New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Friend or Foe?

Reaper
    Reaper
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 100
    Username Change Points : 5988
    Registration date : 2007-12-18

Friend or Foe? Empty Friend or Foe?

Post by Reaper Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:12 am

I started this for my language arts/litituare class and my friends tell me its pretty good so heres a short story i wrote, i will post the ender when i get to a good conclusion for the story.

Friend Or Foe

Spartan-0072, Kurt, surveyed the rebel base. He turned on his COM link and told John and Mark to move in on the patroling gaurds. The squads objective, retrive stolen nukes and destroy the facilaty. Siently and quickly, Mark and John came up behind the gaurds and twisted the necks until they heard the satisfying "crack". "Ok, move in, Mark stand gaurd at the north gate, Linda, stay in the trees and snipe anyone that may raise an alarm, Kelly, John, and Fred, your with me, lets move out." ordered Kurt over COM, green acknowledge lights winked on the screen of his helmet indicating that the orders were understood. Even in their dark green MJOUNER armour, they moved across the expanse of the open dirt feild undected. "Ok, listen up, the base is guarded by radation, motion, and heat sensors, they have ATK drokds and gaurd patrols here, we have fifteen minutes until the droids are back from refueling and the sensors are back online, Spartans, move out!" orded Kurt. The spartans leaped to the roof with strength no normal soilder could match. Fred tore off the vent with uncanny strength. They jumped down, landed in a croudh leveling their MB45 assult rifles and surveying theri surroundings. " Radation leaks at 11 o' clock, could be the nukes, Kelly, go get a better look at the radation, we'll cover you." said Kurt. Kelly's acknowledge light winked green and she ran down the hallway. As she turned the corner gun shot was heard and Kelly retreated behind teh corner, the rest of the team came over and kurt pointed his finger into his palm and turned it into a fist, the spartan comand for group fire on my mark. As soon as Kurt's foot started movement the rest of the team moved as one around the corner and shot at the gaurds who fell limp dead soon after. Kurt put his palms together then seperated them calling for COM silience. They started down the hallway and found what they were looking for, two crates on tracks, ready for transport, he motioned for Fred to push the carts with them. They moved swiftly and siliently down the hallway, they reached the north gate where Mark was supposed to be. Kurt knew Mark would be close by, watching. Kurt blinked the amber and yellow lights on his display indicating to mark he was not a foe. Green lights winked on from both Mark and Linda. He motioned for his team to move to the tree ling and ready their APC for evac. They loaded the nukes and called for the dropship to meet at the evacuation drop spot. A minute later the stealth ship, Dusk apperead, Kurt drove th APC into the Dusk and took head count, every one had made it back, he then took out a small remote, pressed a button, and a mement later the drop ship tremored in the air as if an earthquake had some how hit the ship, the rebel base collasped in a loud thunder as the last of the charges went off. " Good job spartans, good job." acknowledged Kurt.
    " So, Dr. Haselys spartans have done it agian I see." stated admirial Anderson
    " Yes sir, six spartans took out the rebel base where as we sent fifty soldiers who had to retread minutes later." said and aid.
    " Breif me agian on what these, spartans, are and how they run."
    " Yes sir," started the aid, " created by Dr. Hastely seven years ago, these spartans are basically super soldiers, there are few because of the specific gene requirements but these spartans have the strength of ten soldiers, speeds of up to fifty kilometers in full sprints, and genetically enchanced bodies. They recieved all types of shots and ivs for bone density, their bones are near impossible to break, slowed nerve reaction time letting them go long without feeling any pain, strength enchancers, not to mention their strict four year training in weapons, enemy technology, enemy counter intel, to numerous other war time needs."
    " Good, thats what i thought. I have the perfect mission for these supermen then, remember that UCS force on Reach we needed to recon, give them a week to break and breif them on their new mission." ordered Anderson.
    " Yes sir." said the aid, saluted and went off down the ships halls.
    Kurt was at the shooting range praticing with his pistol, MB45 assult rifle, and some UCS plasma guns when Dr. Hasely came behind him and shook his shoulder. Kurt turned and saw the familar face, eyes that burned with passion, courage, and mostly intelligance. Her hair shined like molten silver with streaks of gray. Kurt stood at attention until Dr. Hasely waved her hand telling him she's no officer. " I don't know who that admirial thinks he is, first he doesn't like the spartans because of cost, and now he loves them because you've taken out rebel bases, destroyed UCS forces, and have a 99.9% mission completion percentage." said Dr. Hasely.
    " Let me guess, he have us a mission that has a low survival rate." said Kurt.
    " When doesn't he, the mission is reconing the planet Reach, a UCS fleet was seen landing there and they want you to check it out." replied Hasely.
    " Sounds easy enough, but you never know what will come from the UCS."

I'll write the rest of it in another post after i get some reviews, be honest and thansk for your time.
    -Reaper
    Metalgoose30
    Metalgoose30
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 703
    Username Change Points : 6028
    Registration date : 2007-11-07

Friend or Foe? Empty Re: Friend or Foe?

Post by Metalgoose30 Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:11 am

its pretty good 4/5 i thought towards the end it got a little boring.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:38 pm