New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Games to look forward to?

jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 11067
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood : Games to look forward to? Paranoid

Games to look forward to? Empty Games to look forward to?

Post by jj16802 Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:15 pm

What games are you looking forward to this year?
    I'm looking forward to getting this for my PS Vita:

For consoles, Bioshock Infinite, Aliens Colonial Marines, Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, GTA V, Last of Us, Army of Two The Devil's Cartel, and Rainbow Six Patriots. Battlefield 4 would have been on this list, but a report says that the game may come out in 2014.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11110
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : Games to look forward to? Cool

Games to look forward to? Empty Re: Games to look forward to?

Post by Ace Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:44 pm

BF4 will probably be for PS4/Xbox 2014. Also, I heard Crysis 3 isn't worth it unless you're getting it for PC.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Ace wrote:BF4 will probably be for PS4/Xbox 2014. Also, I heard Crysis 3 isn't worth it unless you're getting it for PC.
    I played the beta both on PC and PS3. PS3 does have a noticeable difference in graphics, but was able to run it without making the frames weird. My PC, which has an average video card (ATI 6770), was able to run the beta with better graphics but was stuttering at times. So it depends if you have a good gaming PC or not.
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:56 pm

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:BF4 will probably be for PS4/Xbox 2014. Also, I heard Crysis 3 isn't worth it unless you're getting it for PC.
    I played the beta both on PC and PS3. PS3 does have a noticeable difference in graphics, but was able to run it without making the frames weird. My PC, which has an average video card (ATI 6770), was able to run the beta with better graphics but was stuttering at times. So it depends if you have a good gaming PC or not.

True.

I'm not really sure if I'll buy any new games, I might just wait for BF4, and even then, I'll wait a few months after it comes out to see if it's just another ultra-rushed game and to wait for the inevitable Premium Edition that rips off everyone that bought it on release date.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

True.

I'm not really sure if I'll buy any new games, I might just wait for BF4, and even then, I'll wait a few months after it comes out to see if it's just another ultra-rushed game and to wait for the inevitable Premium Edition that rips off everyone that bought it on release date.
    I'm obviously not going to be able to get all of the games I listed above, so I'll probably wait for a price drop or something. BF4 is a long time so I may get a couple of games to fill in the gap.

Also I don't know if I'm going to get a next-gen console or not. There's that problem. Sony's been teasing the PS4 lately:
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:12 pm

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

True.

I'm obviously not going to be able to get all of the games I listed above, so I'll probably wait for a price drop or something. BF4 is a long time so I may get a couple of games to fill in the gap.

Also I don't know if I'm going to get a next-gen console or not. There's that problem. Sony's been teasing the PS4 lately:
    Look at above post for video.

Yeah I saw that teaser yesterday, though it's a waste of time to watch because all it does is confirm the buttons they'll use on the controllers. Hilarious

Quad-Core New Xbox > PS4
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

True.

Yeah I saw that teaser yesterday, though it's a waste of time to watch because all it does is confirm the buttons they'll use on the controllers. Hilarious

Quad-Core New Xbox > PS4
    Nope. It's been said that the PS4 will use better hardware compared to the next Xbox:

Last edited by jj16802 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:32 pm

[quote="jj16802"]
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

True.

Quad-Core New Xbox > PS4
    Nope. It's been said that the PS4 will use better hardware compared to the next Xbox:
    That's a major disappointment. Sad At least the Xbox should be a little cheaper, though. I can't stand PS3 controller layouts and the PS4 ones look even worse. I'm sticking with Microsoft no matter what...

PS4 controller:
    Games to look forward to? W8FTSX5S

It's totally legit.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

True.

Quad-Core New Xbox > PS4

That's a major disappointment. Sad At least the Xbox should be a little cheaper, though. I can't stand PS3 controller layouts and the PS4 ones look even worse. I'm sticking with Microsoft no matter what...

PS4 controller:

It's totally legit.
    For the Xbox controller, I don't like how the left joystick and the d-pad are switched and the controller is a bit too large for my hands (That's what she said?).

Games to look forward to? Xbox_720_controller_by_alessandelpho

The only thing that made sense in the design was the concave triggers and joysticks.

Meanwhile, the Dualshock controller has barely changed since the PS1 came out. That's got to mean something.

Also, another quote pyramid incoming!

Last edited by jj16802 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Post by Ace Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:53 pm

jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

True.

Quad-Core New Xbox > PS4

PS4 controller:

It's totally legit.
    For the Xbox controller, I don't like how the left joystick and the d-pad are switched and the controller is a bit too large for my hands (That's what she said?).

The only thing that made sense in the design was the concave triggers and joysticks.

Meanwhile, the Dualshock controller has barely changed since the PS1 came out. That's got to mean something.

After extensive observations and research I shockingly conclude that controller is FAKE!

And this pyramid will be the biggest yet.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:01 pm

Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:
    Ace wrote:
    jj16802 wrote:

True.

Quad-Core New Xbox > PS4

PS4 controller:

It's totally legit.

After extensive observations and research I shockingly conclude that controller is FAKE!

And this pyramid will be the biggest yet.
    The pyramid is so big, my PC will blow up before it gets a chance to run Crysis 4 Hilarious

And my bad. it will look like this:
    Games to look forward to? Button10

Last edited by jj16802 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14067
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : Games to look forward to? Cheerful

Post by Fangy Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:55 am

Pokemon X/Y
    Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 10059
    Username Change Points : 19163
    Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Mood : Games to look forward to? Tired

Post by Craig Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:27 am

none because im cheap and dont own anything.

maybe farcry3... but thats old.
    Fangy
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 14067
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood : Games to look forward to? Cheerful

Post by Fangy Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Also, don't ever make a quote pyramid with embedded videos again xD it gets really annoying
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:59 pm

colour wrote:none because im cheap and dont own anything.

Just got that recently. It's really fun!
    Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Craig Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 pm

jj16802 wrote:
    colour wrote:none because im cheap and dont own anything.

Just got that recently. It's really fun!
    Yeah, I stumbled upon a playthrough of it and just fell in love with it.

also off topic: can someone edit the videos out of the quote pyramid? it freezes all my devices.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:13 pm

It's done. I would have done it sooner if it weren't for my internet losing connection every time I open a new page... >.<
    Craig
    Craig
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Craig Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the Metal Gear game as well.
    jj16802
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Post by jj16802 Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Also bad news. I think both consoles are using technology that prevents users from playing used games:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:44 am