New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Brown Interview...

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60928
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Brown Interview... Tired

Brown Interview... Empty Brown Interview...

Post by Ahmed Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:42 pm

I never realized how scary Journalists are...

What I didn't tell you guys is that my interview was in the New York Times building. My interviewer was an old Chinese lady.

We sat in front of her computer and EVERY word that I said she wrote...the only thing left for her to write was "He is breathing...he is thinking" ...literally.

She asked me "How are your SATs?"

I said "My SATs are my downfall"...she wrote that exactly on her file >__<

I also didn't like how she asked me to which other colleges am I applying to...that should be personal...It sort of seems now that I just applied to every ivy and have no real value for Brown...from the ivys I told her I am applying to Princeton, yale, cornell...and I said nyu, macaulay and fordham...good thing I didn't say Harvard LOL.

We talked a lot about Egypt's problems since her daughter went to the American University in Cairo for 1 year. At the end she asked me about how I think the political landscape in Egypt will develop. Her daughter is Jewish-Chinese.

I forgot to tell her about NH...and I think its good that I didn't. I could totally imagine her making an account and reading everything that I write...

She pushed me to detail everything that I said...

I felt like being interviewed for the newspaper rather than a college interview lol. She reminded me of the journalist from Harry Potter.

Besides that the interview was exactly 45 minutes...went very smoothly. She told me about her daughter... interesting life.
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 11852
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : Brown Interview... Stressed

Brown Interview... Empty Re: Brown Interview...

Post by preid1220 Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:45 am

Ahmed journalists speak with a devils tongue, if she wanted to i bet she could get you to say anything.
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60928
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : Brown Interview... Tired

Post by Ahmed Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:48 am

She sort of did...I said things that I didn't mean to say, but they involved politics...I don't think college will care about my personal view.

And she kept on pressuring me for details...details...details.

If I were to compare the Columbia and Brown interviews...

Columbia >Brown: In what we talked about.
    Brown> Columbia: Flowed smoothly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:02 am