New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

New Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The story of Metalgoose30

Metalgoose30
    Metalgoose30
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 703
    Username Change Points : 6026
    Registration date : 2007-11-07

The story of Metalgoose30 Empty The story of Metalgoose30

Post by Metalgoose30 Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:04 pm

it was a great day on Turtoial Island where all the noobs were learning the rules and how to play Runescape.Then, out of no where a new noob called "metalgoose30" came into the land.After he chose his geeky look he ran over to the Fishing and Firemaking tutor and asked "can I skip u because i already know these skills?" "no u cant" said the tutor "please" "no" "please" "no" "please" "no" "PLEASE!" "no" "fine!"
    Metalgoose30 pushes her in the lake where you fish and then he runs away.

SECOND PART OF THE STORY OF METALGOOSE30:The cook and Quest point tutors!
    Ahmed
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 60930
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood : The story of Metalgoose30 Tired

The story of Metalgoose30 Empty Re: The story of Metalgoose30

Post by Ahmed Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:06 pm

metalgoose30 wrote:it was a great day on Turtoial Island where all the noobs were learning the rules and how to play Runescape.Then, out of no where a new noob called "metalgoose30" came into the land.After he chose his geeky look he ran over to the Fishing and Firemaking tutor and asked "can I skip u because i already know these skills?" "no u cant" said the tutor "please" "no" "please" "no" "please" "no" "PLEASE!" "no" "fine!"
    Metalgoose30 pushes her in the lake where you fish and then he runs away.

SECOND PART OF THE STORY OF METALGOOSE30:The cook and Quest point tutors!

Lol, are you going to do your story like Rotheis?
    Metalgoose30
    Metalgoose30
    NH Member
    NH Member

The story of Metalgoose30 Empty the story of metalgoose30 part 2

Post by Metalgoose30 Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:08 pm

previously on "the story of Metalgoose30" metalgoose had ran away from the first tutor and threw her in a lake.Lets see how hes doing now...

"well heres the next tutor" metalgoose30 walks in to see a short guy with a mustace and a chefs hat."welcome i will teach u how to cook" metalgoose30 listens to all of the chefs instructions and bakes some bread. "how does it taste?"metal asked "its delicious u may move onto the next tutor"metalgoose30 walks out the door and realizes he can use music!" "ahh this is TERRIBLE!!" Metal changes the station and starts doing the cha-cha slide.A random noob walking by mutters "freak."

Next on the story of metalgoose30:THE quest point and mining tutors!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    3rd part will been on here too
    rate and comment Cool

Last edited by on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 631
    Username Change Points : 6143
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood : The story of Metalgoose30 Fine

Post by Theory Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Um, no images?
    Metalgoose30
    Metalgoose30
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Metalgoose30 Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:26 pm

im just to lazy to get them :pig:

besides im just making commedy out of what happened awhile ago when i made metalgoose

Previously on "the story of metalgoose30" He learned how to cook and danced to the cha-cha slide lets see how hes doing now...

metal gasps "gee that was tiring lets go see whats next"goose follows the road to the quest point tutor. he barges and completely ignores the quest point tutor "i dont care im to lazy for quests!" metalgoose30 yelled. metal climbes the ladder down below the house to the mining tutor."hello metalgoose to mine u must use a pickaxe and hit the rock.think u can do that?" ya i guess." after 1 swing metal he gets tired and puts some TNT in the mine.The mine gets obliterated and metal shyly says "it was an Crying or Very sad "The tutor feels bad so he let him go without yelling at him."sucker Twisted Evil "
    Next on the story of metalgoose30:first steps in lumbridge!

rate and comment

*Do not double post or in you case triple post next time
    Metalgoose30
    Metalgoose30
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Metalgoose30 Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:56 pm

no previously on "the story of metalgoose30" cause i dont feel like it =)
    "finally i can get off the dumb island mage guy teleport me" "ok good luck in runescape." metal spots a lvl 126 walking towards with crowds of people behind him "omg zezima we love u""omg zezima""your awsome zezima" "hey zezima" metal said "YOURE A NOOB!" the lvl 126 explodes into peices and the mob of people try to stab him with pitchforks."ahhhhhh!"metal screamed he ran half way across runescape until he lost them all

next story is a surprise!

rate and comment
    Theory
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 631
    Username Change Points : 6143
    Mood : The story of Metalgoose30 Fine

Post by Theory Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:26 pm

Um.....To be perfectly honest, I didn't find that funny slanty
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 11854
    Mood : The story of Metalgoose30 Stressed

Post by preid1220 Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:36 am

You need to be a true RS addict if you loled to this so...LOL
    Metalgoose30
    Metalgoose30
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Metalgoose30 Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:01 pm

ok u guys have waited awhile so here the next part!

metals day of exploration

"im bored of the dumb old town" metal said so he started to explore rs2 so he decided to head south down into the lummy swamps the walked and he walked until he was attacked by a giant rat and was sent right back in lumbridge where he started

NEXT UP: killing chickens!
    preid1220
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 11854
    Mood : The story of Metalgoose30 Stressed

Post by preid1220 Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:25 pm

um... thet stunk no offence
    Shadow
    Shadow
    NH Member
    NH Member

Number of posts : 118
    Username Change Points : 6030
    Registration date : 2007-11-04

Post by Shadow Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:53 pm

No offense, but these are extreemly bad. They lack lengh, detail, grammar (Which is the life of a story) and nearly every element of a story are learn in every grade.
    I'll copy over a writing guide from Psypoke. (All credit goes to the moderator Galar)

Galar wrote:<center>... or "Easy Steps to Write a Decent Story"</center>

Before going through this awesome and incredible thread, I highly recommend that everyone reads the Fanfiction Rules thread and take part in the Fanfics Discussion Thread. Enjoy your navigation. Smile

<center>Number One: A Pretty Structure Makes the Reader's Eyes Happy!</center>

Yes, it does. If you know how to decently structure your story I can assure you the readers won't be going Wakka trying to understand what is going on. Besides that, your post will look clean, organized and pretty, capturing the readers' attention. I guess I can give a little help here.

1.1) Paragraphing

Before telling you when to start a paragraph, I'm going to teach you how a paragraph should be structured.

In books paragraphs are usually started with a margin, a blank space at the side of the page, that is a bit longer than the edge of the lines that follow. Even though we can do that using Microsoft Word, WordPad or any writing software (by just pressing tab), you can´t do that if you are writing directly in the "Reply" box of the Forums (try pressing tab and you'll see what happens).

To make a paragraph's start distinguishable from the rest of the text, you just have to make a small, little effort and press enter twice in your keyboard. By that you'll be able to discern what is a start and what is a sequence, making it easier to understand exactly when a new paragraph has started. It can't be that hard.

Now, when do you start a new paragraph, you ask? Essencially, in the following situations:

Idea Every time a character speaks.
    Idea Every time you are changing a topic, or every time something new happens.

I can't see how people don't understand basic principles such as the ones above. If you are still having problems here, try looking for a "Writing Guide" or something to that extent in the internet.

1.2) Punctuation

Even though a few of you might disagree, punctuation IS serious bussiness, and certainly IS very important in a story. In fact, if you don't use punctuation for writing, what would you use it for? If it doesn't have a reason for being, how come it exists and is used all around the world?

"Punctuation" doesn't mean exclusively "period", "question" and "exclamation". Apostrophes, commas and the italics and underlining are also there for use. They are not things that are under your bed waiting for you, they are your text buddies and they want to help you with your writing.

Idea Period (.): I can't think of another symbol that is more frequently used than the period. It is everywhere ending any sentence or paragraph if you don't intend to emphasize any kind of emotion or feeling.

Idea Comma (,): I love the comma, because I've always had trouble using it, especially considering we have slightly different uses for it in my native language. The comma is used for interrupting, essencially, and for calling. Example: "Mike, come here". Or, "Hang on a second, what do you mean by that?".

Idea Colon (: ): The colon is used for introducing an explanation or suplements. Example. "There are only three objects in the room: a couch, a bed and a chair".

Idea Apostrophe ('): The apostrophe is used basically for contraction and indication of possession. For example, "Galar's dog is silly", "I'm a college student".

Idea Two Hyphens (--): The two hyphens are usually used to include content that you want to de-emphasize, but set off parentheses. For example, "The two of them -- Tom and BlueBabyDragon -- moderate the Music Forum".

Idea Ellipsis (...): The ellipsis are used when you are, essencially, omiting words or content. For example, "I'm thinking... Yeah, I think this is going to work".

Idea Air Quote ("): The air quotes are really important for they display the character's speech or thoughts. Every time you want your character to speak or think about something you should put that sentence between air quotes.

Idea Italics (ita): The italics are usually used to emphasize a word. For example, "I know I owe you ten bucks, you don't need to keep reminding me of that".

1.3) Capitalization

"Why capitalize?", you ask. "Well, why not?", I answer. I have yet to figure out why people DON'T capitalize. I honestly thought that was one of the basic principles of writing, something you learn when you are so young you can barely remember.

Capitalization is important to make paragraphs less confusing. It's easier to notice when a sentence starts and to note proper nouns. In fact, you should ALWAYS capitalize the first letter of the first word of EVERY sentence and EVERY proper noun in your story (such as names for places and people). Oh, yeah, we shouldn't be forgeting that the first person singular in English IS capitalized, the good old I, which is not the same as i.

1.4) WRITE DOWN

{charmeleon}, Smile and =3 are a big pain in the neck. Avoid using emoticons, just simply write everything down. Trust me, you'll look a lot more serious and professional if you don't use those "cute" and completely disposable resources. Emoticons make us angry and mean.

<center>Number Two: Every Grammar is Great!</center>

I can't teach you spelling. I'm not a Grammar teacher, and English is not my native language. I make my own mistakes and I don't really feel comfortable enough to correct others when I have my own errors to deal with. However, some grammatical mistakes we see around this forum are giant absurds. I know most of you are young and everything, but please make an effort and make your English teacher proud of their students.

I do have a few things to say, though. Firstly, Internet lingo is bad for any story. It is ugly, confusing and, honestly, you don't look at all professional when you use it. The quality of your story drops to level zero when a reader sees this kind of crap posted supposedly as a narrative. It is okay for the internet as general, but not for a fiction.

Full sentences and proper punctuation are essencial for any text. Try your best at this point, as they are indispensable for the comprehension of the plot. We, as readers, want to interact with the story and understand exactly what the writer wants us to imagine. If your story lacks good punctuation and sentence parts it will only drive us away from the plot; it will be too confusing to follow and losing track at any moment will always be a high risk.

Try working on verb tenses, idioms and all these annoying grammatical issues. They are an annoyiance, yes, but essencial. We need those correctly used to get what you mean.

<center>Number Three: Minor (and yet important) details.</center>

I couldn't find a category to fit the following in, so I'm gathering them up as "minor" details, but they aren't at all insignificant, so pay attention.

3.1) The Chapters: how many and how long should they be?

Folks, don't post crap. Don't put up a story with chapters that are so short. We simply won't accept this. If you aren't creative enough to develop that chapter then don't post it, work on it a bit more before putting it to display. Of course there is a major difference between a member who posts EVERY chapter short and a member who once posted a not-so-long chapter. We don't want you to write the Bible, but you don't have to write a random block of text and post it.

Your story doesn't have to be an epic or a novel of 46 chapters to be good. You can easily make a 4 chapters fiction and get more estimulating feedback than lots of writers here.

Chapters that contain nothing but dialogues all the time are poor. Yes, they are. They are poor because the writer wasn't smart enough to describe what goes on and had to rely solely on speeches and short sentences like "The weather was cloudy. Brendan said:". Try your best to make it easy for the reader to imagine what you are saying. Actions and descriptions should definetly arrive at higher proportions than dialogues (unless of course your story is a play or an interview). You don't have to spend a whole chapter to describe a chair, but you can perfectly do that in more than two words.

3.2) Correcting My Mistakes

Most (if not all) Word Processors have a grammatical correction tool. That's why we always recommend that you write everything first in that software and then paste it in the Forums.

Occasional spelling mistakes (I could list a bunch in this very post), are fine, you don't have to cut your wrists because someone noticed them. We are aware they just do happen sometimes. Just try to avoid what's gross.

3.3) Planning

Don't start writing a story if you have no idea where you're headed. Try to have, at least, the basics ready: the characters, how it begins, the main event and how it ends. Posting nonsense will not be tolerated. You are more than free to open a topic and use it to post short "oneshot" stories or a collection of developed ideas, but you can't try to come up with something and post it just so you can have your post count raised or whatever lame reason you might have.

3.4) Proofread

Just do it. "i didnt hav time to prufread so dun criticiez my gramer!!11!" will no longer be an acceptable excuse. Bear with the consequences of your actions, if you didn't have time to read your story before posting it and checking for errors (in structure or grammar), then do it when you have that opportunity, some other time. Don't expect people to shake your hand and say "this is good ***" when your story is full of mistakes.

<center>Number Four: Easy Does It</center>

Don't hurry to write your stories so that you can quickly post them here. If you want something to be good you have to have a little patience. Sometimes good stories take months to be finished, and the result of all this hard-work is a great masterpiece. Easy, people, you simply can't rush your writing and end up with a good story: "hurry" and "good" don't match at all.

It is always a good deal to improve your grammar skills and writing abilities if you want to consider yourself a good story writer. I can list a few sites that are really good sources for material on how to become a better writer and even to learn one or two (or lots of) things.

Guide to Grammar and Writing

Writing Den

English Page

<center>Number Five: Good Suggestions are Goooood!</center>

Just take a look at this topic and read our poster's suggestions. I'm sure all they have to offer is good advice. The Fanfics Discussion Thread is also full of goodies. And do listen to critics eventually. If the moderators notice the critic is not constructive the poster will receive a warning, so don't be scared if what you read about your story sounded too harsh. Wink

Oh, and suggestions to improve this "guide" are always most welcome.

More to come as it... well, comes. I honestly hope this helps.

Ta-ta for now! Smile
    Galar
    Metalgoose30
    Metalgoose30
    NH Member
    NH Member

Post by Metalgoose30 Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:28 pm

people dont really like these storys im gonna stop making them.Beseides they were kinda wasting my time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:10 am