New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

greatest TW victories

Doc
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 15182
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood : greatest TW victories  Relaxed

greatest TW victories  Empty greatest TW victories

Post by Doc Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:44 am

post'em here

even though I STRONGLY think there was a bug with the Timurid AI because they would do this at least 5 more times when besieging me

The Great Siege of Tiblisi, 1376 AD

greatest TW victories  Photo014

Timur, a ruthless conqueror from the East who had already conquered Persia, Central Asia, and much of India who was descendant of the Mongols themselves, made his grand entry unto my lands with his powerful, seemingly unstoppable horde. This horde, although smaller in number, was even more fearsome than the Mongols of Halaku Khan who were already at war with me and my empire. Although Timur was a Muslim and his descendants would establish the Mughal empire in South Asia, he had his eyes set on conquering my territories so he laid siege to the castle of Tiblisi, which wasn't heavily fortified nor did it contain a strong garrison and attacked in the year 1376 and I had to defend my castle from this monstrous army equipped with war elephants with soldiers mounted upon them with rifles as well as cannons and it was led by Timur himself, the highest ranking enemy general in the game with full command stars.

And so the battle began. I had 1 unit of Sipahis and Turkomen (both depleted) behind my walls, 5 plague depleted units of Hashashim, 3 units of spear militia (also depleted) and about 6 town militia soldiers with no general leading my army, just a captain. 264 in total against Timurs 837, I was outnumbered a little more than 3 to 1. I places all of my infantry on guard mode directly behind the gates of my castle and had the horse arches towards the sides of the walls, firing arrows over them. The 6 town militia were placed directly in between the wall towers so they would fire arrows, I remember in my previous battles that they wouldn't shoot anything at the enemy unless i had some units on the walls, and doing this believe it or not ultimately gave me victory. The battle began and the massive Timurid army advanced towards my gates, with 4 units of war elephants, endless amounts of cavalry and then infantry, both heavy and spear with ladders and a siege tower. But there was one fatal mistake that made, the Timurids never built a battering ram! So these guys literally lined up with elephants in front to my gate and fired a barrage of arrows over my walls while waiting for their siege tower to connect to my walls as well as ladders. Luckily their siege tower was destroyed by my wall towers flaming arrows and I sent a unit of Hashashim to defend my walls against their spearmen who attacked with ladders. The spearmen routed after some easy fighting from my hashashim.

After that sequence, it was like watching a massacre! Countless amounts of arrows being fired from all sides and dead corpses of Timurid warriors piling up outside my gates

greatest TW victories  Photo015

with their siege tower destroyed and their spear infantry routed, they simply fired arrows over my walls without anyway to breach my gates (maybe building a ram would help full command general?? Rolling Eyes ) eventually their prized war elephants too began to fall and run a mock and Timur himself, the mighty conqueror, was slain but they kept fighting. I sent my missile cavalry back to the castle center after they ran out of ammo. But what I don't understand why they didn't send the rest of their infantry on my walls through their ladders, instead they parked them outside my gates firing arrows and waiting to die. At one point, the cannon elephant units tried to destroy my tower walls but this too failed ... so what was once a sea of the greatest warriors was just a sea of dead bodies, Timur himself being among them. The timer appeared and for those 3 minutes the bodies kept piling up. I'd never seen anything like that, such a great blunder from the BEST enemy general in the game.

greatest TW victories  Photo016

And as you can see, those 6 spear militia operating the wall towers that ended an entry army of the top fighters in teh game, weren't credited for any kills Hilarious
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60953
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : greatest TW victories  Tired

greatest TW victories  Empty Re: greatest TW victories

Post by Ahmed Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:05 am

Nice win
    Doc