.
    This is just what I remember, more is coming.

Now rating Ahmed:

1: 7 (desert, yet fertile!!)
    2: 5 (people).
    3: 1 (government, it is basically a dictatorship).
    4: 9 (tourism, indeed).
    5: 7 (military).
    6: 1(economy, failing).
    7: 6 (FYI).
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Ok, I need a rating from everyone about mine. Also Hassan could you mind explaining?

Reply to Hassan:

Tourism: 7.5 (The Indus valley is in modern day India)
    Goverment: 7
    Military: 8 (because of the nukey)
    FYI: Not rated-This is supposed to be interesting facts...facts that you don't get in most books on the country
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Ok well for staters no one needs to rate mine we'll just all agree ten outta ten ay?

ANYWAYZ:

Australia!!!

Government:

No corruption, our gaovernment is a democracy under the Queen, our goveernment is constantly working to improve our country (but when we are so close to perfect (jokes im not this up myself) its hard to improve on it) And they are providing constant somedy rountines!!! They are so much fun to bag out and they can take a joke!!!

Landscape:

Well we are the world's biggest Island continent, we aren't on any fault lines, we have the worlds most famous reef, "the great barrier reef", we have amazing historic sites such as uluru or airs rock, we have everything from deserts to rain forrest to snow covered mountains, our country lands are the most beautiful ever!

People:

We are the most laid back nation on the earth yet when an international tradgety (spelling) occurs we are one of the quickest to react and jump in. And our city people are way better than those in places such as new york (I've cracked it they don't smile to strangers they go "mornin". Our people are just the greatest, and don't forget the hot Aussie acsent.

Ecnomy:

We stable over here, I mean our farmers are all in drought (in the southern regions) yet together with the government we are surporting them and helping them through it. All in all our economys a success.

Religion:

We are as multidenominational as it comes! I think the majority are still Christian. None of our religions are causing wars or major riots. As laid back as we are, we accept others religions and don't prejudice against someone because of their religion.

Military:

We, unlike some people, use our military to aid in making the world a better place and defence. We don't need huge army because we are peaceful. Yet when you look at the war records next to soilders that have been honoured you begin to see a pattern, of Australian soilders being some of the bravest and most honourable men.

FYI:

Were do people go when they are struggling in their country? Australia! Australia has millions of refuges coming to use year fter year, thats because worldwide we have the reputation of fun and fairness.
    I could go on and on about what our county has as well as comparison to other countires, but the fact is in all fairness I do believe that we are one of the best if not THE best country in the world.

Ta!
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Also Hassan could you mind explaining?

Well, basically I did explained my rating. People as in 50-50 and economy as in a failing economy. and military as in an efficient and active one.

And no, Indus Valley is in Pakistan. There is a little part in modern India where the civilization was found, but it was based in Pakistan, it's center being in Sindh and Punjab.

And you forgot about people and economy, even if you do not do FYI.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:50 pm

den denz wrote:Ok well for staters no one needs to rate mine we'll just all agree ten outta ten ay?

ANYWAYZ:

Australia!!!

Government:

No corruption, our gaovernment is a democracy under the Queen, our goveernment is constantly working to improve our country (but when we are so close to perfect (jokes im not this up myself) its hard to improve on it) And they are providing constant somedy rountines!!! They are so much fun to bag out and they can take a joke!!!

Landscape:

Well we are the world's biggest Island continent, we aren't on any fault lines, we have the worlds most famous reef, "the great barrier reef", we have amazing historic sites such as uluru or airs rock, we have everything from deserts to rain forrest to snow covered mountains, our country lands are the most beautiful ever!

People:

We are the most laid back nation on the earth yet when an international tradgety (spelling) occurs we are one of the quickest to react and jump in. And our city people are way better than those in places such as new york (I've cracked it they don't smile to strangers they go "mornin". Our people are just the greatest, and don't forget the hot Aussie acsent.

Ecnomy:

We stable over here, I mean our farmers are all in drought (in the southern regions) yet together with the government we are surporting them and helping them through it. All in all our economys a success.

Religion:

We are as multidenominational as it comes! I think the majority are still Christian. None of our religions are causing wars or major riots. As laid back as we are, we accept others religions and don't prejudice against someone because of their religion.

Military:

We, unlike some people, use our military to aid in making the world a better place and defence. We don't need huge army because we are peaceful. Yet when you look at the war records next to soilders that have been honoured you begin to see a pattern, of Australian soilders being some of the bravest and most honourable men.

FYI:

Were do people go when they are struggling in their country? Australia! Australia has millions of refuges coming to use year fter year, thats because worldwide we have the reputation of fun and fairness.
    I could go on and on about what our county has as well as comparison to other countires, but the fact is in all fairness I do believe that we are one of the best if not THE best country in the world.

Ta!

I won't rate the rest since you dont want us to, but I need to say. Australias goverment Fails
    Any country's goverment that anyhow got involved in the Iraq war...failed.
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:05 pm

No way rate it! I was joking!

And... We have a new government now!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:55 pm

den denz wrote:No way rate it! I was joking!

And... We have a new government now!

When you rate mines first :tounge: ( Razz )

Well latest I've heard...their are still Australian troops in Iraq, if I am not mistaken.
    den denz
    den denz
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by den denz Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Oh, if your not mistaken huh??

Lol, yeah I'm not to sure, they took out nearlly all of them about a month ago but I think there are still some over their finishing their assignment that will be home within the month!

How sweet is that!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:07 pm

den denz wrote:Oh, if your not mistaken huh??

Lol, yeah I'm not to sure, they took out nearlly all of them about a month ago but I think there are still some over their finishing their assignment that will be home within the month!

How sweet is that!

Hurray for them

And boo at the country that got ***** because of the west and is now back to the stone age

Edit: Word Choice Ahmed!
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:04 pm

Ahmed, are you saying Afghanistan, Iraq or both?

And by the way, I do not think that it is either of this country which should be blamed (or cursed), I think it is the west and pathetically weak international Muslim community.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:21 pm

Yeah both...

Well it particapated, and we are currently just talking about just this country (Australia)

P.S.: Damn is not a curse word. Besides it is the only word that actually fits the two state's states.
    Hassan
    Hassan
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Hassan Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Ok Ahmed. But just to say, it is listed as a curse word in Websters' dictionary. You can just say ruined, as 'to bring ruin on' is one of the meanings of this word.

Moving on....

Australia:

Government: 7: for their handling of international issues and their reaction to it.
    Landscape: 8: naturally beautiful.
    People: 5: like anyother, good and bad.
    Economy: 8: stable and prosperous, though it is also affected by the current global depression
    Military: 7: due to their ability to achieve their goal, ranked 68th by number of active troops.

I hope you will rate Ahmed and mine as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:36 pm