I got accepted to OU Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!
New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Horizons

PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I got accepted to OU

Go down 
+2
Ace
preid1220
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member
Ace

Number of posts : 4361
Username Change Points : 11270
Registration date : 2010-03-18
Mood : I got accepted to OU Cool

I got accepted to OU Empty
PostSubject: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:57 pm

One of the best schools in the nation, not including the overrated Ivies (which weren't affordable). I'm happy as hell right now.
Back to top Go down
jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
jj16802

Number of posts : 8328
Username Change Points : 11227
Registration date : 2007-11-30
Mood : I got accepted to OU Paranoid

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Congrats man!

Unfortunately for me, there's a chance I may have to drop out of college. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

Number of posts : 51452
Username Change Points : 61089
Registration date : 2007-10-14
Mood : I got accepted to OU Tired

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Ivies are affordable cuz they could afford to give tons of FA and scholarships. Trust me, I got into Cornell...even if I refused it.

Anyways, Congrats Ace Very Happy ! Good job
Back to top Go down
Craig
NH Member
NH Member
Craig

Number of posts : 10059
Username Change Points : 19323
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member
Ace

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks guys. Very Happy Hopefully I'll graduate and then be able to move out of this stupid state.

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?
Back to top Go down
jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
jj16802

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Ace wrote:
Thanks guys. Very Happy Hopefully I'll graduate and then be able to move out of this stupid state.

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?
My family is current having a financial crisis. With my dad getting laid off, we lost our main source of income. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member
Ace

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:01 am

jj16802 wrote:
Ace wrote:

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?
My family is current having a financial crisis. With my dad getting laid off, we lost our main source of income. Sad

Damn, that's terrible. Sad But being Asian is like automatically having a college degree, right? Razz

But in all seriousness, if you absolutely have to drop out, I suggest joining the military. Do your time, come back and have them pay the bills. The military's not doing much anyway, and whatever crap goes on over there for four (?) years is better than not having a degree for the rest of your life. That's what one of my friends is doing.
Back to top Go down
jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
jj16802

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:15 am

Ace wrote:
jj16802 wrote:
Ace wrote:

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?

Damn, that's terrible. Sad But being Asian is like automatically having a college degree, right? Razz

But in all seriousness, if you absolutely have to drop out, I suggest joining the military. Do your time, come back and have them pay the bills. The military's not doing much anyway, and whatever crap goes on over there for four (?) years is better than not having a degree for the rest of your life. That's what one of my friends is doing.
It'll be my lucky day if the Korean War starts again just as I enlist! Razz But hey, I might think about joining the National Guard or something... I think my dad suggested that once.
Back to top Go down
Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member
Ace

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:17 am

jj16802 wrote:
Ace wrote:
jj16802 wrote:
Ace wrote:

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?

It'll be my lucky day if the Korean War starts again just as I enlist! Razz But hey, I might think about joining the National Guard or something... I think my dad suggested that once.

National Guard is great too, but I don't suggest being in the military in a time of war. You might lose your head... And you kinda need that.
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 am

jj16802 wrote:
Ace wrote:

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?

BRO! Thats NO reason to drop out. TAKE LOANS. Pay back later. That's what I do. My parents can't afford pharm school expenses.
Back to top Go down
Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member
Ace

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:38 am

Hotshot wrote:
jj16802 wrote:
Ace wrote:

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?

BRO! Thats NO reason to drop out. TAKE LOANS. Pay back later. That's what I do. My parents can't afford pharm school expenses.

This doesn't always work, especially when a household has very little income. The loans taken out would have to be massive. It may be worth a shot, but sadly, the military is the only sure way.

Get it? Shot? Military? Herp derp.
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:47 am

Ace wrote:
Hotshot wrote:
jj16802 wrote:
Ace wrote:

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?

This doesn't always work, especially when a household has very little income. The loans taken out would have to be massive. It may be worth a shot, but sadly, the military is the only sure way.

Doesn't matter. I'll end up taking about $200K in loans total. You'll be able to pay it back later. Dont. Drop. Out.
Back to top Go down
Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member
Ace

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:53 am

Hotshot wrote:
Ace wrote:
Hotshot wrote:
jj16802 wrote:
Ace wrote:

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?

Doesn't matter. I'll end up taking about $200K in loans total. You'll be able to pay it back later. Dont. Drop. Out.

It could damage your credit rating beyond all possible repair, but if you want to take that risk, then go ahead.
Back to top Go down
jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
jj16802

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:57 am

Hotshot wrote:
Ace wrote:
Hotshot wrote:
jj16802 wrote:
Ace wrote:

jj16802 wrote:
Congrats man!

Wat? Why?

200K? That is not worth the risk... and also, I doubt that going to college automatically guarantees a job as well, so you may never be able to pay back the loans with interest.
Back to top Go down
Craig
NH Member
NH Member
Craig

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:59 am

and this convo is why I don't want to college atw.
Back to top Go down
Doc
NH Member
NH Member
Doc

Number of posts : 15155
Username Change Points : 15318
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Mood : I got accepted to OU Relaxed

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Pharmacists make 100k a year so he could pay off his loans without that much trouble

200k im loans is still alot tho dude ...im comin out with like 90k ... Ur school is ripping u off lol
Back to top Go down
jj16802
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
jj16802

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:51 pm

... wrote:
Community college could be a better alternative for you. It's way cheaper, and according to my Foundations of the Scientific Process professor, the same professors that teach in a highly regarded university could be teaching there as well, so you're getting the same education.
Back to top Go down
Doc
NH Member
NH Member
Doc

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Lol community college
Back to top Go down
Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member
Ace

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Ahmed's insurance is gonna cost a fortune.
Back to top Go down
preid1220
NH Moderator
NH Moderator
preid1220

Number of posts : 10749
Username Change Points : 12013
Registration date : 2007-11-06
Mood : I got accepted to OU Stressed

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:43 pm

Dude, join a volunteer fire-department that is in fasny and apply for the grant. It will only cover community college but that's better than just stopping your education all together. BTW, what does your dad do again?
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Sher Shah wrote:
Pharmacists make 100k a year so he could pay off his loans without that much trouble

200k im loans is still alot tho dude ...im comin out with like 90k ... Ur school is ripping u off lol

Yeah 100K pre-tax. 60K after taxes. And that's assuming I don't use a cent on myself.

Will probably take me like 3-4 years to pay off.
Back to top Go down
Ace
NH Noble Member
NH Noble Member
Ace

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Hotshot wrote:
Sher Shah wrote:

Yeah 100K pre-tax. 60K after taxes. And that's assuming I don't use a cent on myself.

Will probably take me like 3-4 years to pay off.

Maybe if you live ultra cheaply.
Back to top Go down
Doc
NH Member
NH Member
Doc

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:44 pm

yeah fvck it bro ... just open a pharmacy with me ... lol
Back to top Go down
Ahmed
NH Admin
NH Admin
Ahmed

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Might do clinical pharm instead...so I feel like a Doctor of Pharmacy
Back to top Go down
Craig
NH Member
NH Member
Craig

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:01 pm

jj16802 wrote:
... wrote:
Community college could be a better alternative for you. It's way cheaper, and according to my Foundations of the Scientific Process professor, the same professors that teach in a highly regarded university could be teaching there as well, so you're getting the same education.

preid1220 wrote:
Dude, join a volunteer fire-department that is in fasny and apply for the grant. It will only cover community college but that's better than just stopping your education all together. BTW, what does your dad do again?
I'm gonna be going to college, and I'll probably do college classes while not really being within, within it at minimum.

However my father is telling me that college is a waste (he's really trying to get me to not go to college). He quit his job over a year ago and every month we're in danger of losing the house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got accepted to OU   I got accepted to OU I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got accepted to OU
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next