New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixed the Home and Forum button descriptions

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60928
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Fixed the Home and Forum button descriptions Tired

Fixed the Home and Forum button descriptions Empty Fixed the Home and Forum button descriptions

Post by Ahmed Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:34 pm

10/5/13

I'm just so proud of myself for being able to make these Java codes that I felt the need to announce it as a separate update Razz

The "Home" button read "Portal", when you put your cursor over it, and the "Forum" button read "Home", when you put your cursor over it.

I couldn't change it normally because the options to change name were grayed out (in the Admin panel). It was hard coded.

Using inspect element, I was able to get the ID code for the Portal and Home buttons and I wrote a Java code that allowed me to change them Very Happy

-Loveless
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60928
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Fixed the Home and Forum button descriptions Tired

Fixed the Home and Forum button descriptions Empty Re: Fixed the Home and Forum button descriptions

Post by Ahmed Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Small update: Changed the forum's name from "The New Horizings Times" to "The New Horizons Times"

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:50 am