New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What in the hell...?

Ace
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 11120
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood : What in the hell...? Cool

What in the hell...? Empty What in the hell...?

Post by Ace

Mm. I tried to find a post I made a really long time ago (not too long after I joined) but it must've been auto-deleted or something...

But it went something like this. You guys most likely don't remember it. Steve wasn't here in the first place though.

Several years ago, when I was almost but not quite eight years old, I had a dream. This is one of the oldest memories I have, save for my first nightmare and a few actual events. In the dream (strangely, I can still remember it with ease) I was inside what looked like a silver cylinder. Some parts of the cylinder were pitch black, with light occasionally flashing a little bit in the middle of the blackness. There were rows of chairs along the walls, and I was sitting (from my perspective) on the right side. I was alone except for one black gangsta dude, sitting on the left. It was completely silent except for gangsta-ish beat coming from a black and silver iPhone the guy was holding (iPhones weren't even out back then. Wtf?).

Then, in 2009, I went to Washington DC. My parents wanted to see a bunch of landmarks and stuff, while I wanted to see the war memorials. So I split off from my parents one day after agreeing to meet them again at a certain place at a certain time. Off topic, but DC is a really awesome place. There are a lot of interesting things to see, as well as many people on the streets just playing guitars or drums or whatever. It's a really cool place...but when I wanted to see something that would normally require like two hours walking distance, I decided to instead take the subway. So yeah, you can now probably guess what the silver and black cylinder was.

DC calls it "The Metro" because the subway system goes back and forth from above to below ground. But I'll call it a subway cause I'm a foo. So anyway, I got on the subway, and stuff I can't really remember happened. Anyway, after a few stops, most people got off the subway car, and the black guy got on. He started to play the gangsta beat thing, but I still had no recollection of my dream. In fact, I completely forgot it's existence when I woke up that morning so many years ago. But as the subway drove on (drove?), I started to get this really weird feeling. I ignored it, until the music reached a certain point and it exactly matched the music I had heard when I was seven. Instantly, like a slap in the face, I remembered the dream. I remembered everything about it. The whole connection was the beat of the music. I could predict which notes would come next. I was amazed at myself. To be honest, I felt pretty friggen awesome.

But there was one difference between dream and reality. There were actually other people other than the black guy and myself. Just a few...but it was still a difference. Right after the incident, the subway went out of the tunnel (hence why the sides of the "cylinder" were black with flashing lights. Black=Tunnel Darkness, Flashes=Mandatory navigation lights). The black guy got off. Then after that, it was my stop. The rest of the day was normal. At 5:00 or 6:00, I went back to the lodge.

The lodge was in Virginia. Though that's kinda irrelevant. DC and its hotels were fully booked so we had to stay out-of-state. The lodge was a really small building with three small beds. Since I have a brother, that didn't really work out. Since I have insomnia anyway, I volunteered to take the crappy foldable couch-bed thing while my brother got the real bed. Surprisingly, I fell asleep really quickly that night. The next morning, after waking up, I decided to take advantage of the TV right in front of me. So I found the remote and turned it on. The very first thing that popped up scared the sh!t out of me.

It was already set on the news channel, and the very first thing showed the exact face of the black guy I saw in the subway. He was murdered in the robbery of an Apple Store (back to the iPhone thing) last night. He was shot by the robber and killed instantly. I just remember wanted to scream 'what the f**k'... Anyway, I've let this go as a really freaky coincidence.

Then, Flame just so happened to bring up his suicidal thing. I began to think about my, now that I think about it, stange suicidal history. One, and only one night, I became extremely, horribly depressed, like all my friends in the world had died. All I remember is wanting to kill myself. I searched and searched for my knife, but couldn't find it. Then I just remember blacking out. Next morning, all was fine. I felt totally normal if not happier.

The reason this is weird is because of when it happened. The only good thing I've got in my life is a good memory and eye-foot coordination... I specifically remembered the day that happened, so just in case it happened again, I could tell someone when I started being depressed. The point is, I was depressed past midnight on March 11th 2010, exactly one day before the Sendai earthquake in Japan (which just barely happened after midnight).

When I pieced what I hope was BS together, all I could think was, Seriously? What the f**king hell? This kinda pisses me off, cause I'm fricken scared of myself right now. I don't believe in all that mystic/psychic BS, but this is just out of sanity. But I promise you, I'm telling the truth.

Should I see a psychiatrist or something?
    Share this post on: reddit

IR

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:04 am by IR

As I've been told, there usually fire, burning, and whipping in the hell. Too painful
    Steve

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:26 am by Steve

maybe you should see a psychiatrist.

because i have no reason to believe the things you have said are possible, im going to try a logical counter argument.

sometimes we fill in details after the event, like memories can be changed slightly to something that could have been possible... suggestion can change memory.

so maybe when your lying on your brothers couch, still thinking about the guy from the subway and you see a black guy on the news, with a link to apple, you could have been looking for links subconsciously, maybe the news story re-enforced your mental image of his face with the face on tv.

In my dreams i never see peoples faces, but i know who they are, so thats where im coming from here.

Ahmed

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 am by Ahmed

Just letting you know that nothing gets auto-deleted on this forum.

Will read later.
    Ace

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:25 pm by Ace

But on the subway, the link to the music just made me instantly remember the dream... it was weird. But I'm sure if I went to a psychiatrist I'd just be labeled an insano.

I had another dream last night...but it was just a random one that couldn't become true. Hilarious
    Ace

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:55 pm by Ace

Derp. My time, the earthquake happened at 11:46 or something. So the depression thing's just a coincidence.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:59 am