New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

A Complete History

Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60939
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : A Complete History Tired

A Complete History Empty A Complete History

Post by Ahmed Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:54 am

History of Palestine

***I'll be neutral so this topic so it could be objective. I'll state all the facts.

A Complete History Palestinevq1

First the Egyptians owned the region:

A Complete History Hittite3

Then Cannian nomads around 2,000 B.C. established the Land of Canaan:

A Complete History Kingdomisrealjudah1gi1

The Canaanites, were a Semitic people speaking a language close to Hebrew. "Phoenicia" is the Greek translation of "Canaan,"--the land of purple merchants," referring perhaps to the dye they used to colour cloth.

Later it was settles by The Monarchy, 1020 - 920 B.C.

Reign of Saul, 1020-1000 BC
    After two hundred years of only marginal success in occupying and holding lands in Palestine, the Hebrews, who were initially a loosely coordinated series of tribes linked by the Ark of the Covenant, united for a century under a series of powerful kings, beginning with Saul, a farmer from the tribe of Benjamin. Saul's goal was to retake territory lost to the Philistines. He is eventually succeeded by David of Bethlehem (Prophet Daud, p.b.u.h.) who continued Saul's consolidation and established his capital at Jerusalem.

Then Prophet David (AS) ruled the area of Palestine.

Later Soloman (AS) ruled Palestine, and he was the 3rd and united king to unite and rule a hebrew state.

When Prophet (AS) Soloman died, his kingdom weakned and split into 2:

A Complete History Judahmap1ke6

In the north it was the Kingdom of Israel, with their capital in Samaria. In the south it was the Kingdom of Judah, with their capital in Jeursalem.

Israel fell to Assyria in about 722 B.C and the Babylonians ultimately conquered Judah in 586 BC.

When Josiah's son, Jehoahaz, became king, the king of Egypt, Necho (put into power by the Assyrians), rushed into Judah and deposed him, and Judah became a tribute state of Egypt. When the Babylonians defeated the Egyptians in 605 BC, then Judah became a tribute state to Babylon. But when the Babylonians suffered a defeat in 601 BC, the king of Judah, Jehoiakim, defected to the Egyptians. So the Babylonian king, Nebuchadnezzar, raised an expedition to punish Judah in 597 BC. The new king of Judah, Jehoiachin, handed the city of Jerusalem over to Nebuchadnezzar.

Thus in 586 BC, Judah itself ceased to be an independent kingdom.

This period of deportation which began in 597 BC, when the Chaldeans deported the Jews after conquering Jerusalem, is traditionally dated as 586 BC in Jewish history and is called the Exile. It ends in 538 when the Persians overthrow the Chaldeans.

In 539 - 538 B.C. Cyrus the Persian (580-529 BC) conquered Mesopotamia, allowing the Jews to return home.

After two centuries of serving as a vassal state to Persia, Judah suddenly found itself the vassal state of Macedonia, a Greek state. Alexander the Great had conquered Persia and had, in doing so, conquered most of the world, which was under Persian rule at the time; in a blink of an eye, it now fell to the Greeks.

In 63 BC, Romans incorporated Judah into their empire, as the province of Judea, and placed the Jewish lands under kings.

Later it went to Byzantine rule.
    ============================================
    I guess I'll stop here since this is too much...tell me when you are done icehawk and Ill continue...anyone correct me if you want. And if anyone has questions please ask Happy
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60939
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : A Complete History Tired

A Complete History Empty Re: A Complete History

Post by Ahmed Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 pm

I hope icehawk read this...
    jj16802