New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

What are the thoughts on this video?

Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11096
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : What are the thoughts on this video? Cool

What are the thoughts on this video? Empty What are the thoughts on this video?

Post by Ace Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14053
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : What are the thoughts on this video? Cheerful

What are the thoughts on this video? Empty Re: What are the thoughts on this video?

Post by Fangy Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Oh this dude? He's just some old angry British dude. Kind of a johnson.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

What are the thoughts on this video? Empty Re: What are the thoughts on this video?

Post by Ace Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Never seen him before lol, and although he's hella mad, he raises some valid points.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 11053
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood : What are the thoughts on this video? Paranoid

Post by jj16802 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm just plain anti-Religion.
    Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 10059
    Username Change Points : 19149
    Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Mood : What are the thoughts on this video? Tired

Post by Craig Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:02 pm

jj16802 wrote:I'm just plain anti-Religion.
    Is that your religion?
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Craig wrote:
    Is that your religion?
    Lack of religion is not religion.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:24 am

Fangy wrote:
    Craig wrote:
    Is that your religion?
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:28 pm

There's nothing wrong with religion unless you use your religion as an excuse to be mean. Then you have a problem.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60915
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Ahmed Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:38 pm

A few points that he mentions in the video:

Islam is built on prejudice, injustice and inhumanity.
    Misogyny, Aggressiveness, Jew hatred, intolerance, persecution

On Injustice:

“God commands justice and fair dealing...” (Quran 16:90)

“O you who believe, be upright for God, and (be) bearers of witness with justice!...” (Quran 5:Cool

“We sent Our Messengers with clear signs and sent down with them the Book and the Measure in order to establish justice among the people…” (Quran 57:25)

“O you who believe!  Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even if it be against yourselves, your parents, and your relatives, or whether it is against the rich or the poor...” (Quran 4:135)

And approach not the property of the orphan except in the fairest way, until he [or she] attains the age of full strength, and give measurement and weight with justice…” (Quran 6:152, also see 89:17, 93:9, and 107:2)

On injustice, prejudice

“God does not forbid you from doing good and being just to those who have neither fought you over your faith nor evicted you from your homes...” (Quran 60:Cool

Inhuamnity:
    (On war)

Narrated By ‘Abdullah : During some of the Ghazawat of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah’s Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children.

“I advise you ten things| Do not kill women or children or an aged, infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly.”
    “…if any one slew a person – unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land – it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.” (Qur'an)

Misogyny:

There is a chapter in the Qur'an called "Women". None on males.

"And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women." [Noble Quran 2]

"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise, for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward." [Noble Quran 33]

Who so does that which is right, and believes, whether male or female, him or her will We quicken to happy life." [Noble Quran 16]

"O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the dowry you have given them - except when they have become guilty of open lewdness. On the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If you take a dislike to them, it may be that you dislike something and Allah will bring about through it a great deal of good." [Noble Quran 4]

Jew hatred:

Good point. Hitler was Muslim as you can see.

What are the thoughts on this video? Pope-pius-meets-hitler

Besides that, can't really reply to this point because I don't know of any instance in the Qur'an that says to hate jews. If you are referring to Palestine/Israel conflict. That's because the zionists stole their land. There are many Jews out there who hate israel.

Persecution:

Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

[Al-Qur'an 60]

Yeah, you're right Ace. The guy makes good points.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:29 pm

A wrote:If you are referring to Palestine/Israel conflict.

I'm not referring to anything. This video has nothing to do with me at all, nor does it represent any of my views. I just want some questions answered.

And yes, Ahmed, I'm pretty sure the Quran preaches hatred toward Jews, it just doesn't directly name Judaism. It preaches death to every single living thing that does not follow Islam, no? Death just because they have a very simple differing opinion on what they want to believe in?

These are the points I was talking about, though:

What's all that about preaching death to homosexuals? Humanity is a progressive society. Society's acceptance of homosexuality and stuff like that is growing by the day, yet religions like Islam are blocking societal progression and are keeping it in a rut. Why is Islam so staunchly against progression?

And how about the part about being lynched if you so much as look at the Quran the wrong way? What kind of savages kill for the way you look at a book? It essentially preaches death for those who have different opinions than those in power.

Why kill homosexuals and people with differing opinions? Because the book tells you too? Refer to Fang's post...

And what about the part from 4:30 - 5:30? Can you justify that nonsense?
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Ace wrote:I'm not referring to anything. This video has nothing to do with me at all, nor does it represent any of my views. I just want some questions answered.

My bad. What I meant by "you are referring" was the guy in the video.

Ace wrote:And yes, Ahmed, I'm pretty sure the Quran preaches hatred toward Jews, it just doesn't directly name Judaism.

If you're sure, then quote it.

Ace wrote:It preaches death to every single living thing that does not follow Islam, no?

The Noble Qur'an wrote:God does not forbid you from doing good and being just to those who have neither fought you over your faith nor evicted you from your homes...” (Quran 60:8 )

The Noble Qur'an wrote:Let there be no compulsion in religion.  Truth has been made clear from error.  Whoever rejects false worship and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks.  And God hears and knows all things.” (Quran 2:256)

The Noble Qur'an wrote:If it had been your Lord’s will, all of the people on Earth would have believed.  Would you then compel the people so to have them believe? (Quran 10:99)

The Noble Qur'an wrote:So if they dispute with you, say ‘I have submitted my whole self to God, and so have those who follow me.’  And say to the People of the Scripture and to the unlearned: ‘Do you also submit yourselves?’  If they do, then they are on right guidance.  But if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message.  And in God’s sight are all of His servants. (Quran 3:20)

The Noble Qur'an wrote:The Messenger’s duty is but to proclaim the Message. (Quran 5:99)

Ace wrote:What's all that about preaching death to homosexuals?

Doesn't exist in the Qur'an. The Qur'an doesn't tell Muslims to kill homosexuals.

Islam doesn't accept homosexuality because it's a sin. With that said, not accepting does not mean we kill them. It just means that we don't accept them.

Islam is not against progression. In fact, Islam led progression during Europe's dark ages. The key here is, what is progression? We don't view homosexuality as progression. In fact, it's a very old thing that existed in the times of the prophets.

Ace wrote:And how about the part about being lynched if you so much as look at the Quran the wrong way?

Doesn't exist.

Ace wrote:Why kill homosexuals and people with differing opinions?

No where in the Qur'an does it tell us to kill homosexuals. As for those with differing opinions, read the above quoted verses.

Ace wrote:And what about the part from 4:30 - 5:30? Can you justify that nonsense?

He talks about child marriage. Nothing is said about this in the Qur'an. I'm assuming he's talking about the time of the Prophet (SAW) (his life). Child marriage was a very normal thing back then. It was practiced in all society's. You are holding something that was done back then, with today's standards. That's a fallacy.

Putting a scarf on a little girl doesn't sexualize the little girl. It raises her to be a religious Muslim later in life. The headscarf isn't about men and rape. It's about modesty and Chasity. Most Muslims girls start wearing the headscarf around their teen years or later. The little girls that he talks to are just done for practice. Not even required from the religion.

His statement about "It's not the men's fault, and if they see hair then they could rape her" is nothing but mere hate and ignorance. Why aren't Muslims raping the Christians in the predominately Muslim countries today? Where in the Qur'an did it say to rape anyone? It says that in the Bible. Not the Quran.

Ace, you speak with certainty, but everything you know is from hate and ignorance. Read the Qur'an yourself. Read the hadiths (sayings of the Prophet (SAW)) yourself. Read Muslims sites that explain what Islam is about yourself. And make your own judgement. Don't listen to some guy who spreads lies and deceit.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Post by Fangy Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:50 pm

Ey Ahmed, I didn't know the Qur'an used  Cool as a number
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:57 am

^^ LOL imagine that smiley drawn in those books.

So if all this is written, then where exactly do all of these assumptions originate from? Are many Muslims not following the Quran as close as they should be, or is a lot of this just made up?
    Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 10059
    Username Change Points : 19149
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post by Craig Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:55 am

Ace wrote:
    Fangy wrote:
    Craig wrote:
    Is that your religion?
    Excuse me, are you religiously anti-religion.

Being non-religious and anti-religion is different. Thus, the angry and stereotypical atheists.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Post by Ahmed Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Ace wrote:So if all this is written, then where exactly do all of these assumptions originate from? Are many Muslims not following the Quran as close as they should be, or is a lot of this just made up?

Ignorance and hatred. He fuels his hatred spree by making things up. I just quoted from the source (The Qur'an). He just pulls things out of his ass.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:43 pm